The "One Universe" Marvel & DC Crossover RPG: Season II

OneUniverseRPG

Civilian
Reaction score
pitts2003program-perez-one-.png
"One Universe" banner made by twylight

This RPG is similar to almost all others on Superhero Hype boards, except in this continuity, both the Marvel and DC universes are merged as "One Universe".

In the past year, many new champions of the world have been born. Superman, The Last Son Of Krypton. Batman, The Guardian Of Gotham City. Spider-Man, New York's Webbed Wonder. Daredevil, Hell's Kitchen's Man Without Fear. But just as many threats to mankind have arisen in wake of the heroes' spawning. The heroes' first obstacle came when Oliver Queen's benefit party in Star City was disrupted by The Incredible Hulk. Heroes such as Superman, The Fantastic Four, Batman, and Iron Man found difficulty in defeating the beast, but they eventually won out, setting the seeds for a possible forging of allieances. However, Earth's first superpowered danger on a global scale came in the form of Darkseid, an Apokoliptian ruler bent on enslaving Earth and it's inhabitants. Defeated by Reed Richards and many other of Earth's heroes, Darkseid was encased in another demension. With the heroes having defeated the alien warlord, all seemed well... For a short time. But when General Zod, an insane superpowered Kryptonian survivor with Superman's powers, broke free of The Phantom Zone... All was seemingly lost as the monster wreaked havoc upon America in search of the son of Jor-El. But it was The Flash, Jay Garrick, who won the day by inspiring Superman to fight back, resulting in a collosal battle for the fate of the world. The battle ended with Zod's death at the hands of a kryptonite radiation, and the earth was saved once more. With the heroes having defeated the world's greatest threats, the year came to an end, with the formation of a new, powerful super-team, dedicated to protecting all of mankind; Superpowered or not.

How will the past year affect the present? What dangers will the superheroes oppose as they grow within their roles as Earth's guardians? How many new heroes and villains will emerge?

Welcome to "One Universe", The Marvel and DC Crossover RPG: Season II.

Founder & Gamemaster: Olcanucklehead
Assistant Gamemaster: Red X
Moderator: Johnny Blaze
Moderator: Master Bruce

I remember running. Running through the cornstalks of Kansas. And the only thing I could think to myself was ...'how?'.

It was the first day of Spring. Bright and sunny, as clear as day. The air was crisp. And I had never felt better. I had just turned thirteen, and it was going to be the best day of my life. Of course, that was helped by the fact that I was going to meet Lana Lang for a swim at Siegel Creek.

But the moment I started running, everything changed. Suddenly I couldn't stop, no matter how much I wanted to. Then I could barely move. But that didn't make a bit of difference when I realised I was going again. And when I say going, I mean... going. Fast. Faster than I've ever gone... Or ever seen anyone else go. The world became a blur, and suddenly, I was the fastest kid on the planet.

At first I was scared. I mean, that sort of thing doesn't happen to anyone on a regular basis. Or anyone in general, then. How could you explain something like this? So of course, I tried to stop myself. By leaping.

Which... well, didn't help. Because now I was in the air, forty feet off the ground. But I wasn't landing. I was... floating. How does a thirteen year old boy handle something like that? I felt like a freak. But I still felt pretty good, anyway. I could fly. Just like any other kid my age would've wanted to.

So I kept flying. All the way to Siegel Creek, where Lana was waiting for me. She was scared at first, sure. But the moment I took her with me, we were one with the clouds. She had never experienced anything like it. Heck, I had never experienced anything like it. But that's also where I had my first kiss. Up in the clouds. With the girl of my dreams.

Needless to say, I thought right. It was the best day of my life.

*VVVVV*

*VVVVV*

*VVVVV*

I always seem to wake up at the best part.

Rolling over between the blankets, I look at the cellphone on my desk, next to my glasses. Putting them on, I pick up the phone, and see who's calling at this hour. Of course, I really don't even need to do that. Only one person on this Earth would even bother at this rather ungodly hour. And sure enough, my suspiscions are proven true...

Lois
5:23 AM

I really should just go back to bed, and pretend she never called. Really should.

"H-Hello?"

"Up and at 'em, Farmboy. Perry's got us on a potential lead in the suicide bombings."

I really should just start taking my own advice.

"Lois, *yawn* it's nearly five thirty in the morning..."

"I don't call the shots. I just suck up my coffee and give it hell. You should start doing the same."

Yeah, that's easy for you to say, Lois. You didn't just fly halfway around the world and back to stop a fire in Asia.

Of course, I'd never actually say that to her. But I've become pretty tempted in these past few months.

"What time should I catch the tram?"

:super:

About an hour and a half later, and I'm rushing through various members of the Daily Planet staff.

"A bit late, aren't you Mr. Kent?"

"Well hey there, Mr. Kent. A bit on the late side, aren't you?"

"Kent! Perry wants to see you ASAP."

I bite my lip, trying to make it to Mr. White's office. I would've gotten here sooner had it not been for the usual morning buzz. Showering, getting dressed, catching a ride on the tram, stopping off at Starbuck's for Lois' favorite mid-morning latte, and of course... the usual groups of diseased maniacs threatening to blow up a school and/or office buidling. Honestly, I don't know why people are so surprised anymore. With that "Intergang" showing up in Metropolis last month, every reporter in the city is scrambling to cover any and every crime just to see if it has a connection. I can't help but wonder if they're leading us all on a wild goose chase, but I guess that's a question for later.

"KENT!"

Right now, I've got an angry editor-in-chief to answer to.

