Days of Future Past The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant new ones as in the movies.... X1-3 they are decked in black.. The comics have no bearings for common sense. That's why the writers get away with murdaa

Yeah I realized you meant and removed that part of my post.

And the "new ones" were made in the past when comic films were far less in the mainstream and less open about being comic book films (especially following Batman and Robin). They were trying to be more sci-fi in nature. Now that we've had actual costumes with characters like Spider-Man (that serve no practical purpose either), the acceptance for colorful suits has carried over into X-Men as well.

Spider man colorful suit doesn't Hurt reality that much; like superman he Is extremely invulnerable. Most xmen can die from a bullet wound. At the same time when I think about it deeper- it really doesn't matter. The xmen unlike batman can't use darkness to their advantage. Most of the time they come out In the day anyway.

I retract my statements I am wrong about the yb suits

They're not exactly the same, but the palette and the color schemes came pretty close...

Color scheme doesn't equal comic book version. You people are using the costumes from FC to support the whole "the comic book spandex versions can look good in RL" argument, when other than the color scheme, they're totally different. No head gear, no spandex, they added designs to the fabric, no boots, etc etc.

I must say the costume looked like crap. The mask was well done and the shot from behind that was made available a few months back was, for lack of a better term, perfection. However from the front it simply didn't look right at all. It should have been tighter, especially around the arms.

By contrast the x-men uniforms were just right.

I must say the costume looked like crap. The mask was well done and the shot from behind that was made available a few months back was, for lack of a better term, perfection. However from the front it simply didn't look right at all. It should have been tighter, especially around the arms.

By contrast the x-men uniforms were just right.

Concurred 100%

I didn't like the prongs on his helmet nor that part of it was purple. Like I said before, just because it's comic accurate doesn't mean will work in live action. The lower part of the helmet should have contoured to the shape of his face like Mckellen's helmet, that would have made it look much better.

Y'all be crazy. I LOVED his final helmet. I've been waiting to see it look like that for 3 films

ugh, are people really mad at his costume. I mean, they deviate from the comics people complain, and when they follow the comics they complain.

I'm still waiting for the "Fassbender is too skinny, Magneto needs to be built!" comments.

My favorite thing about this movie.

michael-fassbender-magneto.jpg

He was just outright awesome acting wise. Also, I think the character of Magneto was handled very well writingwise.

Fassbender was great, sans the accent slip in the movie.

ugh, are people really mad at his costume. I mean, they deviate from the comics people complain, and when they follow the comics they complain.

I'm still waiting for the "Fassbender is too skinny, Magneto needs to be built!" comments.

I agree. I loved the costume at the end and I'm kinda amazed people have issues with it. Especially since, i'm pretty sure the filmmakers made it those colors SPECIFICALLY because they thought we'd all dig it. They could've just slapped him in the suit from the first 3 but they went the extra mile...for us. I loved it.

Hopefully in the coming weeks they'll release a still of the Magneto shot. That helmet was pure bliss. The suit just need some buttons or a collar and it would have been stellar.

I'm just glad they had the balls to keep the colors. So sexy.

Fassbender was so awesome in this that I didn't even care that his Irish accent came through during the beach scene.

Fassbender rocked the Goddamn HOUSE in this movie. He owned every second he was on screen, and his musical theme was just awesome. "Erik the Nazi Hunter" was one of the more riveting, emotional and incredible elements of the film.

I LOVED the end shot with that comic helmet,it gave me goosebumps. I love that it becomes more streamlined in the future(X1-X3),like a natural evolution. Between McKellan and Fassbender,Magneto is reaching Darth Vader-level status as a movie villain.

The beach scenes were all Irish, all the time. I didn't care, though.

Anybody hsve that back shot of Magneto in wallpaper format? :D

You can get it on the official movie site. :)

I honestly didn't notice the Irish accent slipping. which lines was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"