The Official Green Lantern Thread III: Brighter! Greener! Shinier! Lantern...ier...! - Part 2

Yea I can't say I'm excited. But I liked the Indigo Tribe stuff. At least that felt like it was worth the wait.

Why do we need a new earth GL? Oh yeah, we don't were just gonna get him......

How do you know that? The story hasn't happened.

Because we have 4 already and all the promo pics I have seen with this guy he has a Gun which I think is ******ed. Even if they kill off the previous 4 GLs I still think it's dumb to have a new earth GL ecspecially since johns has said he gets his ring in an unusual manner.

Because we have 4 already and all the promo pics I have seen with this guy he has a Gun which I think is ******ed. Even if they kill off the previous 4 GLs I still think it's dumb to have a new earth GL ecspecially since johns has said he gets his ring in an unusual manner.

And of course the NEW one has to be a homosexual, a minority or female.

You know who else was some random guy given a ring in an unusual manner even though there were several Earth Lanterns already?

tumblr_m78avpQbF11ru4oeho2_250.png

You know who else was some random guy given a ring in an unusual manner even though there were several Earth Lanterns already?

tumblr_m78avpQbF11ru4oeho2_250.png

Rayner is my favorite GL :woot: But the situations are a little different. Rayner took over after Hal was "infected" by Parallax, and destroyed the GL Corps. So Rayner was technically the only GL at his time (Scott was using the name Sentinal)

Rayner is my favorite GL :woot: But the situations are a little different. Rayner took over after Hal was "infected" by Parallax, and destroyed the GL Corps. So Rayner was technically the only GL at his time (Scott was using the name Sentinal)

Yeah, but he said even if the four Earth ones were dead.

Is Sayd evil now? With all that was revealed in Green Lantern Corps i fear that they're going in that direction.

Yeah, but he said even if the four Earth ones were dead.

Yeah but what I was saying was that even if they were dead I wouldn't want ANOTHER Earth GL. Granted I know we would need one but hell there are plenty of planets in sector 2814 why a human? Wouldn't it be cool to have like an Abin Sur as the GL of 2814? Plus the guy has a gun, why does a GL need a gun? That's ******ed.

Within the last few months I've gotten into the GL books just by buying random trades and graphic novels and I've got a nice little collection going now it's just all over the place in the timeline due to stores not having what I need. Anyways, I am absolutely loving every bit of Green Lantern material I can get my hands on! I ****ing love Larfleeze and then the Blue Lantern Corps, Saint Walker is the man! Just read Tales of The Sinestro Corps last nite and WOW! How twisted is some of the stuff!?!? Plus, Batman has always been my favorite superhero but I'm starting to call that into question after reading Rebirth for the first time the other night. I ****ing LOVE the dynamics between Hal and Bruce. I can't believe I slept on GL books as long as I have and I need to get all caught up to speed damn it. Still need Sinestro Corps War vol 1 and the Blackest Night books and War of the Green Lanterns but I have Brightest Day and a few preludes to Blackest Night Agent Orange, RotRL etc. About to start Blackest Night: Green Langern Corps right now. Anybody got any suggestions as to essential books I should get? Rebirth is as far back as I've gone and Brightest day is the latest I've read but there are quite a bit in between I need to get. I just love this whole universe. Once we get a seriously good GL movie it will be breathtaking

Meant I need SCW vol 2. Only have 1. Sinestro has fast become one of my all time favorite villains I know that much. Seems most heroes and villains don't get quite as much face time together as Hal and Sinestro do and I love the back and forth between the two. Besides Joker/Batman I have to say that Hal/Sinestro is one of the most brilliant examples of the mentor becoming the main antagonist EVER. My wallet can't keep up with my Green Lantern obsession damn it! Lol

I've actually been catching up on Geoff Johns run recently as well. I've been buying the new 52 book but I'd only read bits and pieces of GL prior to that. I still need to read Rebirth, Secret Origin and War of the Green Lanterns. I just recently finished the Sinestro Corps War and Rage of the Red Lanterns, amazing stuff!

I still need to find Sinestro Corps War vol 2. But yea, Rage of The Red Lanterns blew my mind! When Saint Walker first swoops in to save the day I literally jumped up off my couch and started cheering. Have you read Agent Orange? Larfleeze is by far one of my favorite characters in the GL-verse. He's not really a villain more of a victim of his own machinations I guess. But it picks up right after Rage of The Red Lanterns, that's one thing I really loves about it. I just read Rebirth the other night and yea you needa get that in man! By far it's been my favorite GL book I've read so far. I just absolutely love how it explains how differently all the characters use their rings. Just utterly AMAZING stuff man. Hal has become one of my all time favorite super heroes in just a few months too, I love the dynamics between him and Batman. I needa get into some Justice League books for real!

Meant I need SCW vol 2. Only have 1. Sinestro has fast become one of my all time favorite villains I know that much. Seems most heroes and villains don't get quite as much face time together as Hal and Sinestro do and I love the back and forth between the two. Besides Joker/Batman I have to say that Hal/Sinestro is one of the most brilliant examples of the mentor becoming the main antagonist EVER. My wallet can't keep up with my Green Lantern obsession damn it! Lol

this is me circa 2010 :woot:

Haha I can't help it man. These books have gotten me excited about comics again :)

I read everything while it was coming out since Rebirth, so I was reading these month to month. I was excited as hell in 2010 leading up to the Blackest Night but I was burned out afterwards I guess.

I'm getting ready to start Blackest Night: Black Lantern Corps. I've had it for a while now just never have gotten around to reading it so now since I have Blackest Night: Green Lantern Corps I'm gonna read this one first. I need to find the other books now but here in my town there are only like two spots to get comics so it's slip pickings lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"