I put the latte on Lois' desk, drop off my overcoat at my own desk, and make my way towards Perry's office. Something of which I'm sure could be classified as suicidal, but it's better I get yelled at now than ruin a potentially good day by delaying it. By that time, however, I notice Lois' frame from inside the office.

Yeah, I'm in for it alright.

Straightening my tie, I walk forward, and calmly open the door.

"GREAT CEASER'S GHOST!"

...And... immediatley regret doing so, considering my eardrums are ringing. I look up at Perry and Lois, who just notice I walked in.

"Um... You wanted to see me, sir?"

"Nevermind that. Lane, here, just saved your sorry butt for the second time this week.", He responds. "She's figured out a potential connection in the Intergang story and the suicide bombings."

Connection? There's a connection? Well, at least we know who we're looking for. I guess. Even though we don't really know who's behind Intergang itself.

"That's... um... great. Yeah."

Lois raises an eyebrow.

"Try not to be over enthused.", She says. "It's just a hunch. But I'm sure we could confirm it by noon if we hurry."

I raise my own eyebrow at that. I just know that whatever she means, it's not good.

"Noon? What do you-"

"I'll explain on the way.", She responds, grabbing my arm as she leaves the office, pulling me with her.

I just should've slept in. I know I should've just slept in...

:super:

"Lois Lane, Daily Planet. Can I get a statement?"

I watch from afar as Lois tries to interview one of the officers at the scene. All the while trying to contemplate what happened myself.

From where I'm standing, all I see is a bunch of charred crates. This used to be the docks, up until an hour ago. Until we got the word that a fire broke out earlier this morning. Took nearly everything on this pier. The firemen were all the way on the other side of the city, so by the time they got here, nothing was left to salvage. Now we're here, trying our best to make sure of that before we go back to Perry with nothing.

"Sorry, lady. There ain't much t' say, here. One of th' tanker trucks exploded... Took everything with it.", The officer responds.

Lois looks back at the scene.

"A tanker did all of this?"

"Well, not all've it. All of the crates were carrying gasoline. Caught on fire and set the whole place ablaze.", The officer responds.

I don't know why... But the way everything's burned, part of me doubts this was just random, like the police are making it out to be. Something doesn't sit right.

As Lois keeps the only surveying officer busy with questions, I turn, and peer at the scene with my x-ray and microscopic visions. Nothing out of the ordinary from what I can see. Just some remnants of some kind of sand, next to one of the crates.

Wait a minute.

I turn to the officer.

"Excuse me, did you say all of the crates were carrying gasoline?"

"That's what we were told."

"And only gasoline?"

"Yes sir."

Now I know something isn't right. I turn back, looking at the substance again. Maybe if I can sneak over and get a sample of-

"Help! Somebody help us! Please!!!"

My eyes widen, as something enters my hearing. A scream for help. Wait. No, multiple screams. Coming from...

The sky?

I look up, seeing it. By the time I spot it, so does Lois and the officer. A plane. It's... It's...

"Oh my god. Is that plane spinning?"

Those people are in trouble. More trouble than I or anyone else probably realises. The fire will have to wait... I need to act fast, if I'm to prevent that plane from crashing into the city.

I turn around behind Lois and the officer, and in seconds, the world becomes a blur to me. I loosen my tie and remove my glasses accordingly, preparing for ascension. By the time Lois will turn around and notice I'm gone, I'll probably be ready to take off towards the plane.

"-Kent?"

Yep. Right on cue.

for-all-seasons.jpg

The plane's trail isn't hard to pick up. It's leaking fluid. Probably why it's altitude is out of control. Which means the faster I get to it, the better.

Spotting the plane ahead, I immediatley focus my flight pattern to get under it. Takes a few more seconds than I'd like, but I eventually find myself under the plane, matching it's speed. Flying up, I grab the bottom of the plane from behind me, and sink my fingers into the metal. Good thing I can bend it with ease... Otherwise this would be alot more difficult. Pushing up with my back, I give a heave. A thought occurs, as I realise that the craft's towering me.

Holy cow, this is heavy.

But I manage to ignore that long enough to get the plane back into a straight altitude. It's a bit of a trick to actually keep it held up, but I'm managing. Now, I just have to figure out how and where to land this thing.

Yeah. No problem.

Spotting Hob's Bay as I fly the plane as far away from the bridge as possible, I shoot down. If I've got this right, the plane should float in the water once I get it in. If I've got this wrong... well, I've just killed both myself and about a dozen innocent bystanders.

Boy, this morning just keeps getting better and better, doesn't it?

Flying low, I hit the water. I don't know if I should actually worry about drowing, given that I've been able to breathe in space. But the water could still fill my lungs. Not to mention I've got about 30 tons of metal, give or take, arched on my spine. But if I can let go of the plane without worrying about it sinking...

By the time I've realised what's happening, I'm already underwater. The plane lands with a bit of a jolt, and the waves from it's impact send me down a bit. But by the time I stop twirling beneath it, and look up, I see that the plane's still afloat. Good. That's one disaster averted...

Flying upwards, I break through the surface, and fly around the plane, looking for the passenger door. Finding it, I float to it, and rip it off. The pilot looks at me like he's seen some sort of celebrity, or something.

"Excuse me.", I say, before stepping into the plane, and looking at all the passengers. "Is everyone alright?"

They all stare for a moment, before nodding. I give them a smile.

"Glad to know it.", I respond.

Okay, Clark. They called you "The Symbol Of Truth And Justice For Today's Modern Society" last month. Now would be a good time to act the part. Especially if it'll help these people ignore what they just went through, even if for a moment.

