The Official Superman Thread - Part 6

DC to Launch New 'Supergirl' Origin Comic Book In December (Exclusive)
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/supergirl-being-super-comic-book-926438

Supergirl: Being Super will be a four-issue series written by Mariko Tamaki, whose coming-of-age drama This One Summer, illustrated by her cousin Jillian Tamaki, won both Ignatz and Eisner Awards for best graphic novel, as well as receiving a Printz Honor and Randolph Caldecott Medal in 2015. Art on the series will come from Eisner Award-nominee Joelle Jones, co-creator of the fan-favorite Lady Killer and Helheim series. Set outside of regular continuity, the series will offer an updated take on Kara Zor-El's earliest days on Earth.

ugh that costume. Those boots are stupid.

Eh, I really disliked it at first but I'm getting used to it, unlike the new 52 costume which I disliked throughout it's whole run.

Last edited:
Last edited:
nice!!

but this is a different Kara - not the 52/Rebirth one??

edit: Read the article. And are they putting teen Kara in Smallville?? Cuz the pics look like a farm/small town setting. Oh!! That would be so grand if true!!
Yup, out-of-continuity Kara. Think of Superman: American Alien.

Yup, out-of-continuity Kara. Think of Superman: American Alien.

thanks.

really looking forward to this. also, very curious about the setting - hope it is indeed in Smallville, KS. cuz that would be sublime! :drl:

"Classic Superman" :up: And, particularly, I love this costume!

Certainly much better than Jim Lee's godawful new 52 suit, but for me the MOS suit is still the best rendition of suit ever! This suit is close to it but the blue boots and the red belt aren't doing it for me.

This story arc was great, but for the love of Rao, give Superman his trunks and boots back!

The costume just looks so bland being all blue. Taking away the trunks was bad enough, but now they took away the red boots too. Why?

The costume just looks so bland being all blue. Taking away the trunks was bad enough, but now they took away the red boots too. Why?

Yeah, it's not bad it just needs more red to balance out the blue.

Superman #6 and Wonder Woman #4 are the highest rated comics of Rebirth on comicbook round up, I think. Generally I've seen fans respond to both books pretty well.

Meanwhile Batman continues to be just ok across the board, even Detective has Tynion relying to on his standard, repetitive tricks, he's just finally managed to use them properly after years of trying and failing. I think Batman needs a creative overhaul, the creators are talented but I'm seeing too much cronyism in that line. It's a Snyder and gang show over there, King's run itself is so so because he's trying to be the second coming of Snyder.

I haven't been reading Detective Comics, but All-Star Batman was pretty good. I liked Jim as Batman pre rebirth, but he didn't really that much time as Batman.

Meanwhile Batman continues to be just ok across the board, even Detective has Tynion relying to on his standard, repetitive tricks, he's just finally managed to use them properly after years of trying and failing. I think Batman needs a creative overhaul, the creators are talented but I'm seeing too much cronyism in that line. It's a Snyder and gang show over there, King's run itself is so so because he's trying to be the second coming of Snyder.

Really? I don't see that at all. In fact, I thought issue 6 wrote was a good example of King writing circles around Snyder. In fact, King's run has been almost like a breath of fresh air compared to Snyder.

The biggest relief so far is that King gets to the point. He's a far more concise writer than Snyder, whose extra large issues crammed with meandering monologues became a chore to read. I've thought King's run has been very fun so far.

If anything, the stories King is telling feel more like bronze age stories with art that kind of undermines the feeling. But I've been pretty happy with King thus far.

Supergirl #1 was a pretty good read!

I'm also intrigued by one of the HS kids saying Kara speaks with an "accent."

never really thought about that before. but I guess it makes sense. Kara is a foreigner who's only been on Earth ( and in America learning English ) for only a short period of time.

Last edited:
:csad::whatever: at this Rebirth. I'm really trying to give Classic Clark another chance but I feel like I moved on for a long time, it's just awkward. and now that [BLACKOUT]N52 Lois is dead too I'm even more bummed.[/BLACKOUT] I dunno I'm always a Superfan but's kinda tough.

:csad::whatever: at this Rebirth. I'm really trying to give Classic Clark another chance but I feel like I moved on for a long time, it's just awkward. and now that [BLACKOUT]N52 Lois is dead too I'm even more bummed.[/BLACKOUT] I dunno I'm always a Superfan but's kinda tough.

While I think tomasi's run is solid, Jurgens just gave us 6 issues of superman fighting doomsday like it's still 1992 so I see where you're coming from.
I have to admit that I'm intrigued as to the identity of CK.

Loved Superman #7. Very heart warming. Also loved we got a shirt rip reveal after such long talks in the JL board, AND we got an "Up up and away " reference. Very cool, all around.

Loved Superman #7. Very heart warming. Also loved we got a shirt rip reveal after such long talks in the JL board, AND we got an "Up up and away " reference. Very cool, all around.

Same here. Also, the art in this book is so beautiful!

Any one read Trinity #1. If you haven't i'd highly recommend it.

For Superman fans still on the fence or intimidated by jumping into Rebirth. These are for you.

[Yt]Z3SPxH89Tnk[/Yt]
[Yt]bOCiGc2CS08[/Yt]

I haven't been reading Detective Comics, but All-Star Batman was pretty good. I liked Jim as Batman pre rebirth, but he didn't really that much time as Batman.

Wow. I'm pretty much 100% opposite of you. I loathe All Star Batman and feel it is the worst title in Rebirth aside from Harley Quinn and her gang. I also hated hated hated Gordon and the mech batman. If it can't be Bruce it should be Dick or no one.

Funny how people can have such differing opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"