The Official Superman Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was pretty good but ironically Wolverine is my least favouritest character in Wolverine and the X-men so as it focused on him I didn't enjoy it as much as previous issues

The scene with Beast was neat though I :hrt: Beast

He's a cuddly ball of :awesome: and science

I'm reading Wolverine and the X-Men and I'm ****ing loving it.

At this place in time??? In an election year????Yes.....

Any other thought is just being intellectually dishonest and you know it. He even looks like Barack.......LOL!

Look.....whatever floats their boat. I don't care. But this pandering is just obvious. Stevie Wonder can see the message. "Obama is our savior and superhero......."

Pandering? Nope. Symbolic

Grant Morrison said:
Completely. What I was thinking, because I wrote that obviously last year, was that Obama was getting in in February, and I realized this comic would be out right around that time. I knew it was going to happen. And so Final Crisis #7 has Darkseid defeated, and the good guys have won and everything is bright and optimistic again, I knew that the feeling in America was going to be the same. When Final Crisis started, I wanted to talk about the kind of crushing horror of the George Bush/Tony Blair axis we all had to live through. Final Crisis was my fictional diary of how it felt to live through the early years of the 21st century.

By the end of that, there's this wind-of-change feeling that Obama brings to America and by extension everyone else – as to whether things actually change, we'll see. I wanted to open Final Crisis #7 with that feeling that the weather had changed. And it's the DC Universe, where anything can happen so here's a black President Superman and we're off! I think this guy's a little better looking than Obama, though. I mean, Obama's a fine-looking fella, but I don't think he could fill out that Superman suit. [laughs] This guy is more Muhammad Ali. So we have him, and we also have Beyonce as Wonder Woman. That's Beyonce at the microphone.

http://comics.ign.com/articles/950/950703p4.html

So my guess is, Obama Superman will meet farmer Superman in up and coming issues?

I'm reading Wolverine and the X-Men and I'm ****ing loving it.

It's fun on a bun :up:

I loves Broo the Brood most of all he's adorable

This quote just makes me love Grant Morrison even more :atp:

Shazam said:
It's re-election time and we all know the media is decided liberal......it just is. That includes comics writers.....if a comic book reader was cryogenically frozen in 1972 and woke up today, he eyes would pop outta his head on the themes running rampant in comics today. And most told from a liberal slant....
The New Question is a lesbian
Batman drawn having sex with Catwoman (on page)
Batwoman is a lesbian
The nudity and language

I fail to see how any of this is a bad thing

I want comic books to be as liberal as possible and I want there to be as many lgbt characters in comic books as there can be

I would have zero interest in buying comic books if there weren't

The real argument against doing an Obama Superman is the fact his approval rating's been in the tank for about a year now.

It would've been a cool comic when he was first elected and everyone thought he was awesome. By now, he's proven himself to be pretty ineffectual.

Morrison already introduced that character back when Obama fever was going on in Final Crisis. He always said he would bring the concept back for Multiversity. I guess this is just the setup for that.

So is Superboy any good

It's part of this The Culling crossover is it worth checking out or should i skip it like I'm skipping the Detective Comics crossover with Night of the Owls

The real argument against doing an Obama Superman is the fact his approval rating's been in the tank for about a year now.

It would've been a cool comic when he was first elected and everyone thought he was awesome. By now, he's proven himself to be pretty ineffectual.

He's not perfect but I do hope that he wins the election :up:

He has achieved some good things and I want him to win

Broo's great. Maybe because he reminds me of high school me...then I turned into Kid Omega. Speaking of him I thought I would be upset since they did away with all of Morrison's development but I think he's been the standout.

^ = Opinion.
Tsk,.. so ineffectual that they have been complaining about important stuff about him like what he puts on his hamburger or whether he golfs on a weekend.

And don't even start on the nerve of the guy going home to Hawaii for christmas when EVERYONE ELSE has left Washington for the holidays.

Seriously? It has gotten old. Here I am for the first time in my life being given BETTER medical care as a veteran because he wrote a few new things into law, I am getting the largest tax returns in over ten years because he has made is so I'm taxed less, And I actually feel good because I have seen a turnaround from the out of control spiral we were in in 2008.

It just gets old. Geez,.. fine you don't like him, but try to realize that your mileage may vary and I know too many (starting with Millions of Auto workers) who have benifited from his being in office - hardly "ineffectual."

SIGH.

