FF 2 Rate and Review Thread

On the Board controversy, in the movie and the comics the board is in effect part of the surfer, it is a physical embodiment of a portion of his power. This is canon.

In the movies they just extended this premise a hundred fold to seriously depower him when he is severed from that reservoir of power that is represented in the board.

This is as valid a plot device as any other that the film makers could have come up with. It serviced the battles with the Surfer and Doom well.

As for Galactus, he was not the cloud. We know that, it is just that I think it is a mistake making a movie and thinking, I have to make serious changes to this character so that I leave something for some other Director of a movie that may never get made.

If you are gonna do a thing do it with all your might. Tomorrow is promised to no one.

On the Board controversy, in the movie and the comics the board is in effect part of the surfer, it is a physical embodiment of a portion of his power. This is canon.

In the movies they just extended this premise a hundred fold to seriously depower him when he is severed from that reservoir of power that is represented in the board.

This is as valid a plot device as any other that the film makers could have come up with. It serviced the battles with the Surfer and Doom well.

As for Galactus, he was not the cloud. We know that, it is just that I think it is a mistake making a movie and thinking, I have to make serious changes to this character so that I leave something for some other Director of a movie that may never get made.

If you are gonna do a thing do it with all your might. Tomorrow is promised to no one.

HG, as soon as I saw the title, I began talking about how this was simply a promotional movie trailer for the SS movie. I got a few in agreement, I got a few that said shut up....lol......and I got a few that said I was reading more into a title, and a poster than was actually there. I think I was actually right, and even though I was very happy with how the characterization of the 4 was handled, and it wasn't an SS movie persay.....it was a trailer for a movie that they are going to make, and that they were planning for long before the sequel was even thought about.....I wish I could find the interview but it is an interview where Tim Story says......my favorite of the comics was SS, that is the movie I've always wanted to do......when the FF movie came available, I couldn't pass it up. He wanted a SS movie.....he got it. Maybe only the trailer for it, but he got a damn good trailer.

^^ It seems that you were actually right, If I had a chance to do the story of the coming of Galactus I would not do the coming of the Silver Surfer unless it was a prelude to the coming of Galactus.

It seems that Story loved the Silver Surfer but really did not care all that much for Galactus. In his own words, he decided to leave that to someone else. To most of us the story of the SS' appearance is all about Galactus.

Now we know where the disconnect in this film originated.

In that respect we can now understand why the backlash on Galactus may have caught Tim off guard.

He may have allowed his personal taste to blind him to the fact that not everyone is enamored of the SS as much as some at Fox are.

Seems you called it early on Albafan, I seem to recall you or someone else making that point a long time ago.

[Edit] you know for a while we all thought they were doing a two parter with Galactus showing up in the third movie, that would have been the logical thing to do. Unfortunately because of the Silver Surfer movie everything was affected in what we got for FF2, it is all really clear now what happened and why this movie seems unfinished, cause for some the story we got is inferior to the one in the comic book[/Edit]

It seems that you were actually right, If I had a chance to do the story of the coming of Galactus I would not do the coming of the Silver Surfer unless it was a prelude to the coming of Galactus.

It seems that Story loved the Silver Surfer but really did not care all that much for Galactus. In his own words, he decided to leave that to someone else. To most of us the story of the SS' appearance is all about Galactus.

Now we know where the disconnect in this film originated.

In that respect we can now understand why the backlash on Galactus may have caught Tim off guard.

He may have allowed his personal taste to blind him to the fact that not everyone is enamored of the SS as much as some at Fox are.

Seems you called it early on Albafan, I seem to recall you or someone else making that point a long time ago.

[Edit] you know for a while we all thought they were doing a two parter with Galactus showing up in the third movie, that would have been the logical thing to do. Unfortunately because of the Silver Surfer movie everything was affected in what we got for FF2, it is all really clear now what happened now and why this movie seems unfinished[/Edit]

That was me, loud and clear, so loud that someone I will not mention, sent me a message saying........"it IS A FANTASTIC FOUR MOVIE"....lol

You dissagree that his connection to Galactus was lost in the forest, that using his power to bring Sue back to life tarnished him even WHILE standing on the board, and that teleporting Galactus took immense power? :huh: I'm sorry but those are pretty much facts and are in the movie.

Sorry no, i mis-posted. I was simply saying that i dont think those scene's would have been effected much by making Galactus the sole source of his power.

