The Official PS4 Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's ugly but I do really like the look of the PS4 and especially the controller.

I don't think it's ugly but I do really like the look of the PS4 and especially the controller.

It is sexy. Though the design itself is too compact for the console's own good.

Meanwhile the Xbone is ugly and heavy as hell, but has ample room for everything.

I'd say the price difference was the biggest factor, but people shouldn't underestimate the Xbone's horrible announcement and DRM. I knew people who had never bought a console who had heard about that.

I've also met a number of people online and in real life who bought one just for that reason, and they had 360's.

That DRM stuff scared the **** out of people.

Even here, even now, you have people who think they can't play games offline.

I know in my case, going with the PS4 over the X1 was in large part due to "principle."

After the **** MS pulled when they revealed the X1, I said to myself "I'm not going to support them. I'm going to get a PS4 for sure."

and still today, as I debate whether I should get an X1, I still find myself going back to that principle. I'm not sure I want to "support" MS this console cycle.

Plus, I ask myself, if there any real, practical reason for getting an X1? Is there anything that the X1 can do that my PS4 can't?

and the answer to those questions are both........no.

(assuming, of course, that Sony does add media playback in the next few months..........:o)

It's amazing how well the PS4 controller just feels in my hands. I have a hard time going back to the PS3 controller......lol.

and, I've held X1 controllers when I demo them at stores. Something about it just doesn't feel "right." It feels kind of "cheap" and isn't as comfortable as the PS4 controller.

well, Tomb Raider is only timed exclusive as far as we know........

and would you say that your rather pessimistic outlook for the PS4 is born more out of frustration with Sony?? would that be fair to say??

that's the vibe I get from you...........
I don't think tomb raider will ever see the light of day on playstation ever again. PC yeah, but not playstation

and yes, sony does frustrate the **** outta me, going all the way back to the $600 price tag of the Ps3, to all the exclusives they didn't care about, to that PsP go model they came out with that was super expensive, to this PS Now ****, look I can go on and on.

sony has had a lot of rough patches and they've deserved a whole lot of them, but I want them to take back the crown this generation.
My only issue with Sony is hardware at the moment.

The PS4 should have had a power brick. Yeah it's annoying, but it prevents overheating. Also, with need USB media support, and external hard drive support.
this.

however, I disagree that it is annoying. it just sits in the back and collects dust. I don't see why there was such a fuss about the 360 and xbones having it anyway. who cares?! i certainly wouldn't if I was an xbone owner.
and now that disparity is gone, too.

yet, June and July didn't see a significant boost to X1 sales.
i'd say doubling sales is quite a significant boost...
I do find the PS4 to be much more aesthetically pleasing.

The Xbone is just... well, ugly.

lol

I don't think tomb raider will ever see the light of day on playstation ever again. PC yeah, but not playstation
that is absolute crazy talk. The TR games ALWAYS sell better on PS platforms, yet SE all of a sudden will never support the system with those games? Yeah, that makes a whole lot of sense.....

that is absolute crazy talk. The TR games ALWAYS sell better on PS platforms, yet SE all of a sudden will never support the system with those games? Yeah, that makes a whole lot of sense.....

i'm saying I'm hypothesizing that microsoft paid se enough to pass on a port on the Ps4. if RoTR is exclusive and then comes out for Ps4 a year later interest will have dropped and it won't sell well on that platform

i'm saying I'm hypothesizing that microsoft paid se enough to pass on a port on the Ps4. if RoTR is exclusive and then comes out for Ps4 a year later interest will have dropped and it won't sell well on that platform

and SE would have no one else to blame but themselves if that's the case.........:o

I can't imagine Tomb Raider not coming back to the Playstation.

I expect the sequel to probably show up on the PS4 a year after the Xbone's version. Maybe a definitive edition.

It is sexy. Though the design itself is too compact for the console's own good.

Meanwhile the Xbone is ugly and heavy as hell, but has ample room for everything.
What disadvantages have you found from it being too compact? Is it actually missing any connections it should have or are they too cramped? I think it looks great but I don't like manufacturers focusing on minimising size too much, especially if at the expense of anything else. All my AV equipment is huge and I like it that way as long as they are designed well.

It's amazing how well the PS4 controller just feels in my hands. I have a hard time going back to the PS3 controller......lol.

and, I've held X1 controllers when I demo them at stores. Something about it just doesn't feel "right." It feels kind of "cheap" and isn't as comfortable as the PS4 controller.
I also think it feels a bit cheap. The PS4 controller totally blows away all prior dual shocks. I even love the blue light!