"Well, I certainly hope that this incident hasn't steered anyone off of flying. It's actually the safest way to travel, statistically speaking."

Real "modern", Clark.

"Welcome to Metropolis,", I finally say. "Folks around here call me 'Superman'. I hope you will, too."

Realising that I've said more than enough, I step back out of the plane, and fly back towards the docks. Better not give Lois time to find my glasses and suit sprawled between those remaining crates. That'd be awful hard to explain, after all.

But I guess I should be pleased with myself. I saved a plane full of passengers from nearly crashing into Suicide Slum. That's definatley not an everyday occurance.

Yet... I can't get my mind off of that fire. It's as if someone wanted the pier to be burned down. Probably did, now that I think about it. Lois and I were originally going to go there in order to find evidence of a trade-off of royalties between Morgan Edge and a Casnian warlord. Edge is the man Lois believes to be involved with Intergang. Put two and two together, and it isn't hard to figure out.

Now I know why I can't get my mind off of it. It digusts me. Disgusts me to know that no matter how many planes I save, or how many terrorists I put down, Metropolis is still a target for danger.

I land, and change, making my way back out to the pier where Lois and the officer is. They don't even notice me as they watch the scene across the bay. With the plane, and all.

"He did it!"

"Who did what, Lois?"

She turns to me, with the same eyebrow raised as before.

"You've got to be kidding me. You didn't see him? Again?"

"Who, Superman?"

"No, The King of Switzerland. Yes, Superman.", She responds, annoyed. "He just saved that plane from crashing into the bridge."

"Wow.", I say. "Did he have help?"

She looks at me like I'm an idiot. Which was more or less the intent.

"He's Superman. He doesn't need help. He's practically a one man army.", She says, looking back towards the plane.

I can't help but wonder that. I mean, if that were true... Metropolis wouldn't be like it is. I should really try to step it up a bit.

birthright2.jpg

But you know, when all is said and done... This wasn't that bad of a morning after all.

Star City

I lay hidden in the shadows and watch as three men drag a young woman into an alley and start to undo her pants. She screams and the biggest one of the bunch slaps her.

"Shut up! *****!"

I pull an arrow from quiver, string it and pull back on the bow. It whistles through the air as I release it and hit's the big one square in his thigh, he falls to the ground in pain as the arrowhead lodges in his leg. I emerge from the shadows in my new costume, The other one was a tad old and the small mask lead to the goverment finding out my identity.

"Big man, slapping a defensless woman."

greenarrow2jo8.gif

"Unfortunatley, I fight back."

One of them lets go of the girl and charges at me. I duck his attack, punch him square in the gonads and use his momentum to take him down to the ground. He rolls on the ground and grabs his nuts, He's actually crying.

"I also fight dirty."

The one who's left let's go of the girl and runs off. I grab the shaft of the arrow I buried in the big man's leg and pull it out. He screams even louder and I but my boot heel into his temple, making him black out in the process.

The girl they tried to rape can't be anymore than 16, I help her up and she looks at me through her tearful eyes.

"Thank you, so much."

"You don't have to thank me little lady."

I head off into the shadows and look back at her.

"Just be careful from now on, What's your name?"

"Kate, Kate Bishop."

"They call me, Green Arrow."

And with that, I run off into the darkness and scale a nearby fire escape. I run on the rooftop and into the night. I've got to call it a night. Apparently Old Man Flash wants to talk to me and some more folks in Gotham.

[BLACKOUT]"REALITY SHALL WARP! LIFE SHALL TAKE NEW MEANING! DREAMS AND REALITY SHALL BLEND INTO ONE! AND I SHALL ASCEND TO POWER!!!!"[/BLACKOUT]

Drdestiny.jpg

[BLACKOUT]"IT IS MY DESTINY!!![/BLACKOUT]

I come to the library to study. I have to deal with this ****. Sometimes I really hate my life.

I duck behind a bookshelf and change into my costume. With this alien suit I found back when that grey skinned wierdo showed up, quick changes are easy. Plus, I can't sew for crap, so it's a major improvement asthetically. I jump out. Now, think of something quippy to say...

"HEY! Skeletor called. He wants his look back."

I suck so very much.

I jump at him, and he grabs a hostage. Wonderful.

[BLACKOUT]"Do NOT come near me, trickster!" [/BLACKOUT]

I need to calm this guy down. Fast.

"Okay. Let's not do anything crazy. Who are you?"

[BLACKOUT]"I am the rightful heir to the collective unconscious of the universe. I am the new Lord Shaper to be. I am the doctor who will operate on reality. I am destiny. Yours. Mine. The universe's."[/BLACKOUT]

"...I mean what's your name?"

[BLACKOUT] "Dee. John Dee." [/BLACKOUT]

"Like the occultist?"

[BLACKOUT] "My mother thought it gave me a level of prestige." [/BLACKOUT]

"Alright. Why are you doing this, John?"

[BLACKOUT] "...it...it came to me in a dream. I realized that reality can be influenced by human consciousness. Under the proper circumstances, of course. I tried to make a machine that would allow my to tap into humanity's collective unconscious and rewrite existence. However, I was lacking one piece. A power source, or some secret that would allow me to unlock everything. Or something. I gave up on that quest. Now, if I can convince enough other people of my vision, then our combined psychokinetic energy can alter reality. [/BLACKOUT]

"So, you're just trying to get people to listen to you?"

[BLACKOUT] "...yes." [/BLACKOUT]

"You don't need to do that. I know the secret you're looking for."

