The Dark Knight Rises The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you EVEN be in the TDKR (SPOILERS) forum ... in a thread called "RATE / REVIEW thread for TDKR" and then get mad about spoiler tags?

Thread says "The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!)"
Can you read, dude?

Thread says "The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!)"
Can you read, dude?

Why are you in a SPOILERS forum, in a SPOILER thread and then complain about spoilers?

Why even read them if you don't want spoilers?

Figs, the Mods were clear. Obey the rules. They were quite clear about spoiler tags.

Then don't post spoilers. Simple solution.

Why? What kind of idiot wanders into a spoiler forum in a very spoiler based thread and gets mad he or she reads something gasp ...

Full of spoilers?

Tell me what breed of idiot does that?

Thanks rent a cop / hall monitor ... I'm new here and don't know HOW to use spoiler tags.

Drop the condescending attitude and ask a Mod if you're having trouble using spoiler tags. Or you could avoid posting spoilers altogether. Your choice.

Thanks rent a cop / hall monitor ... I'm new here and don't know HOW to use spoiler tags.

If you hit "go advanced" there's a smiley just above the text box.It has a black bar over its eyes.
Highlight your text and click the smiley.

Then don't post spoilers. Simple solution.

Or tell him how.Simple solution

:cwink:

Last edited:
Why? What kind of idiot wanders into a spoiler forum in a very spoiler based thread and gets mad he or she reads something gasp ...

Full of spoilers?

Tell me what breed of idiot does that?

What breed of idiot doesn't understand rules explicitly said by the mods?

In your toolbar reply window, there is a smiley face with a solid black line covering the eyes. Write your response, highlight it, then press that icon.

When you hit go advanced there's a smiley just above the text box with a black bar over its eyes.
Highlight your text and click the smiley.

Or tell him how.Simple solution

:cwink:
Thank you.

Someone nice who actually cared to explain.

From now on .. I got it. Thanks.

Very underwhelming. Felt forced in some areas.

Bed now.

Third film curse continues.

The Batman/Bane sewer confrontation was the highlight of the film for me.

Some things I just couldnt get past..
Alfred leaving Bruce Wayne - never!
The whole holding the city hostage scenario/ cops held captive,etc - even for a comic book movie - its stretched disbelief

Last edited:
10/10

I felt the same thing I did after seeing 'Avengers' - couldn't come up with words for it. THE DARK KNIGHT RISES, BATMAN BEGINS, THE DARK KNIGHT. I could be biased though.

Since this one focused a lot on orphans and orphanhood it seemed like. As an adoptee, I found John Blake to be the most relatable character on film in a long time. Strong, determined, but still angst-ridden underneath which fuels his strength. Not fearing death and just putting others ahead of yourself. They nailed that character.

Not to mention this felt like an adaptation of KNIGHTFALL and NO MAN'S LAND which was beyond amazing to see on screen.

I really want to see a John Blake movie.

.Just saw the midnight showing. Here are my quick thoughts:

*This was probably Bale’s best Batman performance.
*Anne and Tom were awesome. Anne was perfection, and Tom made me like a character that I find overrated in the comics. Hell, he’s still overrated in the comics, its just that the Nolan version is easily the best version of Bane
*The rest of the cast was solid performance wise.
*The movie picked up when we first saw Batman onscreen. This movie makes you appreciate the power of a badass Batman scene. Still, he didn’t have any reaaaly badasss moment like the SWAT fight in TDK.
*Was kinda disappointed by the last Batman/Bane fight.
*Miranda’s relationship with Bruce was underdeveloped…as was Selina’s I felt.

Epic! This is also a heavy heavy film for the comic genre. It's also definitely a love letter to the franchise as whole.

The way it connected everything was brilliant.

there wasnt anything outwardly wrong with the movie.....but it never got me excited. it was just....there.

i love that the end of the movie was essentially this...

Last edited:
I thought it was awful. I really, really thought it was awful. And sure, I'm not the biggest fan of Nolan's bat-films or his take on the Batman mythos... but I didn't think his either of the first two films were steaming piles. The Dark Knight especially had it's fair share of redeeming qualities.

This movie was just... wow. It was bad guys. I don't want to speak for everyone but I could sense the general vibe in my theater was pretty "meh". It was so jumbled and soooo over the top. This movie was a lot of things, but it didn't feel like "Batman" to me. I don't know what it was really other than a giant mess.

Sorry, not trying to spread negativity. Just giving an honest impression.

I thought it was awful. I really, really thought it was awful. And sure, I'm not the biggest fan of Nolan's bat-films or his take on the Batman mythos... but I didn't think his either of the first two films were steaming piles. The Dark Knight especially had it's fair share of redeeming qualities.

This movie was just... wow. It was bad guys. I don't want to speak for everyone but I could sense the general vibe in my theater was pretty "meh". It was so jumbled and soooo over the top. This movie was a lot of things, but it didn't feel like "Batman" to me. I don't know what it was really other than a giant mess.

You really expect people to take you seriously with the bolded statement above lol

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it. I love Nolans bat-films and his take on a Batman mythos and I loved TDKR even more than TDK or BB. Hopefully you guys will get the movie you want with the next reboot.

I got what I wanted with this trilogy and I can't be more happy about it.

You really expect people to take you seriously with the bolded statement above lol

i think he's less concerned about how other people take him, and more concerned about giving his honest opinion.

Bruce survives the blast because he ejected. The thing was on auto pilot, which we learned was working.

Loved the ending. Loved the interactions with Catwoman. Loved the way Gordon found out who Batman was.

Dont know how Bruce managed to get from the prison to the city. Dont know how the police didnt track the Bat.

Didnt like how obvious nYC was. You can clearly see the new world trade center & empire state building in sooo many shots for christs sake!

But awesome movie. Well written, well acted.

After reading a few false endings I was fully ready to hate this movie but man did it ever pound home a great series.

I can deal with some small holes in the movie but the story, characters and pace were all top notch. I could have sat for another 2:45 if the theater would have let me.

I'll go more in depth later in the week but a great final movie for Nolan.

i think he's less concerned about how other people take him, and more concerned about giving his honest opinion.

Fair enough as long as he isn't expecting me to take any note of it lol. Its the people who love Nolans take I am curious about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"