My point about him having power on his own was that it is possible for him to operate independently of the board as long as he still has that connection. Yes he was stopped by Doom but his connection was severed. Not enough power. Reed's device did not pull him off of the board. When he lost his connection he was still standing on it and slid right through it. My guess is that this is what would happen to anyone who tried to stand on the board but had no connection to it. This is why Doom needed to turn on the device on his arm before getting onto the board and having it actually merge with him. If he didn't press that button, nothing would have happened.

But when floating in space at the end, he wasnt on his board and was completely tarnished as well, indicating he had little to no power, and indicating that when he is not on the board he is extremely vulnerable.

Exactly, a sequel was never a sure thing, even now it isnt, so why hold back?

But when floating in space at the end, he wasnt on his board and was completely tarnished as well, indicating he had little to no power, and indicating that when he is not on the board he is extremely vulnerable.

I just figured, like with Sue, he overused his power. If not then it's not like it can't be easily explained that way anyway. :p He calls his board back and recharges. No biggie. That's how I see the board. His charger. His connection to Galactus.

Well on the director commentary you don't really see Galactus and maybe that cloud is part of his technology and if there is a 3rd he will be back and he will be outside his cloud.
The movie was a bit too short but i wanted more so i liked it. I have seen far worser films then this.

^^Yeah, having a longer runtime would have helped.

Well on the director commentary you don't really see Galactus and maybe that cloud is part of his technology and if there is a 3rd he will be back and he will be outside his cloud.
The movie was a bit too short but i wanted more so i liked it. I have seen far worser films then this.

He's actually being saved for a Silver Surfer movie so I wouldn't bet on a return to earth.

I just figured, like with Sue, he overused his power. If not then it's not like it can't be easily explained that way anyway. :p He calls his board back and recharges. No biggie. That's how I see the board. His charger. His connection to Galactus.

I hope they come up with something were he can absorb power from his board when he steps off it so he is not weakened when he does.

He's actually being saved for a Silver Surfer movie so I wouldn't bet on a return to earth.

I dont see why in the SS movie Galactus couldnt return to Earth and SS try's to stop him alone.

Well, because that's been done already. What's the point in repeating the plot but with a different herald? Have Thanos or Annihilus try to steal Galactus's power or something. That's more interesting.

Well, because that's been done already. What's the point in repeating the plot but with a different herald? Have Thanos or Annihilus try to steal Galactus's power or something. That's more interesting.

Yeah, your right it is, i wouldnt mind seeing Terrax though, Galactus will need another herald.

Oh yeah. Terrax vs. Silver Surfer would be awesome. They'd probably go with Frankie Ray's Nova though (just to connect it to Fantastic Four).

Oh yeah. Terrax vs. Silver Surfer would be awesome. They'd probably go with Frankie Ray's Nova though (just to connect it to Fantastic Four).

Possibly, but it seems they would want to keep Frankie for a 3rd FF movie by the looks of things.

i just saw FF: ROTSS and i must that it was horrible.

once again they strayed far from the comic book and came up with a ridiculous story.

a list of things that were really bad:

the acting
the board being the source of the surfer's powers
dr. doom's character and mask
showing glactus only as a cloud
the so-called death of galactus
doom's ability to instantly know how to use the cosmic power

when the surfer's powers were taken away he should have turned back into norrin radd, right?

i was really hoping this would be somewhat decent.

on a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being the worst. i give it a 2

once again they strayed far from the comic book and came up with a ridiculous story.

the acting

when the surfer's powers were taken away he should have turned back into norrin radd, right?

My sentiments exactly.

the acting

Bravo! :woot:

Ya know, if you think about that for just a second......

You are saying Bravo to a fella that went into a movie hoping to enjoy it, but didn't......that sucks.

Yeah, that sucks, but the fella is quite spot on when it comes to the movie.

The "Bravo" wasn't for his really unhappy experience (which was mine, as well), but for the quality of his observations. :woot:

Yeah, that sucks, but the fella is quite spot on when it comes to the movie.

The "Bravo" wasn't for his really unhappy experience (which was mine, as well), but for the quality of his observations. :woot:

Oh, so it should read....

Bravo, because your opinion is exactly like mine......................

oh, ok. gotcha:whatever:

Then I'll start a thread called:

FANTASTIC FOUR: Rise of the Silver Surfer OFFICIAL Hate and Review thread.

:woot: :woot:

(In fact, I couldn't: I'm against all forms of hate) :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"