[BLACKOUT] "...really?" [/BLACKOUT]

"Of course."

[BLACKOUT] "Tell me." [/BLACKOUT]

"Do you really want to know?"

[BLACKOUT] "More than anything." [/BLACKOUT]

"Alright..."

I push the hostage out of the way and punch him square in the face.

"Dr. 1337 banged your sister, lol!"

He hits the ground hard.

Nice job, Pete.

I turn around.

"Who said that?!"

Everyone just kind of stares at me. At least, more than they usually would at a guy in a spider costume punching out a He-Man villain.

"...nevermind."

I must be hearing things. I better get out of here. I run out the back door and shoot out a webline.

Crap, I've still got my history report to finish.

Remy LeBeau
gamble_gambit_mini_first_cover_02.jpg

A few months ago

I walked down the street hand in hand with Bella, she was my angel and meant absolutely everything to me. We were headed down to the pier to watch the sunset but there was a huge Anti-Mutant march downtown so it complicated things alot. I looked at her, she smiled widely and gave me a hug. I was disappointed because I'd promised her we'd go down to see the sunset before we left for Metropolis.

"Don't worry about it baby, We can go another time it doesn't matter does it? We have each other and that's all that matters.."

"I promised you I would Belle, you mean everything to me.. you left your family for me and the day I can't give you what you want is the day I stop being Remy LeBeau"

She chuckled and I walked her through the crowd to go down to the pier, people were pushing and shoving. Shouting abuse at me in the street, But I didn't care just as long as I was with her. A man stepped through the crowd grabbing me by my coat and looking me deep in my eyes, he shouted at the top of his voice "HE'S ONE OF THEM" and I was quickly sorounded on all sides.

"We don't want any trouble guys, just leave us be and no-one will get hurt."

"Remy.. Come on it doesn't matter! Let's just go darling, you're only making it worse lets get out of here!"

A group of bat wielding policemen stepped through and I heard a few insults thrown in my direction. "Mutie" "Freak" "Monster" I'd heard them all and worse of course, but I didn't want it infront of Bella. I pushed her behind me and four of the policemen stepped forward and started to attack me, I dodged all of their pathetic attemps to attack me and unarmed most of them. The crowd grew angry and started to through stuff, I dodged and watched as Bella got dragged off.

"No, leave her be! She's not even a mutant... Bella!"

I felt a heavy crack across my head and blood rushed down over my ears and into my eyes, I couldn't move and was pinned down, one of the policemen pulled a gun out of their holsters and pressed it against my forehead cocking it and smiling. He bent down next to me and looked me in the eye with an evil grin.

"You see that ****e of yours? She's going to die. Do you know why she's going to die.. Mr LeBeau? Because you've made some very very bad enemies, we know she isnt a mutant. But the fact that she's been... breeding... with one is disgusting."

He swings round and lets off his entire clip into her, I roared with anger and threw the men holding me off of me. I jumped over him and tried to rip the gun out of his hands but failed. He shot my point blank in the stomach and I fell to my knees..He stood over me once again and gave me the ever-present patronizing grin, blood pouring from my mouth I laugh and touch his body armour. It grows pink and he attempts to tear it off of him, of course he failed and it explodes... Blood splatters everywhere.

Two stumps of remain, splatters of blood over my face I drag my bleeding body over to lay ontop of Bella, slipping away she smiles.

"I'll see you again soon LeBeau, don't you die on me yet Beautiful"

Her eyes slowly faulter and tears run down my cheeks.

"Nooooo!!!!! Bella, Don't leave me!"

I was slowly losing consciousness and I smiled, At least If she died.. I'd go with her. Life isn't worth living on my own.

Today.

I stepped out of Larkham and got on my motorbike. Those ignorant ****s are going to pay for what they did to me, what they took from me.. I intend to make them suffer. And there's only one man who can help me achieve that.

IC: Connor Hawke

My name is Connor Hawke, at least that’s the one I go by. At this point in my life, my name isn’t who I am. My mother was Sylvia Hawke, and she told me that my dad had abandoned her. She died when I was eight years old. For the next four years, I was in and out of foster care, and it drove me nuts. Finally a man by the name of Richard Dragon took me in, and told me he was gonna teach me the ways of the world. We packed up and headed to Tibet, he introduced me to some Buddhist monks… they taught me a lot, over the next several years I became a black belt in several disciplines of the martial arts and well practiced meditation. That whole pacifism s**t, well that never clicked with me. All I really wanted was to bust some heads. When I was sixteen we came back to the states, and I wound up graduating with honors from high school and enrolling at StanfordUniversity. At twenty-two I got my degree in Political Science with an emphasis on foreign governments, and had only one goal in mind. I applied for a job with the CIA, and for months, I heard nothing. Then one day I received a letter. Plain white envelope, no return address.

Mr. Hawke,

We have noticed your application to be an agent of the CIA. Do not worry, it did not go unnoticed. However, we have determined that your talents are too impressive to be relegated to the CIA. We are offering you a job with a covert branch under the acronym of S.H.I.E.L.D. If you are interested, call this number: 650-574-4353. Order a pepperoni pizza, with extra cheese and popblano peppers. They will give you a location and time to pick up the pizza. Be there and you will be briefed. If you are not interested, you have two options. To actively decline our invitation, call the number and order a plain cheese pizza. Or just don’t respond at all. Hope to meet you in person soon.

