The Dark Knight Rises The Official TDKR Fanart & Manips Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same.

I even like the massive tubes :up:.

I am in no way any kind of graphic artist, in fact paint (the program I made these on) confuses the hell out of me.

These aren't a representation of Talent as I have none but, more of an insight to what I think conceptually would be nice to see from some teaser posters that may reflect the film's tone.

GHNAg.jpg

I wanted one for Bane but, couldn't find a picture of the mask alone to represent him.

Alternatively I envision a "Who are you?" campaign with Headshots of Wayne, Kyle and Bane with half their faces masked and the other half unmasked.

What is the relevance behind the phrase "Who do you trust?" I really like it, it's very interesting. I'd love to know the meaning behind it.

The inclusion of Catwoman sparked the idea in me that this movie was going to be heavy on the idea of characters who aren't good or bad but, somewhere in the middle.

Batman to us is a hero but, he's still a criminal in terms of the law, the same can be said for most depictions of Catwoman and with the further addition of GPD chasing Batman and Gordon being the leader; there may be a heavy element of "Who Can You Trust?" in this film.

Be it Batman to Catwoman, Batman to Gordon, Tate...anyone.

If Batman and Catwoman join forces they may need Gordon's help. Then you have Can Catwoman Trust Gordon? Can Gordon trust Catwoman? Can Gordon trust Batman for suggesting Catwoman?

On top of that, I still believe Bane may be a cop of some sort who gains a grudge against Batman and Gordon is forced to make the choice of who he trust more with the city.

"Suspicion invites Treachery"

An angle I, personally, feel will come out of this film

The inclusion of Catwoman sparked the idea in me that this movie was going to be heavy on the idea of characters who aren't good or bad but, somewhere in the middle.

Batman to us is a hero but, he's still a criminal in terms of the law, the same can be said for most depictions of Catwoman and with the further addition of GPD chasing Batman and Gordon being the leader; there may be a heavy element of "Who Can You Trust?" in this film.

If Batman and Catwoman join forces they may need Gordon's help. Then you have Can Catwoman Trust Gordon? Can Gordon trust Catwoman? Can Gordon trust Batman for suggesting Catwoman?

On top of that, I still believe Bane may be a cop of some sort who gains a grudge against Batman and Gordon is forced to make the choice of who he trust more with the city.

"Suspicion invites Treachery"

An angle I, personally, feel will come out of this film

It definitely does seem like the movie is going to go in this sort of direction, at least for now considering how little we know. But regardless, I think trust is for certain going to come into play at some point in this movie. The most interesting way to me is going to be between Gordon and Batman.

I like it :up:

That latest Bane fanart is truly fantastic. Nolan style mask is more badass than Luchador imo.

It kind of looks like a mesh of what Nolan is doing and the actual luchador mask colour-scheme wise. I could see Bane in future comics taking on this sort of look to stay true to the character but also nod to the movie's evolution of the character.

If DCnU Bane were to meet Nolan and Luchador in the middle, I'd be a happy camper.

I know this is a little off topic, but if anyone could make a logo for "The New Joker Blogs", I would reaaaaally appreciate it

What does he look like?

We don't know yet. Which is why I said if he were a cross between lucha and Nolan I'd be a happy camper. Riddler looks like crap. Instead of wearing a question mark he has a green question mark mohawk. :(

I agree with you but I'm thinking no tubes and gloves, I'm still thinking that teaser shot of bane is only to show his size not his full look, it's hard to show off size when your covered up

Guys, I need your help. I cant figure out how to do her left leg properly. I dont know if its right or not. Maybe it needs to be a little lower and more forshortened? Also, Id like someone to help me out with the background. I was thinking of her crawling on a rooftop, but cant seem to place it properly.
Much appreciated.

catwoman_in_progress_by_batboy99-d3l207a.jpg

Guys, I need your help. I cant figure out how to do her left leg properly. I dont know if its right or not. Maybe it needs to be a little lower and more forshortened? Also, Id like someone to help me out with the background. I was thinking of her crawling on a rooftop, but cant seem to place it properly.
Much appreciated.

What type of license was that when you uploaded it to Deviant Art. Because I think if artists would use that more often it would almost certainly prevent convention vendors ripping off the manips and art.

DA just asks you if you would like to add a watermark.

Much appreciated.

Lovely drawing. I am no expert on this sort of thing, but I would submit that her right buttock (from our perspective) is a bit disproportionately small to her right thigh. I have a feeling that her buttock should hide her thigh a little bit more, which should in turn cover a bit more of the back of her knee etc.

I could very well be very wrong, though!

Wow, her butt does look a bit small. Gotta give her more of a JLO ass forsure haha.

Much appreciated.

Did you have a picture that you looked at to draw the face from? It's very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"