The Official Spider-Man 3 Movie Novelization Thread

My gut instinct tells me Raimi will never use Carnage. I would've preferred Brock be left alive & the piece of the symbiote that Connors has remains. Then fans could at least be happy that the possibility of Venom returning and/or Carnage still exists.

My gut instinct tells me Raimi will never use Carnage. I would've preferred Brock be left alive & the piece of the symbiote that Connors has remains. Then fans could at least be happy that the possibility of Venom returning and/or Carnage still exists.

If no Venom...people can still believe or think that the strand of the symbiote could create Carnage...or after Mac Gargan becomes and stops being Scorpion, he then becomes Venom...Raimi probably makes all those plots to show fans of the many, many possibilities...such like Doc Ock, if he died or didn't...if he doesn't make it into a sequel, people can still think about what if he came back.

I can't see Venom ever returning to tell you the truth. Sure, there's the leftover piece of the Symbiote, but
Brock is dead. There's no way he's coming back. And Venom without Brock IMO is just pointless
. The whole point of Venom is a villain who's sole purpose is to avenge himself on Spiderman. Sure the symbiote hates Spidey too,
but without Brock, it's not the same.
As for Carnage, well I can't see Raimi using him. In fact, after reading the treatment that Venom is getting, I'm not sure I'd WANT to see Carnage. Venom is my favourite Spiderman villain of all time, but even I recognize that they couldn't do a whole movie around him. Carnage would be no different. In fact, it'd be harder to do a Carnage movie with no Venom.

i cant see raimi using carnage in a movie especially if he didnt even like the idea of venom originally.

I agree with Bean & Crashburn entirely. It'd be nice to see Venom in a future sequel or spinoff, but not without Brock. I don't care who else in the comics got the symbiote, Brock is by far the only one who's worth it, IMO.

In the last final trailer, Spider-Man (unmasked) falls down in the construction battle and throws away some black goo from his chest. This didn't happen in the novel. Does someone have an idea about that sequence from the new trailer?

Hi all. I have just finished reading the book and I loved it. I hope the movie is as good as the book. PS Its available to all in the Uk at waterstones.

Brock ends up looking like a T-Bone steak. Love it! :heart:...:)...:heart:

In the last final trailer, Spider-Man (unmasked) falls down in the construction battle and throws away some black goo from his chest. This didn't happen in the novel. Does someone have an idea about that sequence from the new trailer?

i was thinking thats was maby venoms web that he ripped off.:huh:

i didnt even notice that! i'm going to have to go back and check it out.

I can't see Venom ever returning to tell you the truth. Sure, there's the leftover piece of the Symbiote, but
Brock is dead. There's no way he's coming back. And Venom without Brock IMO is just pointless
. The whole point of Venom is a villain who's sole purpose is to avenge himself on Spiderman. Sure the symbiote hates Spidey too,
but without Brock, it's not the same.
As for Carnage, well I can't see Raimi using him. In fact, after reading the treatment that Venom is getting, I'm not sure I'd WANT to see Carnage. Venom is my favourite Spiderman villain of all time, but even I recognize that they couldn't do a whole movie around him. Carnage would be no different. In fact, it'd be harder to do a Carnage movie with no Venom.
which is why it make's sense if Venom doesn't return. as much as I want Venom to return, all that was left of Eddie Brock was bone's. nothing but that, The Symbiote probably just took Brock's essence and used it for it to make a humonoid form rather than just it being the Symbiote without any host. as for Carnage, I would defenitley reccomend that Sam doesn't use him for the fact that alot of us fan's hate him and he's a useless character. not to mention that Carnage would be not an entertaining not only to us fan's but to children as well because of his violent action's.

The book is always better then the movie. Except with the Passion, that movie rocked! I can't wait for the sequel.

Venom served his purpose. It will be pointless to overuse him.

I loved the novelization! Loved it! If the movie is 1/2 as good as the Novel this will be one of the greatest superhero movies of all times. It will no doubt be the best 3rd installment of a superhero franchise.

What's great is, ultimately the story is about Peter, Harry and Mary Jane. Everything else is icing on the cake.

I love how Peter's obsession with Marko, mirrors Harry's obsession with Spider-man. The symbiote, is to Peter what the Goblin formula is to Harry.

Rami really did this one right, he didn't just throw in alot of villians for a battle royal. He carefully selected villians that would match his overall story arch. That's why this movie will be 100 times better than X3. This was all carefully planned out.

And as several people have said, the whole thing with Flint being the killer of Uncle Ben has been totally misunderstood. Yeah it's a deviation from the source material, but they weaved it in perfectly with the first movie.

I cannot wait to see this movie!

BTW, the best part in the novelization for me is Peter going into the Osbourne mansion, where you see the scene from the trailer where Peter catches a pumpkin bomb Harry has thrown at him and he hurls it back at Harry.

You will not believe what Peter says to Harry. Let me just say the scene read 10 times more intense than Anakin facing Obi-Wan at the end of Revenge of the Sith.

I just finished the novel. I'm not really happy about what happens between the symbiote and Brock. They leave it open enough for the symbiote to return (Connors still has the piece that Parker gave him, the book never mentioned if he destroyed it or not) - but I'm not happy at all about how Brock ends up. I sincerely hope the movie does this differently.

i hope to God too. i mean Brock does not die that easy in the comics or at least that fast. Raimi don't pull a Ratner.

My favorite part of the book was easily the Peter/Mary Jane/Harry part of the book , the Venom/Eddie part follows the comics pretty darn close which I've pretty much have read a hundered times before , pretty much the same with the Sandman stuff , thats not saying I'm not really looking forward to see them in the movie , but as far as just the book goes Peter/Mary Jane/Harry part was buy far the most intersting and I think very well done , there should be alot to look forward too in this movie , plus Gwen Stacey

^ ONE question, sense you've seemed to have read the book!.... I can't quite understand! What's happening with the CRANE in the movie?? the part where Spidey saves Gwen!??? Just what exactly is involved in that action piece?? Is it just some crane-worker doing something crazy, or is any of the villains involved?

^ ONE question, sense you've seemed to have read the book!.... I can't quite understand! What's happening with the CRANE in the movie?? the part where Spidey saves Gwen!??? Just what exactly is involved in that action piece?? Is it just some crane-worker doing something crazy, or is any of the villains involved?

nothing sinister with the crane , just a electrical problem and it gets out of control

Can someone tell me or better yet describe to me what happens i nthe sandman vs black spidey sewer fight? and not in terms of the outcome but the action itself. Is there a lot of them kicking and punching each other? what's the action description of it?

Raimi don't pull a Ratner.

Well with the running time that won't happen :)

I assume you mean "please don't introduce a character and kill them off within 10 minutes" scenario? Well that actually isn't a problem, it is the context that matters. In X3 a load of mutans died for well...nothing. It didn't further anyone's ark (I am talking about the mutants that were introduced in X3). Venom on the other hand does need to die. His purpose is to show Peter what happens when "you live with revenge in your heart" - to paraphrase Aunt May. Now Eddie dying still bothers me but I can understand Venom being killed - I also think Venom is there to show Peter - 'you can't be a moron and attack and hurt those you love and get away with it...now I am going to batter you'. :D

i sort of agree^^ hey shigsy,where do you go to school?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"