Gabriel Jones, Director of Recruitment and Training - Strategic Hazard Intervention, Espionage and Logistics Directorate

Needless to say, it goes against my personal policy to do things the easy way, besides, I did like popblano peppers. I went to the rendezvous point that was given, and met personally with Agent Jones. I’ve been in training for the last year, and finally, I’m getting an official mission. A couple of months ago, they set me up as a new arms dealer to infiltrate an organization that’s been supplying arms to HYDRA. It only took me two months to get an invitation to their annual sales party onboard a private jet.

Connor was seated across from Maria Hill.

“Congratulations Agent Hawke, you have your first official non-recon mission. There’s a list in a safe on that plane. It’s a list of Hydra’s weapons suppliers in the States. It should be in a private safe. John in tech will give you the equipment you need. The mission is oriented around two goals. First, get that list. Second, once in the air we can’t allow that plane to land. The damage a loss of that many weapons dealers will cause Hydra is immense. Take the plane out any way you see fit. Its arms dealers, so take some weapons, they expect that. Good luck, Agent Hawke.”

“I’ll do my best, Lieutenant Director Hill. Thanks for the opportunity.”

Connor got up and went down the hallway to the tech office. John was waiting for him.

“LD Hill said you have some stuff for me?”

“Yeah, but just so you know, not every mission will have all this James Bond type s**t goin’ on. First this little ‘cell phone’ here is actually a safe cracker, in the battery. Pop that out, hold it to the keypad and boom. Open safe easy documents. This pager here? Enough plastique to at least put a sizeable hole in the fuselage of a plane. Better yet, could do significant damage to an engine. Lastly, this jacket, contains a parachute to get you the f**k outta there when that time comes.”

The party is today, I got here early, and these punks make me wanna throw up. All f**king high and mighty about the s**t that they do. So effing proud of the lives they take. Innocent people die because of them everyday, and these f**ks are proud of this. They walk up to me, vodka induced smiles already plastering their faces. Reeking of death and of drunkenness, they held out their hands to me. I put on a fake smile and shook their hands, using my alias of Greg Johnson to introduce myself. As the plane took off I counted the bastards in my head. Seventeen. Seventeen of the most dangerous, and most wanted people in the country. I pretended to drink, and indeed put on a good impression of being hammered as the plane hit cruising altitude and the presentations of the new weaponry started. I stumbled off, in search of the ‘bathroom’ but really looking for the safe. As everyone was in the main room for the power points, I found the safe, hidden in the overhead compartment, above the last seat of what would be the coach department in a standard jet. I popped open the battery compartment and popped out the safe cracker. Four seconds later, gears whirred and the locking mechanism activated. The safe opened and I grabbed the eight sheets of paper it held, shoving them into my right pocket.

“What the f**k are you doing?”

Oh s**t.

I turned around, and was looking right at one of the other arms dealers. A pig by name of Ivan Kozanawlski. Former KGB, came to America and set up his weapons trade shortly after the dissolution of the Soviet Union.

“I gotsh ta pee like a raysh horsh man! Where’sh the bathro*hic*m?”

I put on my best drunk impersonation, hoping he hadn’t seen me take the papers, as the safe had shut itself.

“Not up there and not back here. That’s not what you’re searching for. I want those papers back and I may kill you quickly.”

Oh well, like I said before… F**k the easy way, the hard way is more fun. I spun around and unholstered my pistol, an S&W 990L. Nothin fancy, but all that I need. Rounds were already chambered, and the safety clicked off in my hand.

“Drop the weapon Johnson. Before I make you regret that.”

Taking his advice, I dropped the gun to my feet and put my hands up. I pretended to back away, and in doing so ‘accidently’ kicked the gun as far from him as I could. In the split second that he looked away, I swept his legs from him with a kick, and grabbed the arm holding his own Glock. There was a satisfying crunch, followed by a brutal scream as his arm bent at the elbow, in the way that it shouldn’t. He dropped his gun and probably couldn’t think straight in the pain he was in. Knowing my cover was blown, I grabbed both guns. I took aim at the window across the hall and fired a round from each at it. There was a crack in the glass, but nothing more as some of the more inebriated members of the party rushed into the formerly empty section. Some were in the process of chambering rounds when the next two shots I fired shattered the glass. Another half a second and the pressurization of the cabin was gone, and people were dropping their weapons to try to hold onto anything to keep from getting sucked out. Myself, I really didn’t care, I had my safety valve in my jacket. Other less drunk goat f**kers were desperately trying to get to the parachutes at the front of the plane. I let go of the luggage compartment and activated the pager as I fell towards the hole in the wall. I used its magnetic hold as I flipped out of the plane, attaching it near the base of the wing. The window I took out was purposeful, I knew it would grant me that point to blow up. As I freefell through the air, I looked up in time to see the explosive detonate. The wing flew off and the severely damaged plane began to spin into its own desperate fall. I pulled the cord that doubled as a hood fastener and the ripcord for the chute, and drifted slowly back to earth. Hot damn that was fun.

Brooklyn, New York.

It feels good to be back in the old neighborhood. Even though it's changed so much from the last time I was here. Cashman's Deil was demolished and they put up some kind of nightclub in it's place, The empty lot I use to play stickball in has been turned into something called Starbucks, I don't know what a Starbucks is, But I doubt I'll find out today. Today I have a meeting with an old friend. I swing up onto a fire escape with agility and grace seen only in the olympics and do a summersault into a nearby window.

"Nick, It's good to see you again."

stevecaptainashieldfronyn6.jpg

It's been several weeks since, as the military calls it, 'The Incident,' or as the press calls it, 'The Battle for Earth.' And the world is still trying to heal. Not surprisingly, SHIELD was able to cover up the nuclear attack and keep it from the general public. The cover up was made easier by the fact that most were more concerned with healing from the devistation Zod had reigned down.

