The Official PS4 Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, if SE signed the deal with MS expecting a certain sales threshold, they have no one but themselves to blame if sales don't meet expectations.

that's what you get when you go with the player who's falling behind in console and software sales, who's even being outsold by the freakin Wii U in some months.

now, maybe by Holiday 2015, MS will have turned the ship around and the X1 will have surpassed the PS4. It could certainly happen. But, if it doesn't. If by then the X1 is still behind in console and software sales. If by then the PS4 is still the dominant player. And if sales of Rise aren't that hot during the X1 exclusivity period...........well..........SE shouldn't go crying to MS...........:o

and if sales aren't so hot on the PS4 when it does get released there, again.........you reap what you sow.....

don't go pissing off the base whose console is #1 and who accounted for more of your next gen Definitive Edition sales, and then expect them to just embrace you with open arms once you do get around to releasing the new game on the PS4.
well, let's say if TR came out on Ps4, se made $350 million off of all the copies sold. There's that money, and then the money they make with the xbone copies.

But, let's say in the real world, microsoft paid se $400 million to keep it exclusive. the xbone sales are xbone sales, and whatever was lost for not being multiplatform, is made up with that brolic check. catch my drift?

and what you said about the xbone surpassing the Ps4... that's certainly possible, but oh god I hope that doesn't actually happen :shock
Halo 5 will be the turning point, if there is to be one. That's a game that could actually sell a few million 'bones.
the halo collection will be the turning point, and it will sell more than a few million bones.
yeah.....that's why I have a feeling the X1 is still gonna lag behind until then.

but that's a full year away. and another full year of lagging sales ( assuming that's what comes to pass ) is still not good for the brand.
once the halo collection drops, there won't be any lagging left.

halo = xbox win.
I do think the gap will be closed a bit this holiday.

Microsoft has an aggressive marketing campaign coming up, as well as the Halo collection (which even I will buy).

wat do you mean "even" you? are you just not much of a fan of microsft & xbone's campaign these days?

I don't think the X1 will catch up. It may close the gap a tad, but I don't think this will be a neck and neck type of thing like the last generation.

A thing that people seem to forget is that online play with friends is so essential. And when all the early adopters are telling their friends to get a PS4 because that's what they game on, most just want to play with their friends. That's why the 360 did so well.

I think MS has done a wonderful job turning the ship around though. I have more respect for them now than I have in almost 10 years. However, they still need to get some killer exclusive game, then I will buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"