The Official Thor News and Set Pics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go pic up Kirby's Run and prepare for there to be lack of "Norse" :o

Indeed.

9rivzp.jpg

Go pic up Kirby's Run and prepare for there to be lack of "Norse" :o

But is that bad thing? I mean, its kinda hard to be true to Norse mythology when its characters live in a comic book world. :p

JAK®;18534879 said:
We got an in-depth description of Loki's helmet. The fact that his fairly iconic helmet isn't in this image implies that the characters aren't going to be wearing them all the time. Perhaps only when in battle.
In the first draft Loki only donned his crazy helmet for the film's final act. Obviously the script has gone through many changes since them, so who knows if they've kept that aspect of it

I see some are disappointed that these dudes are decked out in Kirby-tech, and aren't dressed like actual historical Norsemen.

That's so odd...fans of comic series going on about how lame that comic is, Wonder Woman has the kind of fans.

The whole point of making a this Thor movie is that it be Stan Lee's and Jack Kirby's Thor, not just any Thor movie.The same thing applies to WW, a WW movie shouldn't be just some Amazon movie.

But is that bad thing? I mean, its kinda hard to be true to Norse mythology when its characters live in a comic book world. :p
Not a bad thing at all, given that the Marvel versions of the gods are pretty drastically different from their mythological counterparts. louie was just pointing out to the people complaining about the lack of Norse influence that it's nothing new to the Marvel versions. People really need to separate the two in their minds. If they were making a movie based on the Norse myths, these costumes would be all wrong. But they're making a movie based on the comics, for which these costumes are pretty appropriate.

Anyone else notice the crazy, seemingly Gehry-esque building they're standing in? If that's the look of Asgard's buildings, I like it. It looks like marble, which means it's both lavishly built and somewhat impractical, which kind of makes sense when you consider that it was all probably created with a magical wave of Odin's hand. :D
Actually, it looks like the backgrounds we built for stage productions back in high school and college. :o I even recognize the style of painting.

I like the costumes but color me thoroughly unimpressed with that set.

And Gehry? GEHRY? That ain't no Gehry. :dry:

May have been mentioned but besides concept art is the first shot of Hemsworth with the hammer?

Actually, it looks like the backgrounds we built for stage productions back in high school and college. :o I even recognize the style of painting.

And Gehry? GEHRY? That ain't no Gehry. :dry:
Well, we obviously disagree. :)

I doubt it's a real set, it's not even attached to the floor. They probably just wheeled it out there so they'd have a backdrop for the photo.

The new still looks awesome. I hope they do show the helmets sometime soon, as both Loki and Thor are both easily recognized in part to their headgear, but anything at this point is better than nothing.

And as much as I'd love to see Thor in 3D, I think this trend is getting out of control, so it'll be 2D for me. Plus I don't think the movie was shot in true 3D anyhow, so it won't look as cool as it should anyhow.

I like the pic. This is shaping up into a pretty good film. I like that they basing it on the Kirby run than Norse Mythology. It distinguishes that this is the Marvel Universe version of the Norse god, like the Captain America film is Marvel's version of WWII. I am worried about the lightning in certain scenes though.

About Thor in 3D, I'm not worried about it. They're going to have plenty of time for post-production and from what it sounds like in the interview with Kenneth Branaugh they planned for Thor to be in 3D unlike The Last Airbender and Clash of the Titans.

Alice in Wonderland save for Crispin Glover's character didn't look bad in 3D and that was post-production and planned to be in 3D.

I doubt it's a real set, it's not even attached to the floor. They probably just wheeled it out there so they'd have a backdrop for the photo.
Why would they bother making a partial set just for a photoshoot? :funny: They would have done better using less depth of focus and making the background completely blurry so we can't see it. :funny:

I'm starting to think that they messed up on the helmets and there not going to show it until the movie hits theaters but I'm hoping that there just waiting for comic con and the trailer to show the helmets.

can't wait for comic con. one more week!

How can something be badly photoshopped when it isn't photoshopped?
Maybe they touched it up? The gold of the eyepatch does look somewhat different from the gold on the rest of Odin's costume. But it's not an issue for me because the patch looks fine to me.

Looks fine to me too
Glad to Finally see Loki tho!

On the 3-D conversion thing... So far, the results of converted movies appear to be far less satisfying than those of movies shot that way. They say it will be done right, but I´ll sustain some skepticism, especially from any Kevin Feige´s statements.

I think a big difference may be that they have a year to convert (unlike a month for Clash of the Titans or a few weeks for The Last Airbender)

They at least seem to be aware of the crappiness of those conversions, so hopefully they'll actively try to avoid doing something similar.

I believe they'll try...

Will they succeed though? Much more doubtful...

I think a big difference may be that they have a year to convert (unlike a month for Clash of the Titans or a few weeks for The Last Airbender)
O yea I agree... I think this might be the 1st post Conversion Success

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"