The Official Young Avengers/Runaways Thread

TheCorpulent1 said:
I wouldn't mind seeing the Skrull prince join and Karolina come back. Get them back in there and put Jack Power on the team and I'd be happy as a clam. :)

I would LOVE it if she came back. Lucy in the Sky was my favorite :(

I still have to pick up the trade with Karolina's departure. Why'd she finally leave with him/her? Anyone got an Alphona pic of the prince/princess? (I don't like Miyazaki)

On the art front, I want to see more of McNiven's YA and Runaways(during Civil War, he did 'em for the promo), I'd like to see Cheung Runaways, Alphona YA, Cassiday YA and Runaways, and generally YA and Runaways by Immonen, JRjr, Sook, and Land.

TheCorpulent1 said:
No, Skrull prince. He may prefer being female, but among his people he's regarded as male.

Skrullos is a planet full of RuPauls!

Sup A-Dog! that's my new handle for your name. unless you got a better one.

GOODT!MES said:
I still have to pick up the trade with Karolina's departure. Why'd she finally leave with him/her? Anyone got an Alphona pic of the prince/princess? (I don't like Miyazaki)
Miyazawa, you mean. Miyazaki is the dude who makes all those anime movies that big Hollywood actors are begging for parts in. ;) I hate Miyazawa's art, too. I'm surprised I managed to keep up with Exiles through his (or her?) run.

Anyway, Karolina left with the Skrull because Karolina realized that the peace brought about by marrying the Skrull could potentially save billions of lives. Plus, the Skrull shapeshifted into a girl and Karolina was all like, "Yowza ur totally hawt n stuff lolz!" :D

man, if Kirkman wrote this, I'd have a f***in orgasm on the spot.

Haha. I know a little kid(age 10) named Jack Bauer. I always get a laugh out of 24.

As for Kirkman, he's good, but what does everyone see in him? I was dissappointed with the MTU arc(so far), and I bought the Invincible hardcover and thought it was supremely "meh". What's everyone see in the guy?

I like Invincible, but I fell behind and decided I'd just catch up in trades... someday. But I agree, I like Kirkman and all, but he's hit-or-miss for me. Sometimes he's great, sometimes his stories stink (most of the 2099 one-shots), sometimes they just drag a bit (some of his MTU stories). All in all, I'd read the mini-series if he wrote it, but I'd be cautiously optimistic.

GOODT!MES said:
Haha. I know a little kid(age 10) named Jack Bauer. I always get a laugh out of 24.

As for Kirkman, he's good, but what does everyone see in him? I was dissappointed with the MTU arc(so far), and I bought the Invincible hardcover and thought it was supremely "meh". What's everyone see in the guy?

You didn't like the hardcover? Volume 1 or 2? (Is volume 2 out? I don't know.) Well, all I can suggest is Walking Dead and if you don't like that then you will never see what others see in him. Best stuff he's writing if you ask me.

Kirkman is a oldschool, straight-up Superhero action writer. Who is also talented enough to tackle horror and social commentary in Walking Dead, the guy is what I call 'solid and dependable'

Yeah, Walking Dead was disappointing. I really wouldn't give him old school credit as much as, say, Millar or Hudson, and I really didn't like Invincible. I got the 1st Hardcover, but still, if the incentive of the book's "greatness" is in how realistic the teens are portrayed, it'd fit better with your generations than mine.

So,
Mark finding out his father was really there to prepare the world for a takeover by the Viltrimite empire, then telling him he thought of his mom as a pet, and then beating the living s**t out of him.
did nothing for you?

Not a thing, no. Well, it did make me say "Huh," But that's all. I actually found the high points of this book in Mark talking to Allan(the alien). I enjoyed that quite a bit for some reason, coupled with the Star Trek cameo, which is weird because I've never watched any Star Trek. But really, what you've posted was a good twist, but I have no idea whether the mom's reaction was realistic at all. That said, the realism shouldn't matter, because I'm a fervent supporter of the "it's a comic book" argument. It's just that I, as a writer, noticed that twists in stories have been around since the beginning, and in the world we live in I'd like to see someone invent a completely new storytelling element.

Good luck with that. It's tough to invent something that's completely new in a medium that's existed for millennia.

i thought about somthing last night.hulkings not gay,you cant be gay if your not male or female anyways.I guess he just likes human males and warlock likes males(or shipeshifters who are males at the time).funny huh?

heres something to chew on, can a shapeshifter impregnate themselves?

If they're the type of shapeshifter that can take on extra mass to become larger, I'm sure they could give themselves a womb and shapeshift a fetus in there. But I don't think it would be a living baby. If it were birthed, it'd just be an inert chunk of the shapeshifter until they reabsorbed it. Unless, of course, there's some freak accident like there was with Shift and Metamorpho, and the baby-chunk gains sentience spontaneously.

TheCorpulent1 said:
and the baby-chunk gains sentience spontaneously.

That's not a phrase you see too often.

I read somewhere, I forget, that a skrull was able to change the shape of they're reproductive system in order to birth children that looked more like the father. (Might have been the Earth X series.) So, if a skrull can do that, then can they make it so they have both reproductive systems and then, impregnate themselves? Freaky, sick, and twisted as that may be.

Well, it seems as if the Skrulls can shapeshift to be fully functional males or females, so, assuming they reproduce sexually and don't just split in two or something, I assume they could. After all, if you can shapeshift a working male reproductive system and you can shapeshift a working female reproductive system, it stands to reason that you could shapeshift both at the same time in an arrangement where the male stuff could access the female stuff for insemination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"