The Official Superman Score & Soundtrack Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love something more like the theme from Total Recall.

Edit: [YT]lsUZ1aIp4OE[/YT]

Last edited:
I demand a techno pop Madonna remix of the John Williams theme WITH LYRICS! :argh:

Or not.

****ing horrible metal-version. I could top that a 100 times. Stuff like that just gives metal a bad rep. :doh:

****ing horrible metal-version. I could top that a 100 times. Stuff like that just gives metal a bad rep. :doh:

amen to that...I couldn't listen to the whole thing...absolutely horrid. I could do better than that with a kazoo

I'll be glad when they announce a composer and direction for the score. Then this discussion over whether to update Williams work or not will end.

I demand a techno pop Madonna remix of the John Williams theme WITH LYRICS! :argh:

Back in '79, Maureen McGovern recorded and released Can You Read My Mind. It was pretty mediocre - but a bit better than Kidder's spoken word version.

Back in '79, Maureen McGovern recorded and released Can You Read My Mind. It was pretty mediocre - but a bit better than Kidder's spoken word version.

They were supposed to use that version but they said it just didn't fit so they used Kidder's version

They were supposed to use that version but they said it just didn't fit so they used Kidder's version

Actually... I think Kidder recorded a singing version - and that's the one that "didn't fit" (which might be code for "Kidder can't sing":cwink:). The McGovern version was recorded after STM's release.

Actually... I think Kidder recorded a singing version - and that's the one that "didn't fit" (which might be code for "Kidder can't sing":cwink:). The McGovern version was recorded after STM's release.

I could have swore in the special features on one of the many different discs I have said they were going to use MM's song but relegated to using MK's...I could be wrong

Well, at least we know the MOS Lois knows how to sing. :woot:

If Watchmen provided any evidence, it's that only ONE man should score this take on Superman, and hell, I'd pick him for the Batman reboot too. That man is...

Philip Glass.

[YT]CsioM3GaAAY&feature=fvst[/YT]

[YT]vU04Jah-ojY[/YT]

[YT]J0RKpmjjpLQ&feature=related[/YT]

So how long do you think it will take before we get an announcement on a composer?

I don't know if this already has been said, but I think the score might pose a problem here. I mean, the score standards have been set by Superman The Movie in the seventies, and it's a well-known score. People hear it and they recognise it instantly. Many people associate this score, as also been used in Superman Returns, as the Superman sound. For Man of Steel to have something that's as recognisable as well, that could pose a bit of a dilemma, or problem if you would. They want something completely new, a new story, but they may also want something, music-wise in this particular case, that's as recognisable as the score from the Reeve movies.

You are free to disagree with me, but I think it will be hard to think of music that captures the people as the seventies score.

Who is doing score for The Amazing Spider-Man and Avengers ?

James Horner is supposed to be doing TASM and Alan Silvestri for The Avengers.

Last edited:
I was about to suggest James Horner for MOS.

I was about to suggest James Horner for MOS.

But would he? I was very surprised to hear he would score TASM, as he's not a fan of the comic-book genre. But maybe he saw something in that movie that made him change his mind. I'm not sure if he'd do Superman. :huh:

Silvestri would be awesome for MOS. First Captain America, and then the REAL American hero Superman. :yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"