• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official Perry White Casting & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we need a Perry who's more intimidating than any of the villains. :oldrazz:

De Niro has a funny screech. Would add a bit of humour to the movie if we kept hear him screaming for Jimmy every 5 minutes at the Planet :awesome:

he was'nt mis cast but when the writing of a movie and character is written like it was in returns you really cant save it

The writing was fine. Langella himself consciously decided to play Perry as the strong, quite type. He's a great actor and I understood why he played it the way he did, but it was different from the traditional Perry White we're used to (Jackie Cooper, Lane Smith, etc.)

The role was originally was meant for Hugh Laurie though and I would have loved to have seen what his Perry would have been like. I have a feeling it would have been really memorable.

Denzel hasn't exactly had a string of hits as of late, neither has Crowe or Costner, so I don't think money would be a barrier.
I would like to think he is at least being considered.
I think he would be splendid as PW!

Oh but it is an obstacle, as Denzel loves money. :oldrazz:

I don't know who I want to play White, but I do like the idea of Dustin Hoffman playing him.

I thnk a great against type casting would be Alan Rickman. but the only American accent I've heard him do was the awesome 'Country Bumpkin' accent when he first meets John McClain in Die Hard.

Gilmore Girls and character vet Edward Herman would make a great Perry White imo. He can be comical, warm, and hard driving at the same time. The problem with him, is the guy is like 6'5 so he'd be taller then Cavill.Lol.

I just saw a silly web rumor on another mb the other day about Deniro being eyed for Perry White. Sounds like fanboy wishing but that would be cool imo.

i'd be incredibly happy with DeNiro, Baldwin or Jeff Bridges.

Bridges with IM is still fresh enough in my mind though. He may appear villainous because of this sub-conciously.

Gilmore Girls and character vet Edward Herman would make a great Perry White imo. He can be comical, warm, and hard driving at the same time. The problem with him, is the guy is like 6'5 so he'd be taller then Cavill.Lol.

It might not be so bad. Alan Napier was quite a bit taller than Adam West, and Morgan Freeman is taller than Christian Bale.

Bridges with IM is still fresh enough in my mind though. He may appear villainous because of this sub-conciously.
Ryan Renolds = Deadpool & Green Lantern
Chris Evans = Johnny Storm & Captain America

if anything, Robert Downey Jr being Tony Stark should've gotten in the way of my ability to enjoy him as Sherlock Holmes but such is not the case. i was able to watch Tron and True Grit just fine considering the fact that Iron Man was the last thing i had seen Jeff Bridges in. besides, in IM he had a bald head and a goatee. Perry White is the exact opposite, a full head of hair and no facial hair.

i can easily see jeff bridges as perry but i can see people having problems with iron man thing
2008_how_to_lose_friends_and_alienate_people_002.jpg

Jeff_Bridges-2-Iron_Man.jpg
jeff-bridges.jpg

Bridges might be a good Perry White but I'll always see him as the Dude.

DeNiro, Hoffman, Pacino, Goodman, or McGill. There it is.

Kurt Russell is another one that comes to mind. Don't know if he's been brought up yet.

There are dozens of actors that can play this role, and they don't have to be huge names. Case in point: Tom Berenger, Kurtwood Smith, Dan Lauria, Bill Smitrovich - all good candidates.

There are dozens of actors that can play this role, and they don't have to be huge names. Case in point: Tom Berenger, Kurtwood Smith, Dan Lauria, Bill Smitrovich - all good candidates.

In my humble opinion, Perry is more or less iconic than Superman :-)woot:), so a big name actor would fit nicely with the role.

De Niro :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"