• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Dark Knight The Official Hype "batman Fundamentalists" Thread

raybia

Signing off
Reaction score
LH: Not as such. And I don’t mean any disrespect to you guys, who all supported me, but I’m not a huge comic book fan, by any stretch. By the way, I’m reliably informed that you guys are nicknamed by the powers that be at Warner Bros. as the “Batman Fundamentalists,” or the “DC Fundamentalists.” (laughs) You guys wield an extraordinary amount of power, believe me. I think I’m living proof of that. We wouldn’t be chatting unless you guys had flexed your muscles.

I like that. :yay:

That´s funny... Actually, the definition of "Batman fundamentalists" has a lot to do with WHICH Batman you´re a fundamentalist fan. The Batman from the early years? The Silver Age Batman? The Adam West Batman? The Denny O´Neil one? The Frank Miller one? The Animated Series one? The Burton movies one? The Chris Nolan one?
Sure, in some basic elements, ALL of them are the same character. But in many important aspects, they´re all different.

I like to think I'm more of a "Batman Purist" when it comes to how he's interperted to the big screen.

"Batman Fundamentalists" sounds to unwielding to me.

I'm open to any "tweaking" that's needed provide they don't go overboard.

great, why not< listen to the fans.. it wont hurt.
The fans will spread the word, watch it like 3 times in cinema and buy the dvd. Thats a factor singer didnt get.

Darknightnomis said:
I like to think I'm more of a "Batman Purist" when it comes to how he's interperted to the big screen.

I dunno, really......Begins seemed to be there for the Batman comics fans.

Darknightnomis said:
What's with the .... responses Kaizer ? :huh:

He's been reading too much manga, probably.

I belong to a different Batman gang as in "Batman Quality over Quantity camp".

Darknightnomis said:

co-signed :batty:

I´m only a fundamentalist in the sense that I´m a BIG Batman fan, but I also have in mind it´s necessary to keep a certain level of open-mindness towards how the character is interpreted, given that even in comics he has been interpreted in different ways. I have my favorite versions for different reasons, but I know film as a media has its own needs and things need to be adapted, mixed, summed up, added, etc. It has to respect the core aspects and be recognizable to me as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

I think she's underrated by batfans. She was an integral part of bruce's decision to become the bat in the first place. I thought it was cool.

Wesyeed said:
I think she's underrated by batfans. She was an integral part of bruce's decision to become the bat in the first place. I thought it was cool.

I agree - outside of the "I'm a District Attorney, let me through" scene, I didn't find her to be a poor actress in Begins. Her character was intresting and IMO much better than any other Bat-girl.

BTW Weyseed - I am guessing by your sig that you saw Hollywoodland?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"