The Official Superman Thread - Part 6

Discussion in 'DC Comics' started by Thread Manager, May 31, 2015.

1. Superchan Registered

Fair enough, I think Morrison's action run and superman unchained were the highlights of a very disappointing N52 superman run. The only other run that I would recommend is Greg pak's work on Action, particularly his stand alone arcs in Action 25-30 and 35-40. Pak really had a great handle on superman and I'm really sad to see him replaced with Jurgens whose best days seem to way behind him (mostly in the 90s).

Ditto. I really don't get why they don't just copy and paste the MOS costume instead of doing it half **sed with just the gauntlets. While I don't like MOS one bit I have to admit that the costume Snyder and Wilkenson gave us was perfection IMO, so why not make the 'official' costume so to speak instead of the half a dozen plus variations we're saddled with (MOS, BvS, Hoechlin's superman, the N52, the rebirth and JL action animated constumes).

Now regarding superman #10, well I loved it and Tomasi continues to do a great job with the rebirth/fatherly superman, far superior to his work on superman/wonderwoman, which was hit and miss IMO.
    Now if only Action could pick up the pace.

2. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

I enjoyed the 2-part storyline with Superboy and Robin as they are worst friends, best enemies. With this storyline, I can't see Superboy joining the Teen Titans anytime soon.

3. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

It reminds me of the Super sons series
    [​IMG]

4. Motown Marvel Crimson and Clover

The super sons have been amazing. The Superman title has been one of the top three best books to come out of Rebirth.

5. Boy Scout Registered

Finally caught up on Superman. Good stuff. :up: Jon and Damian are dynamite together, and Superman himself positively thrives as a family man.

6. Sawyer High King

[​IMG]

I just flooded my basement.

7. geetard Rebirth

Yeah, I can't wait for the next arc.

Clark teaming up with the Justice Incarnate to fight someone who's been playing Superman GO in the multiverse? Sign me the hell up.

8. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Superman rebirth finally answered who is Clark Kent! (Damn I should've picked up on the clues much sooner It was their all along [blackout](Mxy)[/blackout].
    [​IMG]

#333 The Caped Knight, Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  9. Sawyer High King

[​IMG]
    Dat panel.

10. AnneFan Hathaway #1

I'm okay with this answer and had a similar suspicion.
    1. It had to be a villain given one escaped from Oz's prison.
    2. Krypto growled at 'Clark', meaning it was someone else.
    3. The energy used was similar to Myxlplyx.

11. BlueLanternKal Super-Lex

Poor Mxy... everybody forgot about him. Hopefully he and Supes can hash it out and things get back to normal. And if Clark plays it right he may have an ally in his corner with a grudge against Oz. It also seems like Jon is "inheriting" Mxy as a frienemy. Makes sense since trolling a superkid would be even more fun for Mxyzpltk.

12. titansupes Registered

[​IMG]

13. X Knight Straight Edge

recent issue of Supergirl was great, much better than the initial story arc.

also really enjoying the Superman Reborn story in Superman and Action. wasn't expecting Mxy and am eager to learn just who Oz is ( though one could guess it's probably Ozymandias from Watchmen ).

and, can't forget the fantastic Supergirl Being Super miniseries. No issue this month, but the 1st 2 issues were really good.

overall, it's a great time to be a Super comic fan.

14. AnneFan Hathaway #1

Yeah, it has me hooked like the mysterious days of 'Reign of the Supermen'. And to a lesser extent the whole electric blue Superman plotline which to be fair, did something bold with the character and had me wondering what would happen next/when and how Superman would change back.

15. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Paul Dini is the one who wrote this story so yes he included STAS & Superfriends.

16. Sorath Registered

I was a tad bit disappoint at the big reveal. It was sort of like watching it. Great movie and creepy as hell all the way up till the end when you find out it was a giant spider like creature. However it was still a great story line can't wait to see what happens next.

17. BlueLanternKal Super-Lex

So if you've read Superwoman, you're probably not confused about what happened in Superman #19. Superman: Reborn spoilers ahead.

[BLACKOUT]The Red Energy from New-52 Superman and Lois is the source of Lana Lang's powers, a portion of it left her as both New-52 Supes and Lois said goodbye to Lana in a vision while she's comatose. Fast forward to Superman: Reborn and Jon who's been kidnapped in Mxy's pocket dimension sees two red energy orbs that he recognizes as a different version of his parents. Mxy is starts stealing Post Crisis Lois' and Clark's memories including the ones of Jon. Jon asks the red energy to help him and his parents against Mxy. The red energy combines with the Post-Crisis super family and now Superman is wearing a suit that's a combination of Post-Crisis and New-52 and Lois looks like a combo of both continuities as well.[/BLACKOUT]

Figured I'd explain that since a lot of people who haven't kept up with Superwoman are a little confused.

18. X Knight Straight Edge

I was confused by this, too. as someone who hasn't been following all of the books and all of the issues.

so, what does this mean, then?

that the New 52 versions of Superman and Lois ( and all the other DC characters, I guess ) are separate entities that were "split off" from their regular counterparts?

19. BlueLanternKal Super-Lex

For now I think this is a thing that's unique to Superman. Remember, in the 90's where Superman split into Superman Blue and Superman Red. When Oz or Manhattan or whoever stole 10 years from the DCU Superman and Lois were split in half. Blue was Post-Crisis and Red was New-52.

[​IMG]

#344 BlueLanternKal, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  20. X Knight Straight Edge

ah, thanks. I'm really interested in how this storyline will conclude next week.

21. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

So Action Comics #976 did the unexpected bringing about a balance. Primarily with [blackout]Superman & Lois[/blackout]. While I wasn't entirely on board with cliffhanger. It makes sense and reintegrates Clark Kent|Superman in the world as a whole. Jon's definitely represents the best of Lois and Clark (Jonathan & Martha would be proud)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Going forward I'm very curious what this means for other characters and relationships such as Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash etc…

22. All-Father Godly

Reborn was excellent! I'm very excited about what will happen after it.

23. X Knight Straight Edge

Supergirl #8 was a great read!!

It was so nice seeing Kal and Kara interact with each other following Rebirth, and it was especially nice seeing them HAPPY together. in contrast to (early) New 52, where Kara was angry and hostile towards Kal and towards the world in general.

it was also great finally seeing Jon and Kara interact, too, as well as Kara and Lois. hope we get to see more of that in the future.

I still find the whole Superman Reborn reset a bit confusing and how it has affected the history of other Super characters like Kara and how it reconciles their pre-52 history and 52 history.

oh, and do we know roughly how old Rebirth Superman is supposed to be or how old he was when he married Lois and had Jon?

Kara is supposed to be 16/17, right? I'm guessing Clark is right now maybe in his late 30s or early 40s?

24. Superchan Registered

Superman#22 was a good read, especially for the lois lane fans of the world.

25. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

If anyone has read the latest issue of Superman, something major has happened to Lois Lane.