Switch The Official Nintendo Switch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hqdefault.jpg

[YT]TWGwTYE0z2I[/YT]

Battlefront 2 Might be Outlawed? - The Rundown - Electric Playground[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]1.7K views12 hours ago Published on 11/22/2017[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]Today in the Rundown, we have more bad news for Star Wars Battlefront 2, and how it might be outlawed in an entire US state. We also have some brighter news with new DLC for Battlefield 1, the latest on the new Star Wars movie The Last Jedi, an early look at the next Jurassic Park film, two new weapons for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, and finally, details on what Square Enix has planned for the Nintendo Switch![/FONT]

source:[FONT=&quot]EPN.tv[/FONT]

Last edited:
Gamecube flashbacks.

Is anyone else not really crazy about Super Mario Odyssey? I went through the Kingdoms pretty quickly (haven't gone to the last one though) and found a few of them to feel pretty dull and empty. It also sucks that the controls were designed around detached joy-cons while other schemes got shafted since motion controls are a lot more limiting.

Nah, I'm loving Odyssey. After you beat the main game, the world opens up, and there's a LOT more challenges, along with being able to unlock more Kingdoms. I'm still playing it. I have around 630 Moons.

Picked up a 128 gb sd card and RE: Revelations off of Amazon.

So I had a crazy thought. I thought it would be cool if Nintendo could add a nifty little feature where if you insert colored joycons that the theme of you Switch changes to match that color.

Im going to need Nintendo to do some discounts on controllers for the x-mas season.

Why yes, RE is great on the Switch.

I just learned RE: R is on the Switch. I NEED IT! Even though I don't care for what they did to Jill's walking animation... You know... Down there... The wiggling... Yeah... Didn't think I knew what you were looking at.

Lucille-is-judging-you-gif-arrested-development-21743891-500-289.gif

Perv. :p

Also has anyone tried skinning their Switch? I saw a brand called Hover Cover that claims it won't damage the Switch.

Just a warning, if you go physical, RE: Revelations 2 is a code you have to download. And you need an SD card for it.

Gotcha. I saw it's $60 retail though. Not awesome. :dry:

Nintendo gives zero ****s in regards to pricing.

Wait a minute. Amazon has it listed as $40. Maybe it was mismarked at GameStop and Walmart... I'm confused.

Yeah, it should be $40. That is what I got it at on Amazon, that is the price of the two games on the e-shop. And that is what it is showing up as for when I googled it and it showed the Walmart, Target, and Gamestop price.

Thanks, now I don't feel as bad blowing some of my paycheck on this. :p

Just a warning, if you go physical, RE: Revelations 2 is a code you have to download. And you need an SD card for it.

It's like some developers have completely forgotten the point of physical copies, what exactly is the purpose of a physical copy if a download is still required?

Is it really their fault that we haven't embraced the beauty of digital media over the archaic, cluttering evil of physical disks and cartridges? Feh, FEH I SAY!

If the Switch's storage space wasn't so pitiful and if micro sd cards with decent storage weren't so expensive I wouldn't mind, but I was hoping my 64gb card would be enough to hold my DLC and smaller games digitally if I got my bigger games physically, but with some of these games having substantial required downloads I felt I had to upgrade to a bigger card. Physical copies should not require you to download anything to play, especially on the Switch where storage space is so precious.

How big is RE: R2 download?

I've played the ever loving **** outta RE:R1 so I'll pass there. I will get RE:R2 though. Never finished that one on PS4 and I'm aching for some RE on Switch. I want the REmake on Switch most though.

How big is RE: R2 download?

23gb. I can kinda understand since the game cartridges Nintendo makes don't have room for both games, but you'd think the R2 would be the one on the card and R1 would be the download for the sake of storage space, even then they could've fit a fair amount of both games on there and cut down the required download to several gigabytes instead of a couple dozen. A similar problem happened with LA Noire, where a 14gb download is required to play the game, but there isn't an excuse there since Nintendo makes 32gb game cartridges they could've used if Take Two wasn't trying to cheap out on the Switch release (despite still charging Switch users an extra $10 for their product).

Last edited:
That is quite big.

The thing about the Switch cartridges, is that they do come in different sizes, apparently. Also, many companies aren't. willing to put in the effort to get Nintendo's wizardry in files sizes.

So, as nice as it is getting third party support, you kind of have to acknowledge that they are too used to how the X1/PS4 operate. It's why I picked up a 128 gb card on sale last week.

Also, NBA2k also has a 5 GB save file. Just for the save file!!!!

Games are bigger than they used to be. You could have a 1TB external drive and it'd get full pretty ****ing fast. If they utilized cloud storage better it would be a much needed improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"