The Amazing Spider-Man The Official Spider-Man Fan Art & Manips Thread! 3.0 Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
no ones denying you're talented, redguard
i just think that isnt nearly scary enough...this is treading the lines of being too lifelike of a lizard and scary...this is the lightest they could go for the movie
440px-ultimatelizard442.jpg

Well I wasn't really trying to convince you all I'm talented, I was trying to convey the idea of using actual lizards as a reference and grounding it a little in reality and not designing it just so that it would be scary. Also he can be too scary, especially if they are trying to make Connors sympathetic and incorporate his family into the story. I'm not a fan of the character because he scares me, I'm a fan because of his duality.

About the picture you posted, the ultimate Lizard's base design is okay, the thing that I don't like about it is all of the fins and spikes, it just looks like they are trying too hard. Like the Spider-Man Unlimited costume.

Guys, leave RedGuard alone. This is the FAN ART thread, and you're all acting like the pieces submitted here will influence the designs of the movie. We should all be free to show pieces that are our interpretation, be it a serious attempt, or a more fun and humorous one; without our pieces being ripped to shreds.

Red, I liked your image. Admittedly when making my image, i was a little afraid of using more "logical" references, but I applaud you for using them.

Thanks du
de. I'm actually working on a spidey lizard fight right now.

Can you make the Lizards eyes yellow in that one? I don't know about others but to me it would make the Lizard a little more vicious. Could you try eyes like this:
440px-ultimatelizard442.jpg

Other than that, your Lizard is perfect

Hello all, I'm a newbie in this forum! Just want to share my artwork about the upcoming "The Amazing Spider-Man" movie.

Ever since Andrew Garfield was announced to be the next Spidey I am pretty excited since he's a good actor, but I'm a bit disappointed that Mary Jane won't appear yet in the reboot. I really hope Mary Jane Watson will be in the next "The Amazing Spider-Man" installment and I think Evan Rachel Wood will be a great MJ to Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker. 100% support her!!

14j4xna.png

I don't know how to make the portrait to look like a drawing ~ still an amateur, LOL. :woot:

2dux9w8.png

I'm now working on another manip with the Spidey suit on ~ hope that I can share it here again soon!

Kaya Scodelario would be an amazing MJ in a sequel

Hello all, I'm a newbie in this forum! Just want to share my artwork about the upcoming "The Amazing Spider-Man" movie.

I'm now working on another manip with the Spidey suit on ~ hope that I can share it here again soon!

These look great, thanks for sharing and can't wait to see more.

Keep On Thwipin'!!!
Sam

These look great, thanks for sharing and can't wait to see more.

Keep On Thwipin'!!!
Sam

Thanks a lot, Sam!! I just made this one ~ but I think it's a bit sucky because I couldn't make a good Spidey logo :doh: and I just can't picture Spider-Man without Mary Jane so she had to be in it :woot:

0411theamazingspiderman.png

Ever since Andrew Garfield was announced to be the next Spidey I am pretty excited since he's a good actor, but I'm a bit disappointed that Mary Jane won't appear yet in the reboot. I really hope Mary Jane Watson will be in the next "The Amazing Spider-Man" installment and I think Evan Rachel Wood will be a great MJ to Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker. 100% support her!!

14j4xna.png

I don't know how to make the portrait to look like a drawing ~ still an amateur, LOL. :woot:

2dux9w8.png

I love these both! Good job! A very Peter Parker vibe from Garfield there and Evan Rachel Wood as Mary Jane yo me gusta mucho!

Guys, leave RedGuard alone. This is the FAN ART thread, and you're all acting like the pieces submitted here will influence the designs of the movie. We should all be free to show pieces that are our interpretation, be it a serious attempt, or a more fun and humorous one; without our pieces being ripped to shreds.

Red, I liked your image. Admittedly when making my image, i was a little afraid of using more "logical" references, but I applaud you for using them.

Well said! :up:

AW, DAMN! I was going to post a WIP of my Spidey vs Lizard image, but photobucket is down for maintenance.

kickass_poster.jpg

Made this based in the Kick Ass poster.
My dislike for this isn't really based on your talent, tbh. I just hate the idea of Spider-Man being like kickass and things like that. It makes me cringe, tbh.

Last edited:
I'm in complete agreement.

The poster looks more like it'd be promoting a live action drama based on Elmo (played by Garfield) living on the "real" Seasme Street. Where it isn't so sunny or friendly.

Big Bird turns into a dinosaur called the Lizard.

I didn't want to compare Kick-Ass with Spiderman, the poster looked good and I used it as reference...

I don't get why they made the assumption that you wanted Spider-Man and Kick-Ass compared. I mean, it's just a manip for God's sake. It didn't say "Spidey-Ass" or anything like that. You did a good job on that one :up:

that's awesome TuaX!!

I guess it's supposed to be an early stage Lizard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"