FF 2 Rate and Review Thread

I still give it a 6/10, but like the majority of Fox movies these days, it just could have been SO much more. The only times my interest pique's when i am watching this movie is when the SS is on the screen, and he is hardly in it!

Something just went wrong here, and i have got to say, Chris Evans saying it doesnt look like a 3rd one is being made DOESNT surprise me at all.
I'd be happy.

Ok,well. I will be frank,the first time I saw Fantastic Four:Rise of the Silver Surfer I ended up being pretty dissapointed with it. But now,after careful thinking after going through this thread,I give it an 8/10. The last time and only time I saw FF:ROTSS was the first day it came out in theaters.

My only complaints are the following:
-There was not enough screen time for Dr. Doom (in armor form)
-Galactus wasn't in human like/suit form
-The movie was short
-Galactus was defeated too quick
-Dr.Doom didn't use the board enough to his advantage once he got it off of Silver Surfer

I wasn't bothered by the acting,the dialog was alright. I'm a fan of the FF,but more of a fan of Dr.Doom,Galactus,and the Silver Surfer. I thought the scale of the movie was pretty epic,the special effects seemed pretty good from what I remember. As for the comedy,it wasn't bad based on my memory. The Fantastic Four as characters remained good. Anyways,I am looking forward to Silver Surfer getting his own movie at this point.

The Silver Surfer as a character was pretty good. In defense of this movie,I am going to say that the characters in this movie don't quite live in the same world as we do right now,so I believe the poor science portion of the movie can be forgiven IMO. If they were living in a world based exactly off of ours then that would be a different story,and also,it's a comic book movie that is part fantasy/action/comedy and scifi. The cinematography and music in the movie is exceptional. So,all in all there were more acceptable stuff about the movie than there were bad stuff about the movie,oh and it is much better than Spiderman 3. But then again,I honestly don't like any of the Spiderman movies,to me the movie was one of the good Marvel comic book movie adaptions.

As for cliched personality traits in the movie,so what? The ones who criticize that stuff hang out with people who have them in the world we live in and like movies with people that have cliched personality traits in them. So yeah,IMO it is hard to take the ones who have a problem with cliched personalities in a movie seriously. It's not like new personality traits are being made in the world we live in from my perspective. As long as the certain characters in FF:ROTSS have likable personalities that we like which fits SS,Dr.Doom,etc then that is all that matters. I don't have a problem with new personality traits or ones that aren't used much in a movie based off of a comic book,but still.

The storyline wasn't bad to me because it was simplistic and because it didn't sound dumb or confusing. I had an easy time following it.

I hope my review was a fair one and a nice read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"