Pokolistan-Russian relations were in chaos. Zod had ripped the small country asunder with his coup. So many people had died on both sides. Even now the area is a volatile powder keg.

Chicago had cleaned up what was going to be the future site of the New Sears Tower. The city still hurts, but the people decided they weren't going to let Zod win.

Washington DC had taken some damage as well during the Superman/Zod fight. But now most of the damage had been repaired and, thankfully, no lives lost.

The tidal wave caused when Superman's body hit the ocean damaged coast lines in Eurpoe and Africa, and caused minor damage to the east coasts of both Americas. All totaled, Zod had directly or indirectly caused nearly four billion dollars in damage and taken 18,534 human lives.

The number still haunts me.

I've also been busy these last few weeks. It had taken some time for me to fully recover. And I had gladly spent those days back home with Joan. She hovered over me like I was on the verge of death, but no matter how much I wished she wouldn't, I never complained. We nealy lost the planet, and I was thankful for every moment we had together.

After recovering, I paid visits to everyone I could find. Superman, Zatanna in San Francisco, Olliver Queen in Star City, Ted in Gotham, Spider-Man in New York, and most recently Tony and Dinah. I even happened to run into Juggernaut down in Texas. Why he was in Texas he didn't say, although, honestly, he didn't say much except four letter words as he told me he wasn't interested. I even spoke to Batman again, but he was as indifferent, and frightening, as ever.

I told all of them the same thing. That soon, we would be meeting to create a new group of heroes to make sure that what happened would never happen again. And if they were interested, to meet at the old JSA Brownston here in Gotham on the specified day. And that day...

"...is today."

Garrick_ross.jpg

One bad day...

The body washed up on the shore it look dead. Suddenly the body stirred and begun to crawl forword. The rain started to poured heavily around him.

"he...hehe I feel funny" he throws the red mask off his head which lands in a puddle. "Whhhat's a matter with meee?" both of his hands land in a puddle. Lightning strikes showing off the man's face.

"Oh my....hahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahaha........"

Jokerkillingjoke.png

"....and now were back here on MSNBC with the continuing coverage of the mutant riots in Los Angles. Millions of property damages and the death toll has now reached twenty...." the channel changes to another news stations

"....this is CNN and we are showing you live coverage of a mutant protest group. Here we show the mutant leader stiriing anti-human...." a shot of the Lincoln Memorial with about a hundred people around and one at the top shouting.

"Brothers and sister we gather here today to support our new leader. He will lead us into a new age. He will defeat our human oppressors. He will prove that we are the rightful rulers of this planet and his name is...." the channel changes again showing a square with four different heads in it.

"...now back with Fox News and with us here today are Senator Robert Kelly"

"It's good to be here Bill"

"Reverend William Stryker"

"Bill"

"And mutant Dr. Henry McCoy"

"Thanks for having me Bill"

"Now let's start with you Senator. You are the main supporter of the Mutant Registration Bill I guess the question most people want to know is why?"

"Well these mutants have become very dangerous indivials. With more and more being born we need to keep track of..."

"What about the other metahumans?"

"Doctor..."

"People like Superman and Spider-Man have been showing up all over the world and you are not going to to anything with them?"

"Now..."

"Humans are afraid of what the mutants mean to the human race the end"

"Reverend you've been silent"

"These mutants are nothing but aboimations of the devil. They will be struck down with the filthy sinners in the firey pits of hell...."

"Reverend please calm down"

"The act is for keeping track the more dangerous mutants. The ones that have been causing trouble recently"

"You mean the devil incarnated himself..."

"Reverend please. You mean Magneto" the television turns off.

Toad turns off the television as Pyro walks into their Metropolis hideout with food. In the corner sits Magneto. He has decided that the time was nigh for the war to start. It would start here and end in Washington DC. He would show what the mutants where really capable of.

The year was 1996. A year no one in Keystone City would ever forget.

It wasn't because the Unibomber was found and arrested. Or because Clinton was re-elected as the President Of The United States Of America. Not even because possible evidence of life was found on Mars. No, the citizens of Keystone City had a much bigger reason to remember that year. But only one person would carry it with him for the rest of his life. The one person who watched his hero fall. The one person who's sense of innocence and fun would be forever tainted by the darkness of reality.

One person. One little boy. Facing a bright yellow storm. His name was Wallace West. But everyone better knew him as the junior partner of Keystone City's greatest champion.

The boy watched as his and the city's hero was thrown from the storm, before crashing onto the street just behind him. He was visibly weak. Visibly beaten beyond what any normal human could withstand. Yet he was willing to get up again, without hesitation, nor without resistance. Wally grinned, seeing it. Yeah! No one can take down The Flash! Nobody, no how!

Racing to his partner's side, Wally offered a helping hand as the masked figure looked up at him.

"W-W-Wally..."

Wally grabbed his arm, helping The Flash up as he grit his teeth in agony.

"Come on, Flash! You can take him!", The boy said, as confident as one could ever be in a situation like this. "We can take him!"

"N-No..."

Wally turned, his own masked face surprised at what his mentor had just said.

"But he's attacking the entire city! We have to beat him!", Kid Flash yelled, as the winds around them began to blow at the might of the yellow twister in Keystone Plaza.

"I... I will, Wally... But...", The Flash said, getting to his feet, before placing his hands on Wally's shoulders. "But I can't let you."

