The Official Thor Fan Art and Manips thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
see the picutre in the reply box of a mountain? click that, put the URL to the image(go properties>url>copy that and paste int he pop up box)in the pop up box and click ok

Hobo, its an overall great manip, lighting looks amazing, text is crisp as could be, the one thing that looks off to me is the lack of hair sticking out from the back, i think if you could make it a tad more noticeable it would look better i think. But overall great job!

Why didn't you use the movie costume, or was that done before the concept art was out? Personally Zeck was my fave Cap artist.

Yeah, my drawing goes back about a year to a year and a half ago (before the concept art was released). I like Jim Lee as an artist (not familiar with Zeck so I will need to check him out), but the reason for chosing that picture specifically was not the artist, but the pose. Like many people have said in the Captain America thread, and is evident in the use of it being used in the cocept art itself the pose is iconic.

Thanks for the heads up on Zeck will check him out. :yay:

Surfer

Hey thanks, that worked, i thought the url tag on the deviant art page would work, but i got it..

I based this on a JoeMad drawing but gave it my own spin, tell me what y'all think:
cd4c85be6046ef93361d2dcc929535dc.jpg

yeah i was just tryin out the face mostly, probably gunna go back in and add the costume

Hey thanks, that worked, i thought the url tag on the deviant art page would work, but i got it..

I based this on a JoeMad drawing but gave it my own spin, tell me what y'all think:
cd4c85be6046ef93361d2dcc929535dc.jpg
Pretty cool Bored Guy. I didn't mind that look of Thor too much, still tho it was Ulty Thor :(

Yeah, my drawing goes back about a year to a year and a half ago (before the concept art was released). I like Jim Lee as an artist (not familiar with Zeck so I will need to check him out), but the reason for chosing that picture specifically was not the artist, but the pose. Like many people have said in the Captain America thread, and is evident in the use of it being used in the cocept art itself the pose is iconic.

Thanks for the heads up on Zeck will check him out. :yay:

Surfer
I think you'll like him.

Thanks and it's colored with an old Photo Suite Program. lol The one I use is version 2, Photo Suite's on version 11 I think lol

the preferred term is asgardian or norse god, not colored. jk great pic nice job.

Wow, was that a racial slur, or perhaps an interspecies remark, I can't tell as I always seem to get mixed up with all of this political correctness. :doh:

Surfer

Here's a bitmap of that color. For some reason the red does some funky pixelizing on Jpegs
moviethorink01smlbmpa.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Saber!

So who do you think I should add in the background, The Avengers or the Warriors Three and Sif?

lol You're a trouble maker! lol That IS a good Idea tho. I was thinking about that but having Thor on Bifrost at the gates but that angle on the trailer stinks. I need a higher res of the trailer. :(

Thanks SAAD, Years of practice lol

Wouldn't it be great if one of the posters was like this?

THORFT_1_COVER.jpg

Also, seeing a costume like that makes me like the movie version even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"