The Official Superman Score & Soundtrack Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenKToo

I run into burning buildings. Crazy huh.
Reaction score
Would you be happy with ottman back? or, had you rather have williams??

williams. how does ottman even begin to compare? dude is a hack.

I would prefer williams as well, but only because I think Ottman ought to concentrate on editing only.
Substance D said:

Williams turned down composing SR. Why then would he do a sequel? Ottman is Singer's often collaborator; he'll compose SR2.

well, john williams is hands down the greatest film score composer of all time...so it'd be dumb not to want him....but i was totally satisfied with ottman and expect his return...its obvious singer prefers working with him, and im cool with that.

Get the dude who does the music for the HALO games... That guy knows how to write some epic stuff.

Substance D said:

I agree ottman is a hack... This movie had nothing but hacks onboard... From director to actors, and writers to the person who scored the movie.
Sad the WB doesnt honor a great character like Superman with some people who have class, and know what their doing.

FanboyX_Returns said:
I agree ottman is a hack... This movie had nothing but hacks onboard... From director to actors, and writers to the person who scored the movie.
Sad the WB doesnt honor a great character like Superman with some people who have class, and know what their doing.

Full of love, aren't we?

I want Ottman back. His stuff was moving and I loved it.

FanboyX_Returns said:

Its sad the internet is the only outlet for people like you :o

I'll go with Ottoman again. Williams, the greatest ever, turned down the job, and I feel he's gone a little down hill over the years.

Ottoman did a great job with his score. It suffers from minimal use of the Superman theme, but I think that that poor decision was coupled the fact that the film had only 2 major action sequences (one could say the film had 1 action sequence, and a number of action 'scenes')

I think Otts will do well, especially if SR2 has an increased focus on super action.

Superfreak said:
I'll go with Ottoman again. Williams, the greatest ever, turned down the job, and I feel he's gone a little down hill over the years.

Ottoman did a great job with his score. It suffers from minimal use of the Superman theme, but I think that that poor decision was coupled the fact that the film had only 2 major action sequences (one could say the film had 1 action sequence, and a number of action 'scenes')

I think Otts will do well, especially if SR2 has an increased focus on super action.

I do have to agree, Williams is the hands down greatest composer of our time, but I loved the SR score. I'm pleased with SR and I know it will get better in the sequel. You just can't mess with what Williams did, you build on that.

Ottman...the music worked perfect IMO.

can someone please explain tome how ottman is a hack?

Motown Marvel said:
can someone please explain tome how ottman is a hack?

nope, 'cause he's not...

Anyway, I'd be fine with Williams coming to score it, but I'd rather have Ottman back.

I perfer Williams over Ottman... While Ottman's score sounded simlar to the original Williams score, it severly lacked the power and magnitude of the oiriginal score...

to put it bluntly, it had no backbone.

Motown Marvel said:
well, john williams is hands down the greatest film score composer of all time...so it'd be dumb not to want him....but i was totally satisfied with ottman and expect his return...its obvious singer prefers working with him, and im cool with that.
somewhat satisfied with Ottman, but agree with everything you said, specially Williams :up:

def williams

ottman's use of choral's was too in your face and had the subtlety of a bear

even when williams does the obvious with vocals it just feels epic

plus the fact that he kept CUTTING THE FREAKING THEME AT THE CRESCENDO

The only part of the score by Ottman that I was impressed with was the "love" theme. It mixed small parts of the score from S:TM with something new.

Other than that, the "new" opening march is very weak compared to the original. Play them one after the other, it's clear as day. No power at all.

i thought all ottmans score was ok....i liked his superman theme update.

as long as the superman march is in there i'm happy.

I would love for John Williams to do the score for the sequel, However I doubt he'll do it, so Ottman will return . Have to say even with his little updates to John's "SUPERMAN Theme song" he didn't ruin it, In fact he improved upon it .So I really don't mind to see him return for the sequel .

I love how everyone claims Ottman is a hack when they were all singing his praises before the film came out. First and foremost...Ottman is not a hack. He did a great job with the music. Second...If Singer is back...so is Ottman. I don't see them changing that dynamic.

As for Williams? Good luck. He is still in high demand and he seems to be moving towards more subtle work with his scores. I don't count Indy 4 or anything else Speilberg does though because he does everything Speilberg makes. Williams is the greatest in history for me but I just don't see him coming back after all these years.

DogofKrypton said:
Other than that, the "new" opening march is very weak compared to the original. Play them one after the other, it's clear as day. No power at all.

That has more to do with the recording than the actual arangement. When Williams has conducted the theme in public it is also easy to hear.

The arangement Ottman used is shorter but for the most part is identical and Williams adviced him on said arangement. So Williams hands aren't clean either if you're disapointed with that recording.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"