Kid Flash looked into his hero's eyes, confused.

"What?"

"I can't let you face him, kid. I... I just can't.", The Flash breathed back, looking at the twister with a face of dread.

"But... we're a team.", Kid Flash responded, in a hushed tone.

"Wally, listen. Listen to me carefully. Zoom's found a way to suck power from the Electrical Plant. He's... he's tapped into power I've never even seen before. But he's become too powerful. For either of us.", The Flash said. "I can barely take him on by myself."

"But... But that's why we need to fight him together.", Kid Flash said, with a smile, before it faded. "Right?"

"Not this time.", The Flash responded, kneeling down to Wally's eye level. "I don't want him to hurt you. Or worse, which he's fully capable of. You have too much to live for. Too much that Zoom can take away, if I let him."

The Flash reached up, pulling back his mask to reveal the face of Wally's uncle, Barry. Barry Allen, the police scientist who had been caught in an electrical accident only to gain superpowers to use for the benefit of mankind. Now, he was putting those powers to the ultimate test. And even he had to admit... He wasn't sure if that would be enough.

"I'm going to have to do something I could regret for the rest of my life,", Barry stated, with watered eyes as he looked back at his young protege. The boy who had believed in him so much. "But that doesn't mean that this has to die.", He continued, indicating the emblem on the chest of his costume. "No matter what happens today, I want you to remember that. I can die... I'm just a man. But The Flash never will.", Barry finished, with a slight smile as Wally hung on one word in particular.

D-...Die?

"You've been a brave kid, Wally. And an even braver partner. You're going to make one hell of a hero, one day.", Barry said, standing up and pulling his mask back on. "But take it from me... This is one battle you're going to need to sit out."

Barryallen-kitson.JPG

With a last smile, The Flash immediatley sped back into the battle, his unparalelled speed at it's peak. Wally could only watch as his hero disappeared into the storm. In some ways, He wanted to go after him. To tell him he was wrong, and help him stop Zoom just like they stopped numerous other criminals time and time again. It's a decision he regrets to this day... But Wally never did. He obeyed his mentor's words.

It would be the last time Wally would ever listen to the words of Barry Allen again.

"Oh, come on! You've gotta be kidding me!"

But now, there were other concerns on the mind of Wallace Rudolph West. He no longer worried about what diabolical plan that Gorilla Grodd would hatch next. Captain Boomerang was nothing but a faded memory to him. He didn't even care to know what The Trickster was doing, these days. Because now... right now... He had the worst possible obstacle ahead of him.

Trying to make it to a history seminar in time.

Wally struggled to get all of his books in order as he picked them up from the sidewalk infront of Central City University. He had overslept. Worse, he had overslept on the morning of the finals. He had told himself that he wouldn't do that the previous, but it was too late for that now. This is definatley the last time I ever take Garth's advice on using his alarm clock. How was I supposed to know that it was set to the Florida coast!?

Mentally cursing himself and his roomie out, Wally ran up the steps to the school, books in arm as he tried with all his might to beat the dreaded bell. HA! Fastest teen ALIVE!

Wally paused, realising the bell had just gone off. His grin faded to a frown.

...My ass.

Hanging his head, Wally sighed and dropped his books on the ground. What did it matter anymore, anyway? At this rate, he wasn't going to graduate. He probably wouldn't even make it to the awards ceremony on time. Sitting on the steps, Wally looked out at Central City ahead of him. Is it me, or did I just blow it even worse than last time? If that's even possible...

A couple of hours later, Wally opened the front door to his dorm, only to be greeted by Garth, who was laying on the couch.

"Dude! There you are! Where the hell have you been?!"

Wally looked at him, for a moment, before taking off his jacket and dropping it onto

"Ask your alarm clock.", Wally responded. "I'm sure it could tell you. I mean, hell, it seems to do everything but WAKE ME UP IN TIME!", Wally yelled, frustrated and annoyed as he plopped down on the couch next to Garth.

"Oh. Damn. I forgot to fix the Florida setting...", Garth stated, as Wally nodded, rubbing his forehead. "Sorry, bro."

Wally sighed.

"Nah. It's not your fault. I shouldn't have gone to Donna's party last night.", He responded.

"Well that's true."

Wally looked at him, further annoyed, before laying his head back on the couch.

"So what's your plan now? Gonna retake the class?"

Wally shook his head.

"Forget it. My life is over as we know it.", Wally said, looking back up. "At this point I'll be lucky to keep a job as a delivery boy."

"Or a janitor."

"..."

"... I'm... not helping, am I?"

Taking the remote, Wally turned on the television in attempt to ignore the day, so far.

"In other news, Billionaire Bruce Wayne landed in New York City, today, in effort to raise awareness of-"

Wally turned the channel.

"Yeah, yeah. He and every Angelina Jolie out there."

"The city of Metropolis was hit today by it's third wave of Intergang related attacks in the past week. Sources are saying that-"

"Organised crime? That's news?", Wally said to himself, turning the channel again.

As Wally turned the channel once more, one story in particular caught his eye. But immediatley, he turned it. Garth raised an eyebrow, noticing this.

"Wait. Turn it back."

Wally smirked, trying to hide his discomfort.

"It was probably just another crappy recap of last night's Letterman."

"No, seriously. It wasn't. Turn it back, I wanna see something."

Wally looked at him, for a moment, before turning it back.

"-olice force was unable to manhandle the escaped convict in 47 year old Leonard Snart, also known as Captain Cold. But thankfully they had aide, as the city's superpowered hero, The Flash, arrived just in time to put his foe on ice."

