The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, question: I just finished reading AvX; so what's Cyclops status right now?? Last I saw him he was a prisoner of some sort to Cap, but I saw him free and with Magneto in some preview posted around here.

Also, in which point in time did he become such a.....Magneto?? He's such a sociopathic dukee in AvX...and I used to really like Summers as a kid :csad:

I haven't read the comics in years, you'll have to excuse me.

Polux

I haven't read it myself, but Cyclops was imprisoned and later broke out in AvX: Consequences. He's now working with Magneto and Emma Frost at the old Weapon X facility in All New X-Men, which I also haven't read but I've seen previews.

Not sure exactly when Cyclops started acting like Magneto. I've been reading comments for awhile now that he's been a jerk the last few years, probably started when he moved all the mutants to that island off the coast of San Francisco.

Hey guys, question: I just finished reading AvX; so what's Cyclops status right now?? Last I saw him he was a prisoner of some sort to Cap, but I saw him free and with Magneto in some preview posted around here.

Also, in which point in time did he become such a.....Magneto?? He's such a sociopathic dukee in AvX...and I used to really like Summers as a kid :csad:

Polux
You can say Cyclops has been walking down this path ever since Scarlet Witch decimated the mutant population in House of M/M-Day. In Whedon's Astonishing X-Men he already started becoming more confident and less reliant on other people to define him, and by Messiah Complex and the birth of the first mutant since M-Day he began showing his whatever-it-takes attitude by reforming X-Force to hunt down his son, Cable, who was hiding the baby. Then he began to herd mutants to San Francisco, promising them safety in the city of tolerance while he continued to use X-Force to proactively take out threats to mutantkind.

Soon in Utopia the X-Men were forced to calm riots after the state proposed mutant birth control, and when Norman Osborn's Dark Avengers intervened Cyclops was forced to gather all the mutants who followed him and relocate them to the island of Utopia, essentially naming himself leader of the mutant race.

All the stress and responsibility continued to build as he continued to do anything and everything to ensure mutants would live on, including creating his "Extinction Team" (a team of X-Men including Magneto, Emma Frost, Namor, Colossus, and Magik) who were there to protect humanity but also to warn them of the power mutants carry should they be threatened. And that's when the Phoenix finally returned to Earth in AvX and Cyclops saw that as the answer to his prayers. That's where things really went south.

So after that event he was imprisoned for his crimes, only to be broken out by the remaining members of his Extinction Team soon after. Now he's continuing his mission of protecting mutants and is now at odds with the X-Men living at the Jean Grey School.

His story will be followed in the new Uncanny X-Men in February.

Polux

Basically he's been a dick except for a slight time during whedon's run. If you like him, the real him like I do, check that out and maybe All new X-Men for who he is currently in comparison to who he used to be.

Last edited:
I agree that he has been a jerk.....and seeing the new (old) cyclops really is awesome. What else could they have done with Scott? Although I might not like the changes, I think it will make for a good story.

Is the Falcon's backstory of being a drug dealer/pimp still canon? Do they ever really harken back to it anymore?

Basically he's been a dick except for a slight time during whedon's run. If you like him, the real him like I do, check that out and maybe All new X-Men for who he is currently in comparison to who he used to be.
He just needed a good holiday and some Prozac!

Thanx guys!!! It's so hard now to try to get into comics again, so much stuff has happened since I wasa kid and so many stories and crossovers and stuff... I used to love the x-men when I was a kid, but now I don't recognize anything of what I loved back then (I used to think Wolverine was awesome, now I can't stand him).

But thanx for the info!!

Polux

Thanx guys!!! It's so hard now to try to get into comics again, so much stuff has happened since I wasa kid and so many stories and crossovers and stuff... I used to love the x-men when I was a kid, but now I don't recognize anything of what I loved back then (I used to think Wolverine was awesome, now I can't stand him).

But thanx for the info!!

Polux
Yeah I know that feeling. Whenever I try to get back into modern X-Men books I always come away feeling like "I don't recognize these characters."

So... anything new going on with old Hercules?

Is Physlocke currently in her Japanese or British body? I can never really tell the difference :o

If regular mainstream Tony Stark has a mustache/goatee, does that mean an evil parallel universe version of Tony Stark be clean shaven? :cwink:

Did they ever explain how Mysterio wasn't dead after shooting himself in the head in that Daredevil story? I'm reading Spider-Man's The Gauntlet and they just give some cheap "I'm a master of illluuuuusioooonn!!!" answer.

If regular mainstream Tony Stark has a mustache/goatee, does that mean an evil parallel universe version of Tony Stark be clean shaven? :cwink:

Or his beard is even bigger and shaggier. 'Cause he's evil.

There are no Vietnamese ninjas.

There was in New Warriors !

A question about epic properties...does anyone know what the deal with Alien Legion is? I see Darkhorse somehow has the rights? How?

TO this day one of the best covers ever:

alien-legion-v2-5-solo-jugger-grimrod-2.jpg

A question about epic properties...does anyone know what the deal with Alien Legion is? I see Darkhorse somehow has the rights? How?

It's Robocop!

too bad the Jugger Grimrod first appeared years before..but yeah

Semi-stupid question: So what happened with the whole Star-Lord and Nova left for dead in the collapsing Cancerverse thing? Is Bendis completely ignoring recent continuity in the upcoming book? Was the Avengers Assemble mini in any way canonical? Li'l help?

Epic was a creator owned imprint. Marvel put some of their own properties there when they felt it was warranted (such as how certain DC titles where put under the Vertigo imprint), but most of it was creator-owned, so I assume the creator took it to Dark Horse.

Semi-stupid question: So what happened with the whole Star-Lord and Nova left for dead in the collapsing Cancerverse thing? Is Bendis completely ignoring recent continuity in the upcoming book? Was the Avengers Assemble mini in any way canonical? Li'l help?
Avengers Assemble is canon (and it's actually an ongoing, not a mini-series). I don't know whether Bendis explained anything or not since I stopped reading it right after the Guardians showed up, but if he didn't, he'll probably get around to some semblance of an explanation in the new Guardians of the Galaxy series he's gonna be writing soon. Or maybe not. It's Bendis; you can never really tell whether he's gonna attempt some level of competency with continuity or not.

Dammit Corp, I keep hearing Jakes laugh when I see that avvy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"