The Official Superman Fan Art & Manips Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
SuperMed, it's still an awesome design, but I'd prefer less raised or none at all.

guess i'm the only one who doesn't care for that shield design. still...good job, SuperMed.

You aren't. It's a good design, but I wouldn't want it in a movie or to replace the traditional design. I think if the suit ends up without the trunks, it's more important that other recognizable features of the suit remain.

You're not alone, I dont like it much either. Call me old fashioned but I prefer the original shield to anything they do. They shouldnt mess with what works.

For me this would work best, found it on deviantart

Brilliant

That is nice S shield SuperMed I used it for a design for a Zod poster/banner that I created with Michael Shannon. Hopefully I can get the link to come up but here is a way to it. I have been on these forums for five years, or more, but I would like to know what you all think!

http://Seraphartman.deviantart.com/...ral-Zod-209114600?q=gallery:seraphartman&qo=0

http://Seraphartman.deviantart.com/art/Man-of-Steel-General-Zod-209114600?q=gallery%3Aseraphartman&qo=0

I Think... Its Damn Good!

SUPERMAN SHIELD 2012 Classic Color di Medusone, su Flickr

New Shield (Classic Color)
I love this shield, it's completely brilliant, movie quality material in all the best ways. I love how you incorporated the S into the pentagon. Very stylish and alien yet very recognizable. Redesigning at it's best. I only had one problem, that the border breaks open and I just see that being difficult to fit onto a costume and looks a bit odd to me. So I was bored and decided to quickly close it up and see how it looks:

SupermanS.jpg

I never thought I could settle for this much change to the classic shield, but I've got to admit, it's quite refreshing to not have that small top-right yellow triangle as part of the design. Also feels nice to have the small slivers opening up the sides and breaking the classic, confined shield. It would bring the blue tights into the shield design. Pretty clever.

My only question is how would you deal with the yellow/blue boundaries for the actual suit? Would it be a gradient? Or simply just have the yellow end and blue start (much like your mock above)?

Really nice work.

I like it, but the first thing that has stood out to me straight away is that the top of the shield, or the top of the S, whatever way you want to look at is, it too thin, the rest of the red part of the shield is far thicker and chunkier, which makes the top of the S just look wrong. It almost looks like the top of the shield has been cut off.

I like it, but the first thing that has stood out to me straight away is that the top of the shield, or the top of the S, whatever way you want to look at is, it too thin, the rest of the red part of the shield is far thicker and chunkier, which makes the top of the S just look wrong. It almost looks like the top of the shield has been cut off.

this is my main problem with it. it's not "centered" so to speak...but if you move the "S" downward more to the center then it throws off the straight lines that line up with the corners of the diamond. i'm also not a fan of the triangle at the bottom. it might look better if the bottom of the "S" were curved or at least parallel with the straight lines in the middle of the "S".

You're not alone, I dont like it much either. Call me old fashioned but I prefer the original shield to anything they do. They shouldnt mess with what works.

Perfect. I wouldn't change a thing.

this is superman.:awesome:

this is my main problem with it. it's not "centered" so to speak...but if you move the "S" downward more to the center then it throws off the straight lines that line up with the corners of the diamond. i'm also not a fan of the triangle at the bottom. it might look better if the bottom of the "S" were curved or at least parallel with the straight lines in the middle of the "S".

That's what I was thinking. The shield looks like it is tilted backwards. In the original manip, I thought it was supposed to be that way -- as if it was a flying through space.

But now that it is out of that context -- it's a little odd. Moving the center of it down would help with that perspective issue but like you said, it would throw off the design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"