The Official "UP WITH QUESADA" Thread

He's definitely garnered greater readership. I think he comes off as a bit of a *****ebag in interviews, but that's just me. But, yes, more people are definitely reading comics because of Joe Q's marketing strategies, and that's good.

I think he comes off as someone who's annoyed that some fans still can't understand that the dollar is, always has been and always will be the bottom line. There really are a lot of fans out there who think of Marvel Comics as this company that's supposed to exist only to provide them with escapist entertainment and they completely disregard the fact that it's a business. Joe seems to be past the point of explaining that time and time again. At least, that's how I see it.

I see it as him laughing and enjoying the fact that people are talking about his comics, regardless of whether it's negative or positive feedback. Which is valid from a business standpoint, but it still makes him seem like a *****e to me.

Well, he's come right out and said that he likes when people are talking about the comics, regardless of whether they're saying good or bad things, because it means they're reading them and feeling something about them, which is better than indifference. I understand that point and even agree with it to an extent, but it feels to me like he's setting out to piss fans off a lot of the time in order to consciously generate that negative buzz.

Quick question; How many here have met him in person...actually talked with him?

I've conversed with him in email form, years ago, back when MK was first starting. He critiqued some of my work, and actually sent me some of his unseen DD pages for me to critique! He also drew my (then) AOL screenname in DD #2 as a thank you for being a fan. I was 14 at the time, so you can imagine how ecstatic I was.

Does that sound like a *****ebag to anyone?

I saw him at a con once and he seemed like a pretty cool, jovial guy. So yeah, I'm just saying his comments through Newsarama and his choices in publishing make him come off like a *****e. People have been inadvertently misrepresented through the media before, though.

I've conversed with him in email form, years ago, back when MK was first starting. He critiqued some of my work, and actually sent me some of his unseen DD pages for me to critique! He also drew my (then) AOL screenname in DD #2 as a thank you for being a fan. I was 14 at the time, so you can imagine how ecstatic I was.

Does that sound like a *****ebag to anyone?

Prove it.

When did Quesada take over exactly? Because, I got to admit, I don't like many of the comics pre 2000's. Some 90's stuff is okay and so is some 80's stuff...but that 70's and Silver Age comics....Yawn...so my favorite era in comics is post 2000 and if that coincides with Quesada taking over then, I guess I like him.

When did Quesada take over exactly? Because, I got to admit, I don't like many of the comics pre 2000's. Some 90's stuff is okay and so is some 80's stuff...but that 70's and Silver Age comics....Yawn...so my favorite era in comics is post 2000 and if that coincides with Quesada taking over then, I guess I like him.
That's so sad. :(

That's so sad. :(
Not really, they're too hokey for me. The stories moved too fast for any type of character development and the emphasis seemed to be more on the new villain threat of the month rather than on the personal problems of our heroes. I'm not saying that stuff wasn't there, I mean that's what seperated Marvel from DC in those days, but it wasn't done slick enough for my tastes. Today comic readers have gotten more mature and as a result, comic books themselves gave gotten more mature. I'm really liking some of the current stuff.

Prove it.

Go look at DD #2. It's the page with Murdock walking down the city street with the fisheye lens look of the first panel. Towards the bottom of the page there's a wall with grafitti. My old AOL screenname, JJBEARCAT is on the wall. :up:

I guess no one saw the commercials.:dry:

No no I have, but that still could've gone either way.

...Also the "that wasn't called for" was kind of intentionally ironic cause I mean it's the Hype, nothing here is called for. I guess I should have thrown a frowny face on that to make it clear.

:csad:

Up with Joe all right...hang him high!

jk..

Honestly, the only thing he does that royally pisses me off is his handling of Spider-Man. Every other title has be fine.

Captain America is the best it's ever been. The New/ Mighty Avengers are fantastic. X-Men is kind of a wreck, but it's been a wreck for so long, that who can remember when it wasn't?

I find it hilarious that a lot of people in this thread were shouting bloody murder a few months to years back. People wanted Quesada fired for taking away the cosmic and fantastic sides out of Marvel and leaving only the "street side" in. Now they call it a master stroke; he concentrated the lines so Marvel would get healthy again and they could explore those other aspects of Marvel now that they're stronger. I won't even speak of the people's attitudes during Disassembled and House of M. Or Spidey's consecutive screw ups (at least people still see that). Hindsight's 20/20 and until something happens again that makes these people's tunes change they'll gladly sing him praises. Such is the nature of comics message boards.:)

Oh, yeah! I forgot the whole "Ultimateverse is goona replace 616" hysteria and the long winded rants about UMU taking away the talent from the 616 books.:up:

Oh, yeah! I forgot the whole "Ultimateverse is goona replace 616" hysteria and the long winded rants about UMU taking away the talent from the 616 books.:up:

As long as Butch Guice are Stuart Immonen are doing Unverse books, those rants are completely valid.

As long as Butch Guice are Stuart Immonen are doing Unverse books, those rants are completely valid.

This response is sooo like 30 minutes ago.

Though I agree...Ultimate should be religated to second tier.

Go look at DD #2. It's the page with Murdock walking down the city street with the fisheye lens look of the first panel. Towards the bottom of the page there's a wall with grafitti. My old AOL screenname, JJBEARCAT is on the wall. :up:
Ugh, I'd kill myself if that were my screen name.

Fellas,

I agree Quesada has been good for Marvel overall, the good out weighs the bad at least for Marvel financially and creatively, but I'd say his attitude towards the fans is wrong.

You said it perfectly! Joey Q has got me reading comics again, something I thought I wouldn't ever do. But his treatment of characters, despite what the fans think and spend their money on is dead wrong.

He reminds me of Barry Bonds, hes makes Baseball revelant and interesting, but he's a total scuzzball and ultimately dirty the game.

Thats how I feel about Joe Q.

Meh, I'm pretty much indifferent about the guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"