Joseph Gordon-Levitt CONFIRMED for COBRA COMMANDER!

I'll admit, I'm not quite as optimistic about GI Joe as I once was. Never been a Sommer's fan. But I do sincerely hope for the best. Considering I grew up more of a Joe/Cobra fan than Transformers.

Im a pretty big G.I. Joe fan. Big enough to be taking the time to post on these boards anyways. I probably wasnt going to see this movie before because it looked terrible, but now its official. Im actually going to protest at what is sure to be a dismal failure of an opening weekend and ask that anyone willing to pay to see this ZERO, pip squeak, germ play one of the best villans of all time have their head examined. On the plus side he will obviously be wearing one of Cobra Commanders trade mark masks. It would be foolish to show the worlds biggest terrorist as some thing you cant even tell is a guy or a girl.

At first I thought Levitt was an odd choice,

but thats what they said about Heath Ledger

Yea Heath Ledger was an odd choice, but in an different way. Most people were optimistic that he had the talent, plus once Nolan released that first black, white and red pic of him with the scars everyone was sold! They're going to have to do something pretty damn amazing to have this girl who looks like shes 14 resemble something even remotely menacing.

Yea Heath Ledger was an odd choice, but in an different way. Most people were optimistic that he had the talent, plus once Nolan released that first black, white and red pic of him with the scars everyone was sold! They're going to have to do something pretty damn amazing to have this girl who looks like shes 14 resemble something even remotely menacing.
Actually no. The majority absolutely hated the idea of Heath Ledger as Joker. Only a minority were all right with him or supportive.
Then the first face pic of Joker was released, and then it was pretty much split down the middle in terms of support.

And I'm not quitte sure what 14 year old girl you're referring to.
If it's a Levitt joke, it isn't funny. It's actually pretty bad.:o

Actually no. The majority absolutely hated the idea of Heath Ledger as Joker. Only a minority were all right with him or supportive.
Then the first face pic of Joker was released, and then it was pretty much split down the middle in terms of support.

And I'm not quitte sure what 14 year old girl you're referring to.
If it's a Levitt joke, it isn't funny. It's actually pretty bad.:o

Maybe on this website your right, but your still wrong. Those same fanboys absolutely hated the idea of Heath even after the first 2nd trailer was released and it was clear he was right for the role. There main concern was that he wasnt perma white and he was potentially going to skateboard in the movie

Maybe on this website again it was split down the middle, because SHH attracts a different kind of fanboy, but everyone I talked to was extremely excited by that picture.

And well, thats your opinion, and "Its actually pretty bad:o"
what are you Levitts PR? hes TERRIBLE for this role.. theres no disputing that fact. He might not look like a 14 year old girl, but he sure as hell looks 14!

While they're at it maybe the can re-cast jesse maccartney as Duke.. WTF!?

All i will say is watch STOP-LOSS,then watch BRICK...

you might not be so angry about his casting then

While they're at it maybe the can re-cast jesse maccartney as Duke.. WTF!?

The fact that you even know who he is speaks volumes of your personality. Now tell me, are you a 14 year old girl?

The fact that you even know who he is speaks volumes of your personality. Now tell me, are you a 14 year old girl?

Speaks volumes about my personality? right, if it says so much, then please share. And clearly you also know who he is, so shaaaad up and point your hypocritic finger somewhere else.

Who's Jesse Mccartney?

Some dude I guess?

JGL is the only thing that is keeping me interested in this movie, he was great in that flick with Jeff Daniels about that bank heist I actually forget what it's called but it was great.

Wait, how old is Joseph? I thought Cobra was an older gent...

Still no CC pictures, after all this time? Bleh...

Maybe it's supposed to be a suprise, it is his origin story

Some dude I guess?

JGL is the only thing that is keeping me interested in this movie, he was great in that flick with Jeff Daniels about that bank heist I actually forget what it's called but it was great.

The Lookout. Excellent film. Also check out Brick if you haven't yet.

Can´t wait for a picture of CC, he´s my favourite character in G.I. Joe.:yay:

I'm pretty sure they're saving Cobra Commander until next year, Zartan as well. I think that's what people want the most right now are some CC pics.

Many have lost interest in this movie already, so they better give us something soon, otherwise by the time they do release something, it'll be too late. They need to start building the hype now.

I won't give up on this movie, but I do grow tired of all the secrecy, I mean come on Hollywood, it's just a movie.

Weird there's no pictures of CC yet. Isnt he the main baddie?

The widest swath of GI JOE fans have no concept of CC's age. Dude wore masks. They could easily get away with just picking an age for the character and those that watched the cartoons or had a bucketfull of figures wont care. After casting Duke relatively young how could anyone really be surprised by a similarly young casting for CC. Its only those that went deep into the comics and backgrounds and later incarnations that will care. And the studio knows those are the people that will show up regardless.

Even though it wont really be important I think the guy actually looks somewhat snakelike. Hes got thin, somewhat beedy eyes, small nostrils, ridiculously high but flat cheekbones. And its a movie about war and military. History is full of powerhungry people who have grabbed power at young ages by sheer force of will. Napoleon was a general by 25, seized complete control before he was 30, and crowned himself emperor at 35.

Character points aside... this guy is a decent actor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"