The Official Kevin Costner IS Pa Kent Thread

Jor-El maybe, as some commented. Seems like another one of those big coup moments for the film, if they can land him, like getting Robert Downey Jnr for Iron Man. Could be interesting to see him dominate the role of Jor-El for a short, but significant, time ala Marlon Brando.

Im hoping its jonathan kent. Its the only role i can see him doing to be honest

Jonathan Kent makes the most sense.

This thread may as well be titled "Kevin Costner Is Jonathan Kent". Lol.

I think Jonathan as well.

hell yeah...

now if we could just get annette bening for martha...

Last edited:
Hmmm. This lines up with how Snyder said he cast Watchmen. He wanted relatively younger actors for traditionally older roles, so they could play themselves in flashbacks but then be aged to look older in the present.

I suppose they could do this with Costner as Pa Kent.

Could work.

pa-kent.jpg

PaKent.JPG

jonathan_kent-char.jpg

Or better yet, Pa Kent can die before he needs aged much.

Pretty good choice I would say.

I doubt Pa Kent will die in this one, otherwise they wouldn't have cast a younger vigorous actor.

I'd really like to see this Jonathan avoid the grim reaper.

Superb casting if this is accurate :up:

Kevin Costner for Pa Kent & John Goodman for Perry White :up:

I'd like him for Perry the most, but Jonathan would be cool. I'd rather they go younger for Jor-El this time around though.

Superb casting if this is accurate :up:

Kevin Costner for Pa Kent & John Goodman for Perry White :up:
I may be totally wrong but i'm expecting very well known names for Martha, Jor-el, Lara, Lex, Perry, and probably Brainiac.

I doubt Pa Kent will die in this one, otherwise they wouldn't have cast a younger vigorous actor.

Continued failure if they go with a Superman who runs home to mommy and daddy for pie and advice.

Of course this is just being made to keep the rights from Siegel's daughter (his wife passed away just recently), so it's not like they give a crap about getting Superman right I guess.

Hmmm. This lines up with how Snyder said he cast Watchmen. He wanted relatively younger actors for traditionally older roles, so they could play themselves in flashbacks but then be aged to look older in the present.

I suppose they could do this with Costner as Pa Kent.

Could work.
There's no need. Kevin's getting up there in age, though not nearly as old as Glenn Ford was when he played it (7 year difference). This is semi-recent pic of Kevin:

CMIL36.jpg

That's old enough.

Continued failure if they go with a Superman who runs home to mommy and daddy for pie and advice.

Of course this is just being made to keep the rights from Siegel's daughter (his wife passed away just recently), so it's not like they give a crap about getting Superman right I guess.

I don't think that will be an issue.

It sounds like Superman himself gets established in this film, in Smallville itself.

The casting call said that Clark travels back from his job in Africa, to his hometown Smallville to discover his Kryptonian heritage.

The Kents are bound to have a huge role in this film if it focuses on the journey TO Metropolis.

I may be totally wrong but i'm expecting very well known names for Martha, Jor-el, Lara, Lex, Perry, and probably Brainiac.

I'd like to think they'll cast somewhat 'household names' in the rest of the supporting cast, kinda adds even more interest to the film for some who otherwise might not have seen the film.

John Goodman is a well known name.. isn't he?

Yeah, it looks like they are going Birthright route, which is a good idea. Hopefully they have a big role and then they make the right decision to get rid of them.

Regardless, Costner is another great choice. So far the casting in this is of a similar quality to the Batman series. Hopefully they do a little better with the female roles that BB and TDK did (I think Hathaway is a fine choice for Catwoman in TDKR).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"