MS themselves said that the game is not exclusive. What other console is it going to go to? The Wii U? A PC and PS4 version are a given. I think the bigger question will be whether the PS3 will get it or not, as that is up in the air. Even if you believe RoTR wont go to the PS4, its quite a bold statement to say the franchise will never be on a Sony system again. That's quite a leap and makes absolutely no sense. MS would need to buy SE for that to happen and that's not exactly something that's likely to happen anytime soon

MS themselves said that the game is not exclusive. What other console is it going to go to? The Wii U? A PC and PS4 version are a given. I think the bigger question will be whether the PS3 will get it or not, as that is up in the air. Even if you believe RoTR wont go to the PS4, its quite a bold statement to say the franchise will never be on a Sony system again. That's quite a leap and makes absolutely no sense. MS would need to buy SE for that to happen and that's not exactly something that's likely to happen anytime soon

as I've said before, SE would have to be complete utter fools to skip releasing Rise on the PS4. especially if the PS4 continues to be the lead console, not just in hardware but in software sales as well.

they've already ticked off the PS base with the deal with MS. choosing to skip the PS4 entirely would further enrage PS players, which would only hurt their sales on future mutliplat titles.

in fact, I'd imagine some PS players are already going to boycott Rise even if it does come to the PS4 - as their way of protesting what SE did with MS.

You know I've never once.. Looked at a console and thought "eeeewy that's ugly."

Not once.

the limited edition CoD X1................that's ugly.......:o

Not if ur a CoD fan. The gunmetal grey, the insignias, I'm sure they'll dig the hell outta that console. Remove the CoD branded stuff and slap a few Batman symbols on there and I'd be all over the console.

Last edited:

Nah, Spencer has basically said a ps4 version will come out. He constantly reiterated how he "doesn't own the franchise" and that the deal they have is limited in scope.

I think grey and gold is a great looking combo. I almost wanna trade in my controller for the COD one.

Not if ur a CoD fan. The gunmetal grey, the insignias, I'm sure they'll dig the hell outta that console. Remove the CoD branded stuff and slap a few Batman symbols on there and I'd be all over the console.

well.......I'm not a CoD fan..........:o

but.....a Batman themed console would pique my interest.....

even better.......a Superman themed one!! :hubba

but alas......we know the latter won't ever happen......cuz they'll never make a good Superman game............:csad:

Rocksteady and WB games have a closer relationship with Sony. If any console would get an AK theme it would probably be a PS4. :p

Nah, Spencer has basically said a ps4 version will come out. He constantly reiterated how he "doesn't own the franchise" and that the deal they have is limited in scope.
Yeah man I know, and looking back at his actual statement, he wasn't denying the game coming out on PC and I could tell he was avoiding mentioning the Ps4. Chances are I'm wrong but the thing is... the game won't be a priority for Ps4 owners at that point because
well I meant that microsoft was gonna buy the exclusivity for every future TR game. but yeah, the more I think about it, the more I realize a Ps4 port is probable. but still, won't be very profitable.
and SE would have no one else to blame but themselves if that's the case.........:o
well they could also blame microsoft for not having the promised sales expectation....

well even besides that, say TR xbox sales aren't chart topping at all, would the check they got for having it exclusive cover that? that is the opportunity cost yeah? or the trade off rather?

Yeah man I know, and looking back at his actual statement, he wasn't denying the game coming out on PC and I could tell he was avoiding mentioning the Ps4. Chances are I'm wrong but the thing is... the game won't be a priority for Ps4 owners at that point because

well I meant that microsoft was gonna buy the exclusivity for every future TR game. but yeah, the more I think about it, the more I realize a Ps4 port is probable. but still, won't be very profitable.

well they could also blame microsoft for not having the promised sales expectation....

well even besides that, say TR xbox sales aren't chart topping at all, would the check they got for having it exclusive cover that? that is the opportunity cost yeah? or the trade off rather?

well, if SE signed the deal with MS expecting a certain sales threshold, they have no one but themselves to blame if sales don't meet expectations.

that's what you get when you go with the player who's falling behind in console and software sales, who's even being outsold by the freakin Wii U in some months.

now, maybe by Holiday 2015, MS will have turned the ship around and the X1 will have surpassed the PS4. It could certainly happen. But, if it doesn't. If by then the X1 is still behind in console and software sales. If by then the PS4 is still the dominant player. And if sales of Rise aren't that hot during the X1 exclusivity period...........well..........SE shouldn't go crying to MS...........:o

and if sales aren't so hot on the PS4 when it does get released there, again.........you reap what you sow.....

don't go pissing off the base whose console is #1 and who accounted for more of your next gen Definitive Edition sales, and then expect them to just embrace you with open arms once you do get around to releasing the new game on the PS4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Halo 5 will be the turning point, if there is to be one. That's a game that could actually sell a few million 'bones.

Halo 5 will be the turning point, if there is to be one. That's a game that could actually sell a few million 'bones.

yeah.....that's why I have a feeling the X1 is still gonna lag behind until then.

but that's a full year away. and another full year of lagging sales ( assuming that's what comes to pass ) is still not good for the brand.

I do think the gap will be closed a bit this holiday.

Microsoft has an aggressive marketing campaign coming up, as well as the Halo collection (which even I will buy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"