The Dark Knight Rises The Official "When Are You Getting In Line?" Thread

Reserved seating for me as well. Thank goodness. Back in '08 my friends and I lined up three hours in advance and we still had to settle for the front row.

I wish there was reserved seating here in NYC, but haven't seen it yet...

I'm doing the Marathon (35mm, not IMAX) at Lincoln Center, aiming to be there 2-3 hrs early. Going back for real IMAX Sunday morning, probably 2 hrs early. Bringing books and snacks!

Here in the New Orleans area all major cinemas don't do allocated seating :csad:

I'm so jealous of you guys being able to show up 10 mins before showtime and your middle-of-the-row seats sitting perfectly there for you :argh:

We gotta fight like dogs to make sure we get the best seats.

Damn, that really sucks man. I don't know why they don't do that, it's just better for everyone to do allocated seating.

I live in Hampton Roads Virginia and in my 24 years of being alive, I have never seen a movie that has sold out all midnight showings in the area and the Friday evening and Saturday evening showings are half way full already. This movie is gonna be monumental! Not even the Harry Potter and Twlight movies have pulled this off (at least in my area and the Hampton Roads area of VA is HUGE).

Anyway, I am suppose to be going to a sneak peak screening on July 18th at 8pm. But they always give out more passes, than they have seats so I know I have to get there SUPER early. If for some reason I don't get in, then I already have tickets for Friday night at 8pm with friends. We all plan to get there around 6pm. Then Saturday, I got plans to see it again at 8pm at another upscale place lol.

Last edited:
Seeing this ol boy at a freaking ALAMO DRAFTHOUSE in Downtown KC with reserved seats, and tons of exclusive pre-show entertainment, such as giveaways and stuff.

PUMPED.

Allocated seating as well but want to get there half an hour before just to get myself pumped up and see if I can snatch posters and other goodies (if they have any).

I thought 7 hours before the showing was going to be more than enough back when I went to see TDK, there were crazy long lines everywhere already by the time I got there so don't underestimate it if you don't have reserved seating.

Question: Are you guys watching it in digital, LieMAX, or IMAX?

I told myself I'd only watch TDKR in IMAX 15/70, but I'm desperate to see it at midnight. Not sure if I will ultimately cave and watch it in LieMAX/digital.

My cinema announced IMAX 15/70 showings almost 2 months early, so obviously I just booked that straight away. It was only two weeks ago that they added standard screenings of the film (which appear to be every half hour). I'll be seeing it in 15/70 first as I've already booked it, but I think I'll go to quite a few average screenings also.

Seeing this ol boy at a freaking ALAMO DRAFTHOUSE in Downtown KC with reserved seats, and tons of exclusive pre-show entertainment, such as giveaways and stuff.

PUMPED.
:wow: I was going to that one until they changed it from AMC.
(didn't want to waste the chance to get all those Stubs points)
Giveaways huh?...:cmad: I've been duped.

3:30 PM Saturday the 21st with my roommate, then 11:30 Sunday morning with my parents

9am the next morning.

F**K the theater full of kiddies. Im a 28 year old man and Im going to enjoy myself.

:wow: I was going to that one until they changed it from AMC.
(didn't want to waste the chance to get all those Stubs points)
Giveaways huh?...:cmad: I've been duped.

Get your tickets refunded wherever you're seeing it at now, and buy Drafthouse tickets! It's not sold out yet!

Reserved seating this time. In 08 i think i lined up 3hrs for the 1am showtime.

I'm attending the midnight showing, so... I called the manager (who's already seen it at the IMAX I'm going to) and it's safe to say I'll be in line for about 10-15 hours. I'm going at either 12 at noon or as early as the theater opens. :hrt:

Ok so let's say that those who bought their tickets for the 12:01 showing get there 2-3 hours early in hopes of getting good seats that's not going to matter if those who are in for the marathon viewing are there.

Are there theaters that are showing it in multiple rooms perhaps?

My theater the marathon is shown only in RPX. Me and my group are getting there2-3 hrs before it starts at 6:30. If any of the late comers ask us to scoot down to make room so their group can sit together, they are going to get laughed at.

Midnight showing at Lincoln Square, probably getting there at 3pm or 4.

I'll be there by 3:30, my friend should be there at 2 PM or so. I have 8 people in my party, so hopefully the people in line don't mind them showing up at random times due to our schedules.

Get your tickets refunded wherever you're seeing it at now, and buy Drafthouse tickets! It's not sold out yet!
Hmm...
Bah! I would but it'll screw up some things logistically. Should have gone by myself. Haha

So glad we have assigned seating for our IMAX midnight showing. So I only have to get there a few minutes before the movie starts. Of course, since the tumbler tour will be at our theatre's location (Universal CityWalk) that same night, I'm showing up an hour beforehand to take photos & hang out in my Judge Scarecrow costume

I haven't watched the first 2 movies in a while. So I am going to see the Marathon at Cineplex.

According to a source, Line ups will not be allowed for any midnights (except AVX since that is reserved) until 4 PM.

Marathon starts at 6:40. Theater opens at 530.
We re only watching the first 2 movies before moving to the AVX theater to watch the midnight there (Im really surpised they did not put it in there to be honest).

<3. So excited.

The soonest showtime at the Seattle IMAX is at 9:45 in the am, basically everything else was sold out. Is it safe to be there an hour beforehand, or should I be earlier?

Called my local AMC about the Marathon he said they expect a line when they open at 10 AM :wow: and that I should arrive early. Wow.

Due to work and everyone's schedules...will be in line around 8 p.m. I really hope that's early enough.

Due to work and everyone's schedules...will be in line around 8 p.m. I really hope that's early enough.

Good luck! Sounds like most theaters there will be a line when theaters open in the AM.

I've got a 5:15pm show on Saturday. I'm looking at 4:00-4:15 to get into line. My wife has serious migraine issues, so I need to get us seats not too close to cause her problems. I got to TDK 30 min ahead, and had to sit FRONT ROW. And that was on a true, 70mm IMAX screen. Horrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"