The Official Toy Fair 2008 Thread

thank god that got edited...it wasn't when i first saw it.

I chose to. Hype doesn't edit that word...I thought it would, so I typed it out. My bad. And if I could, I'd use what you just posted as my signature.

Haha. Weird... When is SDCC? july?

Aw man, look at these things! they look amazing!

bulkhead.jpg

And, good looking Megs, I honestly don't like any megatron thats been released prior to this, including the MP one.

mes.jpg

Plus, Sound wave and Lazerbeak look awesome

soundwave.jpg

WHOA! DIBS ON MEGS AND SOUNDWAVE! I'm really impressed by how well these weird designs translate into figs!

Hey guys; for those who havent seen it yet, there's a video of a "Hasbro Tour" from Toy Fair...shows some cool stuff up close.

www.marvel.com

Joker's crotch is too long.......it will make for a too easy round of Name that Crotch

well.......all around....I guess he's a horrible choice for name that Crotch

Those are not the actual figures but much bigger prototypes, compare then to the toyfair pictures you'll notice Alot of the joints are missing (in those)

Don't forget the Supream commander Prime thats coming out. It's supposed to be the largest Prime toy ever made or something.

So how many versions of Prime will be out? Three? I'm really psyched about these Transformers. I haven't felt this excited since Beast Wars. Judging from the designs (I haven't seen the show over here....) I'm probably eyeing:

- Earth Optimus Prime
- Prowl
- Black Arachnia (must have)
- Soundwave
- Blitzwing (WOW)
- Grimlock
and maybe Bulkhead. But if the Blitzwing's actual fig really does kick ass, I'm gonna make it my target in life to see it owned.

I really don't like the new Transformers cartoon, but those toys are amazing. I gotta have that Megatron.

WHOA! DIBS ON MEGS AND SOUNDWAVE! I'm really impressed by how well these weird designs translate into figs!
Indeed. That Megatron fig, as well as when/if they ever come out with one based on his Cybertronian form from the current line of comics, would be my Holy Grail of Megatron toys.

If I happen to see that Soundwave in stores, I'll get him without a second thought, but I won't be obsessively hunting him down as I will with the Megatron toy.

If you're referring to his Megatron Origin form I'd say hell yeah.

Megs are pretty okay. I wanted to pick up the G1 Megatron Masterpiece Edition but when I saw that they still hadn't changed the flimsy legs, I gave it a pass.

I think the whole range is one I'm going to make a point of collecting, I love them all so far.
And yeah, blitzwing is awesome.

If you're referring to his Megatron Origin form I'd say hell yeah.
It was also seen in Transformers: Infiltration before he acquired his gun mode in Escalation. If I had a toy of that form, however, I'd put some of the warpaint/tattoos on him, that he was running around with in Origin. I'd also hope that his helmet could come off to let those spikes unfold from his head, like in issue #2, to honor his opponents. That "crown" would be a simple, but badass, feature for a toy to have. :up:
Megs are pretty okay. I wanted to pick up the G1 Megatron Masterpiece Edition but when I saw that they still hadn't changed the flimsy legs, I gave it a pass.
Yeah, the scrawny legs, as well as the insane amount of time it takes to transform him, are the reasons why I have zero interest in getting the Masterpiece Megs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"