The Last Jedi The OFFICIAL Star Wars: Episode VIII "Super Bowl TV Spot" Thread

JOE

Reaction score
February 5th could be a MASSIVE day for Star Wars fans. I suspect Disney is going to spend some money to build hype for this movie, and what a better way to do so.

What do you guys think? Maximum exposure, especially with Canadians having access to American commercials this year. There's another 7-8M viewers from last years numbers.

They could have a 30 second spot, then release the full trailer online afterwards.

I truly doubt it. It would be nice but I think they will save the first for Celebration.

I'm going to hope against hope. Because I am a sucker.

There are plenty of Disney movies for them to have a spot for. Beauty and the Beast, GotG V.2, Spider-Man Homecoming, Cars 3, and PotC. All are much closer to released. I'd expect them to spend their money there.

Episode 8 is the biggest Disney movie of the year regardless of when it comes out. They will have a spot for it during the Superbowl.

All those other Disney films - besides Thor Ragnarok - already have trailers.

It's a lock.

They won't have a spot. I'd love if they would, but they won't. Our first real look at VIII will be in April with Celebration.

They'll most likely follow the same marketing schedule as TFA. Did that have a SB spot? (I don't remember...)

No. It did not. It had the December Trailer in 2014, the second trailer in April at Celebration, and the one on October 19th. Then various international and alternates after that. I don't think there has ever been any SW film with a Super Bowl spot.

They seem to be following Rogue One's style now. To allow the previous film to get it's spotlight. So I am betting (Kathy even said this) spring, so Celebration in April, one in August or sometime in summer (like Rogue One) then the final one in October.

Damn it, I saw this thread title and thought it had been officially announced. :cmad:

Damn it, I saw this thread title and thought it had been officially announced. :cmad:

Sorry if it was misleading, I just figured it would be a good place to funnel the Super Bowl conversation rather than the GD forum.

Interesting though, some people say it's a lock and some others say there's no way. I think with all the money Ep VII made they'll throw something at the fans.

Star Wars is the new king of the domestic box office. What's the biggest domestic airtime? The Super Bowl. It's a no brainer in my opinion.

Sorry if it was misleading, I just figured it would be a good place to funnel the Super Bowl conversation rather than the GD forum.

Interesting though, some people say it's a lock and some others say there's no way. I think with all the money Ep VII made they'll throw something at the fans.

Star Wars is the new king of the domestic box office. What's the biggest domestic airtime? The Super Bowl. It's a no brainer in my opinion.

That's okay, I'll just have a little cry about it. :funny:

I could see Disney dropping a teaser trailer for the Superbowl, similar to the Force Awakens teaser released Thanksgiving 2014, and we'll get our first full length trailer in April for Star Wars Celebration

It won't happen.

This trailer will be it's own event.

No need to share the limelight with another event.

I vote, with 100% confidence, that there will be no spot during the Super Bowl.

I really don't think the Superbowl is a good spot to first unveil it.

I think it's possible. Wasn't the Force Awakens' teaser two weeks after the title announcement?

I'm from New England and I'm not even interested in the Super Bowl. But maybe I'll dvr it now to see a 5 second tease. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"