Civil War Panthers vs. Broncos... Who cares!? The Official Civil War Super Bowl Spot Thread

JOE

Reaction score
Although not confirmed yet, we all know deep down in our hearts Disney/Marvel is going to splurge on a Super Bowl spot.

What do you guys think? Will there be a spot? How big of a slot will they purchase? Will Spider-Man or Zemo finally be shown? So many unanswered questions with only 9 days left!

Let the speculation begin!

Although not confirmed yet, we all know deep down in our hearts Disney/Marvel is going to splurge on a Super Bowl spot.

You mean like they did for Age of Ultron?

Aww damn. I got excited after reading the title. Then I read the OP and realized that even IT was speculation :(

Aww damn. I got excited after reading the title. Then I read the OP and realized that even IT was speculation :(
Sorry haha, that's why I put the fine print right up top. I can't see them not advertising during it.

I feel as if it's THE PERFECT time to show Spider-Man. When the entire world is watching... And by entire world, I mean North America. And by North America, I mean the USA. And by the USA, I mean North Carolina and Denver. :D

Guessing they'll buy a spot for CW, but doubt anything new will be shown. The only marketing footage thus far has been that first trailer and that's a relatively more narrow audience than national TV, so a lot of folks probably haven't seen anything for CW yet. Disney make throw in a snippet of new footage, but don't think it'll be anything worthwhile like a glimpse of Spidey.

I hope theres a new CW trailer during it. Thats all I care about anyway.

I could easily see Marvel doing a double tease, maybe the spot ends with Stark walking into a classroom and saying Peter Parker....

I feel like that's a perfect time for Marvel to announce to the General Audience that Spiderman is in the film, but without giving much away!

I really want Spider-Man but Black Panther will probably be the money shot if there is a tv spot.

Show Spider-Man in the Super Bowl spot and that's it. Keep him out of the rest of the trailers, the rest is worth waiting until the film for. The fans need something though, we need to at least know what he looks like. Even if it's a shot from behind of him jumping off a building. Imagine the enormous hype that would generate? It's the only ace they have left in their sleeve without potentially spoiling the movie. Nothing BvS shows in a spot (if they purchase one) could trump a Spidey appearance, nothing.

I would love a shot of Spidey leaping on to a building but only showing his back to the audience.

Don't we usually hear around now which studios have bought ad time for the game??
I feel like it's two weeks or so beforehand that they release that info, most years, right?

Don't we usually hear around now which studios have bought ad time for the game??
I feel like it's two weeks or so beforehand that they release that info, most years, right?

So far only Kung Fu Panda 3 has been confirmed for a spot

http://www.i4u.com/2016/01/103943/super-bowl-50-movie-trailer-stay-elusive

If Disney/Marvel is loathe to send $5m for 30 sec I can see them doing what they did for TWS and having a late pre-game spot (I think right before the anthem) which are usually 50%+ cheaper.

Show Spider-Man in the Super Bowl spot and that's it. Keep him out of the rest of the trailers, the rest is worth waiting until the film for. The fans need something though, we need to at least know what he looks like. Even if it's a shot from behind of him jumping off a building. Imagine the enormous hype that would generate? It's the only ace they have left in their sleeve without potentially spoiling the movie. Nothing BvS shows in a spot (if they purchase one) could trump a Spidey appearance, nothing.
How different could Spider-Man even look?

How different could Spider-Man even look?
picgifs-wut-confused-6907032.gif

So far only Kung Fu Panda 3 has been confirmed for a spot

http://www.i4u.com/2016/01/103943/super-bowl-50-movie-trailer-stay-elusive

If Disney/Marvel is loathe to send $5m for 30 sec I can see them doing what they did for TWS and having a late pre-game spot (I think right before the anthem) which are usually 50%+ cheaper.
Ugh, I'm tired of seeing Kung Fu Panda 3 everywhere.... It would've been out for a week already, why would they waste their time and money with a Super Bowl spot? It's not like it needs any publicity anyway...

Didn't the Russos just say there are issues with marketing Spider-Man?

Spiderman is not going to be a make-or-break for me. I will be pleased with any footage regardless, but it would be very cool to see him though

Didn't the Russos just say there are issues with marketing Spider-Man?

Yep, good reminder. I think it's not so simple that Disney, as a rival distributor against Sony, can show Spidey on its P&A materials. All I gotta say is, those studios gotta work that out well before A:IW marketing kicks off.

As said, RT is wrong. Age Of Ultron did not have a Superbowl ad. Instead they premiered their last trailer on ESPN during the College Football Championship (since Disney owns ESPN)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"