The Official 'Thor Rate & Review' thread

Discussion in 'Thor' started by Whiskey Tango, Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigThor God of Thunder

Can you post a link?

2. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

3. Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

Generally the IM2 reviews were much more negative at this point in time, and I really liked IM2 even if it is not quite as good as the first. So I think Thor will be fantastic. I hope that will drive butts in the seats of theaters.

4. StarkTheProdigy Registered

I'm anxious to see more reviews come in from critics. The score will definitely change, but I hope the U.S. critics praise it as well! 10 days for the US! I can't wait!!!

5. TeenApeLives Registered

Hey guys, new here but pretty much lurked around these boards for years. I hope you all welcome a 34 year old uber geek into the fold. It was your reviews that made me join. I have to say, I'm a pretty big genre nut, I love horror, sci-fi and fantasy and have been reading comcis for years, so I'm pretty much all over these crazy ass flicks coming out the next few years. I am also a HUGE marvel fan and I have to say, Marvel is kicking ass and doing it right in my opinion. This whole setting up the Avengers thing has been just a friggin joy to watch unfold. Thor is one of my most anticipated flicks of the year, Hell for the last 15 to 20 years I have dreamed of seeing a Thor flick, and now by the Gods we have one. I am thrilled that so many people seem to be digging it and Even through all of these reviews I have managed to not take in too many spoilers! However, those of you that have seen this beauty, Does he infact have his helm on during any part of the film other than his intro to king? Also something I have not read from anyone yet, Does he say "For Odin, For Asgard!" Twould be most turdish if he did not. Anyway, thanks all and hope to have some awesome and moistly insane convos here.

6. Vartha Mod of Thunder

You're more than welcome aboard Teenape! I'm 50. lol Been a huge Thor fan for years. I lurked for awhile too until the younger Fantastic Four fans couldn't wrap their heads around the original Kirby Thing/Ben Grim not having much of a brow. lol

7. TeenApeLives Registered

Thanks Vartha! What I like about the boards around here is that you do NOT see too many Evil and hate filled chats like SO many others around the net. I think there will be some healthy and passionate arguments and opinions for sure, but I love that. I just love talking geek stuff in general with anyone that will listen!

8. Vartha Mod of Thunder

OH there are some of those in a few threads, the Thor threads have always been MILD compared to those others.

9. ladyloki Registered

Welcome welcome ... Glad to have you with us !!! Hey don't feel bad about your age , the more the merrier . I am a 28 year old woman who loves superhero movies and a recent fan of Thor due to the the trailers and my own reading up on the characters and the stories .Starting to read the comics too , if you ever wonder who my favroite character is in thor just look at the name hehehehe ... What can I say he is one awesome villian ... again welcome . Cant wait to see this movie !!:yay::yay:

10. StarkTheProdigy Registered

I'm really anxious to see Joblo's review. There are few critics that usually have the same outlook on a movie as I do, and Joblo is one of them. Ahhh! I can't wait for this movie!

11. BigThor God of Thunder

12. Raiden Wakanda Forever

Welcome TeenApeLives! Glad to see another fan joined the forum.

13. Vartha Mod of Thunder

Surprised we haven't heard from him already. lol

14. Kanon Crazy

Just saw the movie. I thought it was a pretty simple story, and the ending/final battles weren't as climatic as they should be, but it was a lot of fun, visually amazing, and all the characters were great, lovable and relatable.

It's a 7/10 for me :D

15. WildcatNC I'm on a BOAT ***** !

Welcome. Stick around and chime in.

Hell, i'm 32 and i'm giddy like a pre-teen girl at a Justin Bieber concert for all these movies :woot:

Its killing me to wait another week.

See, we got a 50, 28, and 32 yr old as the first to respond. Its not all kids in here.

:thor:

16. BigThor God of Thunder

Really?

I heard that the end fight with Loki was pretty awesome.

17. TeenApeLives Registered

Awesome guys-It's great to see such a diverse group all for the love of the genre. I have to say I'm just thrilled in general to be getting all of these flicks. It has been amazing to be living in a time where we are lucky enough to SEE Thor on a big screen. THOR!!! I'm still flipping out over it all. My nights have been pretty rough waiting for this flick. I know the night before the midnight show is gonna be hell, like christmas, it happens everytime I'm gearing up for a geek event film. And Thor is one of the big ones for me this year. As for US reviews, there have been a nice sack full, Collider, Aint It Cool, Hit Fix, they all have loved it so far. I don't think I could hate it, I'm an easy sell, I have loved this character for most of my life and I'm a pretty easy sale when it comes to geek property hitting the big screen. And to think...they started shooting the Avengers today...the AVENGERS!!??? think about that folks. We are lucky sonsa*****es.

18. Vartha Mod of Thunder

Teenape, do you know HOW CLOSE we were back during the Hulk TV movies to getting a Thor TV SERIES?

If they hadn't had Thor drinking the way he did, we would have had a series! THAT was how close we were. :(

19. TeenApeLives Registered

WOW. you know I think that Hulk TV movie is pretty entertaining. I have popped it in from time to time through out the years. My son loves it. It by no means is the Thor I EVER wanted to see hahaha but it's creamy campy fun.

20. Vartha Mod of Thunder

I sort of liked the idea of Blake controlling Thor over them both sharing the same body and having to EARN his way back to Asgard.
    See what was going on was Bixby was just starting the Cancer treatments back then and they were looking for a replacement for the Incredible Hulk. It's Sad they did that. Who knows where Thor would be today.

21. BigThor God of Thunder

I just saw the Dr. Pepper tv spot

22. Vartha Mod of Thunder

Not me yet. At least I'm getting to see the Thor Spots now.

23. hugekent Registered

It's not as good as Iron Man, but I never expected it to be. You can tell they spent a lot of time trying to make super powered gods amongst humans a logical storyline and at times it just didn't work. But the film looks amazing, the performances are all great (and a couple are as good as I've seen in this type of film), it's fairly easy to follow and most importantly, it's a lot of fun. I can't give it any less than 9/10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.