The Old Official Superman Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobo

Daisy is <3
Reaction score
I rarely visit these boards anymore, so I was just wondering, is there any actor whose name is not Brandon Routh or Tom Welling who has a strong fan base supporting him for the role?:huh:

Not that I know of. I know Henry Cavill's name gets thrown around a lot, and I think he's a good choice :up:

Michael Trucco has a little bit of a following, including me.

MichaelTrucco2.jpg

Not that I know of. I know Henry Cavill's name gets thrown around a lot, and I think he's a good choice :up:
Cavill's my #1 pic no doubt. He's got the All-American boy look, the most chiseled features I've seen from anyone, and he can act his ass off. :up:

HenryCavillCB.jpg

17.jpg

0000047415_20080318122618.jpg

Cavill has been my #1 guy for years.

In a couple of pictures he looks Bizzaro Ratner, ie good looking and with skills.

Cavill has been my #1 guy for years.

he's been around since people were throwing around monthly fitness magazine cover models.

he's always been a good option. Really, his biggest failing back then was the age old 'he might be too young looking' especially back then, pre SR. I don't think any of us were really willing to wait for an actor to age. Now though is a totally different story (YEARS later). He's a much better option now than he was.

but Routh is awesome. I hope he gets another shot at a better movie, that might allow him to act a little more than SR really allowed

(the pubes glued to his chest in that last photo are dirty lol)

I really want an American to play Superman. I know Superman isn't technically American but still thats my preference. That being said I'd take that guy as Supes, he looks the part and looks nothing like Reeve.

Personally I'd like Routh to return w/ a better script and more to do, BUT if they go with a new Superman and start from scratch (please note by starting from scratch, I do NOT mean an origin story), I think they'll go with someone older.

Trucco has a good look, but I've no idea what his acting is like; what's he been in? I'd still be happy with Jim Caviezel as Superman if they go the oder route.

I could live with Cavill. His obviously once broken nose irks me a bit, but I could get over it since he can in fact act, which would be refreshing to say the least. My biggest knock on him back during the "Casting Wars" was always that he looked like he was 12, but he's grown up a lot in 4 years....

Cavill and Trucco are definitely the two favorites. I would be happy with either of them wearing the red cape. :up:

If we get a reboot I would be up for Henry Cavill to get the role.

Michael Trucco isn't a bad choice. Not too hip on Henry Cavill, never have. He's a decent actor, but he looks too soft. And yes, Superman should be played by an American. I'd go a different route: Jim Caviezel. He'd put on the muscle, and I'd like to see an older Superman.

I would like to see an older Supes and Lois. Lets ditch the teenagers and early 20's versions.

I think Superman is really a character that lends itself to an unknown actor.

Cavill's my #1 pic no doubt. He's got the All-American boy look, the most chiseled features I've seen from anyone, and he can act his ass off. :up:

you do know that your all american boy is english right?

For Lois: Carla Gugino, Charlize Theron or pony up the cash for Reese Witherspoon.

I have to get back to you on Supes because I don't have any ideas right now.

I'm not sure about Carla Gugino, I like Charlize Theron but I'm not sure about her as Lois and no to Reese Witherspoon.

I haven't really given much thought about who should be cast as Lois.

you do know that your all american boy is english right?
I'm quite aware. Doesn't change the fact that he looks like an ideal All-American boyscout.

Michael Trucco isn't a bad choice. Not too hip on Henry Cavill, never have. He's a decent actor, but he looks too soft. And yes, Superman should be played by an American. I'd go a different route: Jim Caviezel. He'd put on the muscle, and I'd like to see an older Superman.
There should be absolutely no prerequisite on the actor's country of origin, when playing this role. That matters not as long as he has the looks.

And Caviezel is way too damn old for this role. ESPECIALLY for a reboot. Not to mention he doesn't have the Superman face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"