This quote just makes me love Grant Morrison even more :atp:

I fail to see how any of this is a bad thing

I want comic books to be as liberal as possible and I want there to be as many lgbt characters in comic books as there can be

I would have zero interest in buying comic books if there weren't

You know,.. I can't think of a popular story or series in comics or science fiction that promotes a "conservative mindset"

I guess I need to blow the dust off the TV and look at what Mainstream America is watching because that last post read like there was conservative comics/science fiction out there.

(I'm a moderate - but I had to make the statement.):dry:

I just don't think politics have a place in comic books. The industry is already dying as it is. They don't need to eliminate half of their readership by condoning or rejecting political agendas or candidates.

i just don't think politics have a place in comic books. The industry is already dying as it is. They don't need to eliminate half of their readership by condoning or rejecting political agendas or candidates.

bingo!!

look, no offense, but don't act like we agree on this subject. I was merely commenting on the obvious parallels in the issue to Obama.

You, on the other hand, went off on a half-cocked conspiracy that the entire comic book industry is trying to get Obama re-elected.

I just don't think politics have a place in comic books. The industry is already dying as it is. They don't need to eliminate half of their readership by condoning or rejecting political agendas or candidates.

I think maybe we just see this differently.

If the comic had come out 15 years ago,... It would've been "meh'd " as poor writing -

The President - "Superman" - AND BLACK? REALLY??
It was an uplifting thing for me to read and realize that the time has arrived that it can be believed/accepted that there could be a black President and a black "Omega level" hero.

*comment* With Five exceptions - two of them women, Black Heroes rarely make it fully out of the "street level" superhero level. Whenever a Comic company stretches and lets me see one that can be put into destroying a city to juggling planets range,... I cheer.

My "over the top" was in having the majority of that worlds heroes being black. I know I'm whining but I'd like a MIX not all one color, creed, ethnicity, gender.

If DC goes forward with more Superman of Earth 23,.. I'll be reading every issue and hoping for an asian female Green Arrow,... Or an Indian BoosterGold Patterned after Jim Thorpe.

You guys feel me?

I used to think that way, but by adding in various political ideologies into superheroes I think is rather intriguing and when implemented properly quite brilliant. I personally love how Grant Morrison turned Batman and Superman into the ultimate heroes for left and right winged politics. I would love to see the return of the Objectivist Spider-Man. I hate how the DCnU Green Arrow is not an extreme progressive.

Now should we have these characters take sides on particular issues like abortion? Absolutely not! But having these characters represent the positive aspects of various political ideologies and expose us to diverse ideals that we're typically not accustomed to....that is what I find intriguing.

And people who reject the idea of the uber-left wing Superman and the super-right wing Batman just because it doesn't fit into their own little political narrative, they need to open their minds up a little bit if you ask me.

Or learn not to give a s**t one way or the other and just enjoy the bright colors and punching.

Politics are harder to avoid than you think.

look, no offense, but don't act like we agree on this subject. I was merely commenting on the obvious parallels in the issue to Obama.

You, on the other hand, went off on a half-cocked conspiracy that the entire comic book industry is trying to get Obama re-elected.

I'll take what I can get. :yay: You can shower now. LOL

And you are honestly .......honestly believing that this Super Obama in a comic book geared toward young voters is an accident??? Really??? Just happens to be a re-election year.....oh.....and this Superman just HAPPENS to be President of the United States?? And black???

That's not conspiracy......that's too many coincidences...

Come on.....:doh::whatever::funny::lmao:

You know,.. I can't think of a popular story or series in comics or science fiction that promotes a "conservative mindset"

If there is I wouldn't have any interest in watching or reading it and I certainly wouldn't spend any money on it

I would just find it utterly boring personally

So I'm glad that comic books are very liberal and very pro lgbt right now. I hope they become more and more so because if they weren't I wouldn't buy them

Creators' politics inform how they write regardless. There's no getting away from it. For example: the fact that Mark Millar is a well known liberal is what makes Ultimate Captain America a jingoistic satire of the Bush-era US as opposed to just an open endorsement of it--and there are still plenty of people who miss that point and embrace Ultimate Cap as how Captain America should be 'cause he represents the real 'Mer'ca!

I mean, you could intentionally ignore it and just read the comics entirely on the surface level to enjoy watching superdudes punch each other if that's your thing, too.

The amount of people who love Ultimate Cap and think he's better than the real one makes me :csad:

I think we're all in agreement; Ultimate Cap needs to die screaming and that President Superman is awesome.

Well, all us liberals certainly seem to. The other guys believe there's some kind of conspiracy going on. Which is ridiculous. Come on now, let's whisper in the corner over here for a minute. :ninja:

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"