The Official Young Avengers/Runaways Thread

Err back on topic...Ive got a question about the Young Avengers. When they did that whole 'time travel" thingy and they visted the grave yard of all the dead heroes, Stature noticed that Ant-Man wasnt dead. Is this how they are bringing back Ant-Man? Through this time-loop thingy?

Supposedly new Ant-Man is not Scott Lang, so...nope.

Man, wherever Muze is, he's gonna have a freakin Fit when he finds out they're gonna bring in a new Ant-Man.

Wait theres a new Ant-Man already? I dont read a lot of comics but what i know about Ant-Man is that he died in Dissasembled. So someone new is using the ANt-MAn gear?

I guess. Unless Hank Pyms gonna go back to being Ant-Man again.

You guys seen the suit at Marvel.com? It looks like Spiderman Unlimited with mandibles. IMO, this isn't the old gear. It's probably based on it, though.

There are supposed to be two new Ant-Men, actually. Two SHIELD agents who "accidentally" steal the Ant-Man equipment. I guess they share it or alternate it or something, but that's sucked every time I've seen it (namely with the New Warriors' Turbo). :o Hank's supposed to play a major role in the new series, though.

Anubis said:
Man, wherever Muze is, he's gonna have a freakin Fit when he finds out they're gonna bring in a new Ant-Man.

LOL! yep, he's probaly at mass thanking the Mother Mary.:up:

TheCorpulent1 said:
There are supposed to be two new Ant-Men, actually. Two SHIELD agents who "accidentally" steal the Ant-Man equipment. I guess they share it or alternate it or something, but that's sucked every time I've seen it (namely with the New Warriors' Turbo). :o Hank's supposed to play a major role in the new series, though.

I'm gonna give it a shot, it's called 'the Irredeemable Ant-man' I gotta give it a try for the title alone.:)

It sucks that YA is going on hiatus until 2007... That writer couldn't turn down Wonder Woman, I guess.

^ Well he is a flamer and Wonderwoman is the Liza Minelli of comics to Homosexuals.

deemar325 said:
LOL! yep, he's probaly at mass thanking the Mother Mary.:up:
I doubt it. He was more of a Scott Lang fan than a general Ant-Man fan.

I'll definately look at the first ANT-MAN issue. Rather interesting that he looks a lot like "Iron Spidey" in some ways, but since it's not Spidey, the look works. :p

I also am very interested in RUNAWAYS/YOUNG AVENGERS, although it is a shame that Vaughan and Heinberg can't co-write it; "consulting" will have to do (lord knows what that means; that could be anything from a 17 page guideline on what they want their characters to do to a few words scribbled on a napkin like, "DON'T KILL ANYONE OR YOUR TURTLE GETS IT"). Plus, I hope the art will be good. But I'll definately be getting this, and to be fair, this is one of those instances of Marvel listening to a fan wish in less than 6 years (which is how long it took Marvel to give Wolverine back his adamantium).

Basically anything Runaways or Young Avengers that Marvel publishes, I'll buy.

deemar325 said:
Well he is a flamer and Wonderwoman is the Liza Minelli of comics to Homosexuals.

I didn't know that he(despite taking writing time off to be with a new baby) was gay.

The analogy's probably true though.

deemar325 said:
^ Well he is a flamer and Wonderwoman is the Liza Minelli of comics to Homosexuals.

lol... point taken.

I thought they were brining Ant-Man back to life through Dead-Girl (X-Statix presents Dead-Girl, featuring Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, Phantom Rider, Mysterio, Ms. America, Anarchist, and others.)

by the way, has anyone brought up the possible ramifications of Victor Mancha and Vision meeting? (I haven't read through the five pages of posts). I mean they are brothers aren't they?

Vision 2.0 is more like Kang's son (or Kang himself, actually, which is...strange) than Ultron's, but that's an interesting idea.

Victor Mancha was made by Ultron, so he's naturally part of the whole wiggy Pym/Wasp/Ultron/Wonder Man/Jocasta/Vision/Vision 2.0 family. And that's STILL not as complicated as the Summers family tree. :rolleyes:

I always thought the Summers family tree wasn't that complicated. I wonder if this team-up will explore more in the direction of how Gert and Vic might join the Avengers in the future.

1) Are Gert and Vic....?
2) If so- where's Chase?
3) I now kind of hope that Chase steals some weapons (Hawkingbird-style) from the Avengers Mansion. He could use new Fistigons(not that the Avengers'll have them), or anything at all to let him fight again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"