Civil War Panthers vs. Broncos... Who cares!? The Official Civil War Super Bowl Spot Thread

That's exactly why he gets paid the big bucks! :hmr:

tumblr_o27q5257gf1qd4w1no8_250.gif

The money shot. Seriously glorious this.

The nit-pickiest nitpick I have of it is that the slide recoil would have caused some hurt.

Not much more to show? They've shown a little more than 2 minutes of footage from a 2 hour plus movie.

I think they're doing a deliberate 180 from AOU advertising where they showed so much that people weren't rightfully wowed when seeing the film for the first time. They never should have released so much footage from the Hulk v Hulkbuster scene. The most it should have been was teased for a couple of seconds.

Hopefully, you're right, but we're still three months out. It's too early to tell. Just wait until a month before the movie. I'm thinking of doing a Marvel blackout sometime between now and then. Along with the Hulkbuster fight, Vision rescuing Scarlet Witch was also spoiled in like tv spot #40. Now, that's a ridiculous amount of tv spots.

That's exactly why he gets paid the big bucks! :hmr:

tumblr_o27q5257gf1qd4w1no8_250.gif

He's worth every penny. RDJ in about 5 seconds over the trailer and SB has acted his butt off.

I loved this spot but one complaint - not enough Steve and too much Bucky (I think we see him posing like 3 times)

So, no one's got any idea what that flash screen was?
I'm thinking we might be missing some viral marketing stuff here.

I think we saw almost everything what is in the movie. Just have to find out, which scene is the end of the movie.
So i did not expact more...

If the movie is 30 seconds i will be very disappointed.

The money shot. Seriously glorious this.

The nit-pickiest nitpick I have of it is that the slide recoil would have caused some hurt.

Yeah his hand probably would've hit his face, but who cares ;)

Pretty much what I expected, nothing juicy from the new footage and certainly no Spidey. But least they gave us that cool shot with the teams lined up against each other for a gif :woot:

tumblr_o27msm2Ykq1tlgqkgo4_500.gif

Pretty much what I expected, nothing juicy from the new footage and certainly no Spidey. But least they gave us that cool shot with the teams lined up against each other for a gif :woot:

Really?

Whilst I didn't expect Spider-man I thought if they didn't they would at least show some money shot.

The two teams lined up is very good, but expected. They weren't even charging each other.

For me whilst obviously I enjoyed the spot, nothing about it screamed 'awesome super bowl spot', I can't see anyone not already interested in the film becoming interested from it.

Really?

Whilst I didn't expect Spider-man I thought if they didn't they would at least show some money shot.

The two teams lined up is very good, but expected. They weren't even charging each other.

For me whilst obviously I enjoyed the spot, nothing about it screamed 'awesome super bowl spot', I can't see anyone not already interested in the film becoming interested from it.

It's just too early to drop something major, and Disney marketing for Marvel tends not to get spoilery until 4-6 weeks before release. This is also the first national TV spot for CW, there's probably a ton of people who haven't seen the first trailer yet and this would be their first exposure. It's disappointing for the fans, but not surprising (at least to me).

Really?

Solid TV Spot but I agree with your assessment.

It's just too early to drop something major, and Disney marketing for Marvel tends not to get spoilery until 4-6 weeks before release. This is also the first national TV spot for CW, there's probably a ton of people who haven't seen the first trailer yet and this would be their first exposure. It's disappointing for the fans, but not surprising (at least to me).

But it was the super bowl spot. Isn't that when we first saw the Hulk for Avengers?

Anyway I am not that disappointed in fact I will be happy if this keeps up, AoU over marketing was ridiculous and there was no moment in the film where I was like 'wow I can't believe this is happening' because we'd seen everything. I didn't even watch most the tv spots .

So if they can keep some stuff back, that would be awesome. But yeah as you say the month before they tend to dump so many spots and clips.

I do think though Spidey was probably CGI'd out of that team shot. Like the Twins and Vision were in the early shots of the time in AoU, hopefully this team they keep him out.

Last edited:

Really wish Hulk and Thor were on opposing sides in this shot. Then it would feel like a real Civil War.

Yeah, that'd be awesome. Luckily we'll see them again in Ragnarok.

Anybody win the Coke cans? I did. Apparently you only need to find one of the clues to have a chance to win.

I'm really digging Ant Man's look.

From that scene we see it's 6 vs. 5. I think Spidey will be added to Iron-Man's team, or he was taken out for the trailer.

Iron-Man vs. Cap
Black Panther vs. Bucky
Black Widow vs. Hawkeye
Vision vs. Scarlet Witch
War Machine vs. Falcon
??? vs. Ant-Man

Seems weird to have one fight out of the 5 uneven.

I don't think we're getting a teenager scrapping with these guys.

I don't think we're getting a teenager scrapping with these guys.

He's Spider-man not some random teenager, a young inexperienced Spidey could still face Hawkeye and Falcon pretty easily, he would do well against Ant-man who doesn't have much combat training either, and would give WS and Cap good fights, possibly lose due to their training.

What are you referring to?

In the original version of the spot that was posted, where they show all the hash tags for each character, right after the TeamCap and TeamTony ones, there was a flash frame, and I haven't been able to make it out. Only watched it on my phone, and couldn't do frame by frame.

In the original version of the spot that was posted, where they show all the hash tags for each character, right after the TeamCap and TeamTony ones, there was a flash frame, and I haven't been able to make it out. Only watched it on my phone, and couldn't do frame by frame.

There's noting there, just a black transition from Team Cap & Team Tony to the full set of hashtags.

Anyone know what they were chanting in the trailer?

There's noting there, just a black transition from Team Cap & Team Tony to the full set of hashtags.

It wasn't between those screens, it was right towards the end of the full set of hashtags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"