The Dark Knight Rises The Official "What Do YOU Want in the Sequel?" Thread

batgrave.jpg

Doesn't matter how they do it... but it would be nice for them to re-acknowledge why he is doing this in the first place before the films over.

It would be a beautiful ending to Nolan's trilogy.

Heist. There must be a great heist.

Heist. There must be a great heist.
Alfred: Batman, we can't pull this off by ourselves!
Batman: We won't Alfred. *cue montage and narration*

"We'll need someone who can provide distraction. Is Joker still available?"
"Sorry sir, it seems the GCPD finally grew some balls and shot the bastard last year."
"Damn, he was one of the best."
"What about the Riddler sir? Pulled 7 million last year while half of the county was chasing a big question mark attached to a blimp."
"We haven't got the brightest security in Gotham do we? Can he be trusted though?"
"No. But if we play our cards right sir, we won't need to trust him".
"Well what about surveillance? Someone who can get inside without being noticed?"
"I hear Clayface was released last tuesday from Arkham sir, he'd be perfect!"
"Excellent."
"One problem though sir, he was in that place for almost two weeks, the longest stretch anyone's ever had in history. He may be a bit unstable as a result."
"We have no other choice, the only other possibility is Jane Doe and she creeps the **** outta me."

I disagree, he could've used his batarangs to knock the gun out of his hands long before he even had it to Gordon's son. We know he's accurate with those things too, because in BB, he shot out the light in the warehouse with his batarangs.

But of course, if Harvey didn't die, then the theme wouldn't have worked, and the title would have been meaningless. It's just the way it was written into the story, but there are many ways for Batman to have knocked the gun out of Harvey's hands.

hard to throw a batarang when you are on the floor after getting shot... the impact from a revolver is very strong and he was def taken back... plus he was holding the gun right beside his head... throw a batarang at that location is asking to blind the kid... or prompting harvey to pull the trigger in shock reaction... just makes no sense at all to do that... you rarley see people try and shoot someone when they are holding a hostage.. in fear that the trigger may be pulled in shock.. much less and throw a batarang.

hard to throw a batarang when you are on the floor after getting shot... the impact from a revolver is very strong and he was def taken back... plus he was holding the gun right beside his head... throw a batarang at that location is asking to blind the kid... or prompting harvey to pull the trigger in shock reaction... just makes no sense at all to do that... you rarley see people try and shoot someone when they are holding a hostage.. in fear that the trigger may be pulled in shock.. much less and throw a batarang.
And yet somehow jumping at him while he is holding a gun to the kids head isn't riskier?

IT IS A MOVIE. A MOVIE. It isn't about what is "hard" for the characters, there are a hundred scenarios in the film like the one you describe where Batman wouldn't have been able to do something. And then he did it anyway. This is because the writers decide what a character can and cannot do. And while Batman wasn't going to suddenly float spontaneously and shoot lightning from his face it certainly wasn't going to break any suspension of disbelief if he managed to throw a batarang at Harvey's gun. I mean the guy has only trained years and years for this sort of thing to fight the best of the best, and Harvey certainly wasn't exactly a professional killer was he?

And yet somehow jumping at him while he is holding a gun to the kids head isn't riskier?

IT IS A MOVIE. A MOVIE. It isn't about what is "hard" for the characters, there are a hundred scenarios in the film like the one you describe where Batman wouldn't have been able to do something. And then he did it anyway. This is because the writers decide what a character can and cannot do. And while Batman wasn't going to suddenly float spontaneously and shoot lightning from his face it certainly wasn't going to break any suspension of disbelief if he managed to throw a batarang at Harvey's gun. I mean the guy has only trained years and years for this sort of thing to fight the best of the best, and Harvey certainly wasn't exactly a professional killer was he?
Yup, I was about to give a very similar post, but looks like you did the job for me. :up:

batgrave.jpg

Doesn't matter how they do it... but it would be nice for them to re-acknowledge why he is doing this in the first place before the films over.

It would be a beautiful ending to Nolan's trilogy.

that's a nice pic :wow::wow:

and yes indeed, the graveyard scene must be there ! That is THE thing I wanna see !

What I want to see:
Bruce visiting his Thomas and Martha's grave
Back Breaking
Batcave
The World's Greatest Detective detecting

But most of all, I want a great Viral Marketing campaign like we had for TDK.

- Batcomputer scene with Bale in the suit but with his cowl pulled back like in the comics or NiteOwl in Watchmen.

vlcsnap2011030619h21m57.png

The irony is that I don't see the mask at all here. I see the neck come to an end, and then his head. Just like in Nolan's films with the removable 'knight helmet'.

It could just as well be that the mask is removed instead of pulled back, and it would still be an awesome scene of the same quality. And you of all people just posted a picture proving it. Hehe.

Its not clear whether he removed it or pulled it back in this screencap. You just cant tell. Its just cooler if he pulls the cowl back, that's all.

Its not clear whether he removed it or pulled it back in this screencap. You just cant tell. Its just cooler if he pulls the cowl back, that's all.

That's the point I'm making. :oldrazz:

I'm also just messing with you, man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"