Gotham The Official Jada Pinkett Smith is Fish Mooney Thread

I like Bullock the best, but Fish is a big part of the show. You just don't see many dangerous women with leadership skills.

LOL, I just find that sentence so funny. Every time I see Fish Mooney on screen trying to be clever or show leadership skills I cringe. She is horrible at coming off dangerous and usually seems like a little kid with delusions of grandeur. She wouldn't stand a second fighting against those muscle bound guys that she beats up so easily on the show.

I hate everything about this character and find it to be the weakest part of the show. Smith's acting is way sub par compared to the other actors on the show. I'm glad she won't be returning after this season.

Fish doesn't bother me, I actually like the idea of the character. A well known female gangster in the world of Falcone & Maroni. Fits in the Gotham world nicely.

That being said, I actually liked Jada's portrayal in the pilot episode.....

I think if she kept that specific characterization, there wouldn't be as many complaints. There wasn't any odd accent & over the top theatrics, she was straight forward & mean. And being in the boys club, you could understand why.

Plus, I think she needed to be a major 3rd player to Falcon & Maroni....really give her her own motives & goals (apart from just running the underworld) What's her real plan.

There's was (is) a lot of potential for the character, but I don't the execution was entirely successful. But if you rewatch the Fish from the pilot episode, you can really see the difference vs what she became.

I will miss her. I think she is a very good and interesting character.

I'm thinking her last act will be heroic.

I think the Penguin is the one who finishes her off.

What makes you think she definitely will die?
I, mean that is the likeliest scenario, but it's not necessarily a given. Having said that it could be anybody that offs her if it should happen. I can see a scene with Penguin going all ballistic because someone got to her before he did. We'll just have to wait and see.

I enjoyed the hell out of her &I don't think we've seen the last of her

Definitely not, she'll be back. I think they're probably trying to take the smartest approach by not overusing her. Jada has said she would gladly come back & her "death" wasn't by any means a definitive one. So yeah, she'll be back...probably a few small appearances throughout season 2 & then a return to the main cast around season 3 or 4.

I seriously hope she is done, I couldn't stand her character. Every time it seemed she was finished off they dragged her out for more pointless screen time: what was the point of her sub-plot with "Dollmaker" beyond featuring a half-assed Dollmaker? She got shot on her escape but when she returned in the finale she was absolutely fine. She wanted to be accepted as an equal and be top dog but did nothing to get to that position except manipulate everyone, and everyone knew she was doing that, and when it went ****-up she was just forgiven or her actions were glossed over and she was left exactly in the same position as before.

Such a pointless character, I would've preferred more time to be spent on Maroni and Falcone and have every bit of Fish's manipulations poured into the Penguin, all three of whom were far more interesting to me (although, to be fair, I found it difficult to find any distinctions between the four: all had delusions of grandeur, all wanted more power, etc..)

Im catching up on the show and I still like the character and all her wretchedness. I think her last episode of the first season should have been when she said her goodbyes to Bullock and said she was leaving for awhile. That was the perfect drop off point for the character as she could have come back for a later season and called herself Shark.

So, she gonna be one of Hugo Strange's monsters or what?

Why won't this crap character die already? They killed off Jerome but keep bringing back Fish? I don't get it. Especially when they could focus on Oswald and Ed and really build up those characters. You know, actual Batman villains with depth and motivations. She's almost as annoying as Barbara.

Didn't they say that she will only be in the first 3 episodes of the season? So she's basically going to be like last season's Jerome.

They did but they also said she'd be back again later in the season.

I sort of wonder if Gotham thinks our idea of fun is them adding her to all our season finales.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"