Gotham The Official Jada Pinkett Smith is Fish Mooney Thread

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/02/20/gotham-fish-mooney-jada-pinkett-smith/

So Jada Pinkett Smith is joining Gotham, Fox’s new Batman-Minus-Batman TV show. According to the description released by Warner Brothers, she’s playing Fish Mooney, a “sadistic gangster boss and nightclub owner” with “almost extra-sensory abilities to read people like an open book.” Officially, this is a wholly original character.

czFj8y6.jpg

Hopefully her husband will do a cameo role, maybe Ms. Mooney's ex.

I'm intrigued. Jada Pinkett Smith terrifies me. I think she'd be able to ham it up quite well.

Love the name too. So over-the-top and noirish.

Only casting so far that has made me slightly raise an eyebrow...

I hope Jada's character looks like she did in her wicked wisdom rock band days.

images.jpg

Wicked_Wisdom.jpg

Ah, the classic "wear your overcoat as a cape" badguy look. And I like the distinctive look they gave her with her hair. For a show that will heavily depend on iconography, touches of flair and modern fashion are a nice contrast to the classic look of most characters.

Here's hoping Fish is cool enough to make the leap to comics.

This was surprise casting, at least for me, but Jayda will hit it out of the ballpark!

I'm not really interested in the she crime boss that I've never heard of.

I know right, God forbid they throw an original character in there. :whatever:

If you're like me and seeing a giant target on her back with a countdown to when Penguin will usurp her position and send Fish to sleep with her kin, I can understand that reaction. I don't feel it myself, mind you; I figure Fish and her associates are our "generation zero" of Gotham Rogues, and I love the idea that the new characters are basically fresh meat for the meat grinder that will produce Batman, Penguin, Catwoman, etc.

So while she may be set up as the obvious starter-antagonist for Gordon and Cobblepott, I appreciate the flair they're already trying to give the character with the hair styling and the femme fatale look. They're establishing some iconography even without a theme like her successors, so she still kind of fits in Gotham.

Just saw a teaser for the show on Fox and Jada looks deadly in this role! I have always been a fan of hers and hate that after the Matrix sequels she didn't do any more action roles cause she kicks ass and hopefully she does so on Gotham.

Is her character on the show made up, or an actual DC/Batman villain?

Made up for the show...which is refreshing.

I wonder if she'll be popular enough to cross over into the comics, like Harley Quinn or BTAS's portrayal of Mr. Freeze.

http://nypost.com/2014/09/07/jada-pinkett-smith-on-her-new-series-gotham/
Jada Pinkett Smith on her new series ‘Gotham’
By Gregory E. MillerSeptember 7, 2014 | 1:55pm

The last of Christopher Nolan’s beloved “Dark Knight” films hit theaters just two years ago, but Jada Pinkett Smith says she isn’t worried about comparisons for her upcoming Batman prequel show, “Gotham.”

“It’s an origin story, and we haven’t seen that,” the actress said at Christian Siriano’s show at Eyebeam Atelier on Saturday. “We justhaven’t seen how Batman came to be, and the Joker and the Riddler, and what the mob families were like during the earlier era of Gotham … so I think that keeps it out of the comparison.”

And if it’s any indication of how the show will be received, Smith, who plays the villainous nightclub owner Fish Mooney, says fan boys are already starting to obsess.

“That, to me, is the most exciting part,” she said, laughing, “because you have such an enthusiastic audience already geared in, and that’s fun.”

“Gotham” premieres Sept. 22 on Fox.

I wonder if she'll be popular enough to cross over into the comics, like Harley Quinn or BTAS's portrayal of Mr. Freeze.

It would be interesting to see if she transitions over depending on her fate. Just judging from the trailers (especially the latest one) she looks to be a fun and dangerous character, but we'll see.

Loved Jada as Fish. LOVED.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"