The Official Spider-Man 3 Movie Novelization Thread

Can someone tell me or better yet describe to me what happens i nthe sandman vs black spidey sewer fight? and not in terms of the outcome but the action itself. Is there a lot of them kicking and punching each other? what's the action description of it?

The Short Answer : black spidey basically just kicks the living crap out of him

i read a little bit of the first act and then i stopped, because i dont want it spoiled. Sounds a BIT corny though... maybe its just the novel and wont be the movie IDK.

Hey, I just realised something. Sorry if it's already been answered, but why does Peter have the symbiote mask on when ripping his costume off at the church? From what I've heard from the novelization, he realises what the Black Suit is doing to him while at the club with Gwen and that he can't get it off, in which he just has the costume under his clothes - no mask.

Will they just randomly give him the mask for the next scene, or does the symbiote mold one back onto him? I don't see the logic in putting it back on when wanting to get rid of it, even if he wants to protect his identity while swinging(He did just fine swinging over NY in his normal attire when being chased by Harry without being noticed).

Hey, I just realised something. Sorry if it's already been answered, but why does Peter have the symbiote mask on when ripping his costume off at the church? From what I've heard from the novelization, he realises what the Black Suit is doing to him while at the club with Gwen and that he can't get it off, in which he just has the costume under his clothes - no mask.

Will they just randomly give him the mask for the next scene, or does the symbiote mold one back onto him? I don't see the logic in putting it back on when wanting to get rid of it, even if he wants to protect his identity while swinging(He did just fine swinging over NY in his normal attire when being chased by Harry without being noticed).

I first thought that the Symbiote mask would form on and off his face, but no such luck. I saw a pic where he had the black costume in a case and a black mask :(

I understand your question but unfortuantly cannot answer it :)

My guess is that after he leaves the Jazz club he drops his clothes and puts on the mask , probably more out of habit then anything , the question I have is , does he head straight for the church or are there some missing parts on the way

spiderman.jpg

Anyone wanna try and guess what the very last scene of the movie is gonna be , you know that last two or three seconds of the film or that little added footage they sometime stick in at the end of the credits , I think their gonna show a real quick clip of the little bit of alien goo still in Dr Conner office and then everything fades to black , sorta speaking......lol

^ There wont be a "cliff-hanger" in this one!... They will leave it OPEN-ENDED, but there wont be any MAJOR thing hinting at what will happen in SM-4... number 3 is the last one in a long time!... I have no doubt that SM-4 will indeed happen, but there could go 4-5 years by before we see it.

Two things confused me... forgive me if they've already been answered.

1) Does Dr. Connors know that Peter Parker is Spider-Man... if so, is he told by Peter or does he find out some other way?

2) How does Peter know the bell will stop the symbiote... is the sound thing built up elsewhere in the novel?

From what I've seen, Harry's story should be the best part of the movie, if the book and the movie are the same.

If Raimi really did go back and change the ending to the movie, then hopefully Brock lives. If not, no big deal. Move on with the lizard story, and let the symbiote die.

Two things confused me... forgive me if they've already been answered.

1) Does Dr. Connors know that Peter Parker is Spider-Man... if so, is he told by Peter or does he find out some other way?

2) How does Peter know the bell will stop the symbiote... is the sound thing built up elsewhere in the novel?

1.) No, Peter just gives him a sample of the symbiote. Most likely Conners just assume that he found it.

2.) Peter goes to the church to griev and be alone. When the bell goes of, he realizes its the symbiote's weakness.

1.) No, Peter just gives him a sample of the symbiote. Most likely Conners just assume that he found it.
Oh, well the novel summary says that Connors makes some assumptions about Spider-Man and Gwen Stacy's kiss at the celebration. Don't really understand why he would tell that just to Peter Parker. I know Gwen is a fellow classmate, but that's just an odd thing to bring up, unless he links Spider-Man and Peter together. And plus, a weird black suit is on spider-man, and parker brings in a weird black goo... Connors figures out what the symbiote can do... it just seems like even if he didn't know about parker, he would find out.

2.) Peter goes to the church to griev and be alone. When the bell goes of, he realizes its the symbiote's weakness.
Oh, so its not encountered elsewhere... just a lucky coincidence... thats a little lame, but i'll live.

My guess is that after he leaves the Jazz club he drops his clothes and puts on the mask , probably more out of habit then anything , the question I have is , does he head straight for the church or are there some missing parts on the way

spiderman.jpg
he head's straight for the church. hence why he take's his jazz clothes with him. befor I read the Novilezation, I was thinking he would see the "monster peter" in the mirror and then rips his shirt open to go to the church but I thought wrong and honestly I believe that it turned out great the way it does. I mean
pushing MJ
is a very shocking and startling thing for Peter to do which make sense because that scene right there show's the Symbiote progression in taking him over.

I have a quick question... in the comics did the symbiote suit change Peter's personality? Or was that just in the cartoon?

Anyone wanna try and guess what the very last scene of the movie is gonna be , you know that last two or three seconds of the film or that little added footage they sometime stick in at the end of the credits , I think their gonna show a real quick clip of the little bit of alien goo still in Dr Conner office and then everything fades to black , sorta speaking......lol

You bring up a good point, does the book ever say what Connors does with that little bit peter gives him? Because even if brock and the symbiote get destroyed at the end, there is still symbiote left. That could be the loophole of the return of Venom past the death that everyone is hoping for, especially if all parts of the symbiote are connected in a way that allows it to be seperated but all share the same experience.......if that makes any sense.

No it was in the comics as well. It made him more agressive and arrogant

I don't think he realizes it's sound that hurts the symbiote until the final battle. In the church tower, he thinks that he wins a "battle of wills".

anyway's, the novilezation has gotten me really pumped for this film. 20 more dau's guy's!!!:yay:.

Let's not forget, somethings from the novel may be different on film. Not much, but not all will be exactly the same.

Here is a video I found on youtube that, in my opinion, is VERY well done and sums up the movie perfectly and is a great visual aid to the summary I provided:

LINK

A lot of hard work obviously went into this and it paid off. This movie is going to be amazing!!! :wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"