"Ugh. Ze puns. Zey are unbearable!", Garth jokingly yelled, looking at Wally. But seeing the look on Wally's face as the image of The Flash came up on the television screen, Garth's smile faded. "Hey, you alright?"

Wally didn't hear him, however. He was too fixated on the image infront of him. Of The Flash, staring back at him. It sent a chill down his spine. Worse, it filled him with a combination of resentment and sadness. One of which Garth immediatley noticed.

"Wally?"

Wally looked up, away from the TV.

"Huh? Wha?"

"You alright?"

Wally said nothing, for a moment.

"Yeah... Yeah, I'm good.", Wally said, finally changing the channel. Yeah... Good...

"Huh. You sure? You kinda seemed spaced out there, for a sec..."

Wally nodded.

"Yeah. Just... You know. The stuff this morning."

"Ah.", Garth replied. "You know, we should head out. Grab a bite with a couple of people... It'll get your mind off this stuff."

Wally smirked.

"Alright, but I'm picking the place. The last time I left it to you, you took us to the worst Sushi place this side of the country."

"Oh come on. Trust me. I already know where we'll go."

"Where?"

"Keystone. The Flash Museum. Linda said it had the best fishsticks in the state."

Wally immediatley paused, looking at Garth.

"Forget it."

"...What? Why-"

"Just pick somewhere else!"

Garth's eyes widened, as did Wally's, at his own tone.

"Um... Okay, then..."

Wally sighed.

"Look, I just... I mean, it's Keystone. It's like a thirty minute drive. I'd rather just hang around here, you know?"

Garth nodded.

"Yeah, I see what you mean."

Grabbing their coats, Wally and Garth headed out.

"You sure you're alright, man?"

Wally looked at Garth.

"We picking up Linda on the way?"

"Probably."

Wally smirked.

"Then yeah, I'm alright."

- - -

In Keystone City, however, one person wasn't. Wheeling his chair next to a computer, he began typing up the police report he had been given earlier. His legs had only moved slightly that day, but now, he couldn't feel anything again. And he hated it with a passion. His thoughts of hatred, however, were interrupted as a crimson blur flew into his office.

"Working late again, Barry?", He asked, turning to The Flash, who now stood behind him.

"Aren't I always, Hunter?", The Flash stated, pulling back his mask. "How's the report going?"

"Better than expected.", Hunter Zolomon responded. "Iris?"

"She's doing well.", Barry responded.

A silence draped over the two, before Barry finally spoke up once again.

"How are your legs?"

Hunter sighed.

"Still can't feel a damned thing. As usual."

Barry nodded, pulling his mask back on.

"I... um... I think I'm going to go back out for another run.", The Flash said, before turning.

"Barry?"

The Flash turned.

"Yes?"

Hunter wheeled his chair around, looking up at Barry with desperate eyes.

"There's something I want to talk about."

The Flash nodded.

"Of course.", He said. "What is it?"

Taking a newspaper from his desk, Hunter held it up, pointing to the picture in the top headline. The headline that read "FLASH MUSEUM TO OPEN NEW EXIBIT".

"It's about this."

725treadmill.gif

It was now the year 2006. A year no one in Keystone City would ever forget.

greenarrowlogoqy8.gif

wiegeabo said:
It's been several weeks since, as the military calls it, 'The Incident,' or as the press calls it, 'The Battle for Earth.' And the world is still trying to heal. Not surprisingly, SHIELD was able to cover up the nuclear attack and keep it from the general public. The cover up was made easier by the fact that most were more concerned with healing from the devistation Zod had reigned down.

Pokolistan-Russian relations were in chaos. Zod had ripped the small country asunder with his coup. So many people had died on both sides. Even now the area is a volatile powder keg.

Chicago had cleaned up what was going to be the future site of the New Sears Tower. The city still hurts, but the people decided they weren't going to let Zod win.

Washington DC had taken some damage as well during the Superman/Zod fight. But now most of the damage had been repaired and, thankfully, no lives lost.

The tidal wave caused when Superman's body hit the ocean damaged coast lines in Eurpoe and Africa, and caused minor damage to the east coasts of both Americas. All totaled, Zod had directly or indirectly caused nearly four billion dollars in damage and taken 18,534 human lives.

The number still haunts me.

I've also been busy these last few weeks. It had taken some time for me to fully recover. And I had gladly spent those days back home with Joan. She hovered over me like I was on the verge of death, but no matter how much I wished she wouldn't, I never complained. We nealy lost the planet, and I was thankful for every moment we had together.

After recovering, I paid visits to everyone I could find. Superman, Zatanna in San Francisco, Olliver Queen in Star City, Ted in Gotham, Spider-Man in New York, and most recently Tony and Dinah. I even happened to run into Juggernaut down in Texas. Why he was in Texas he didn't say, although, honestly, he didn't say much except four letter words as he told me he wasn't interested. I even spoke to Batman again, but he was as indifferent, and frightening, as ever.

I told all of them the same thing. That soon, we would be meeting to create a new group of heroes to make sure that what happened would never happen again. And if they were interested, to meet at the old JSA Brownston here in Gotham on the specified day. And that day...

"...is today."

Garrick_ross.jpg

I smell rubber burning and the squell of tires as my private jet lands at Archie Goodwin Internation Airport in Gotham City. The jet comes to a complete stop and I start to get out before my cell phone rings.

"Ollie's phone."

"Hey honey, It's Jesse."

"Oh I know who it is, baby. What's wrong?"

"It just called to see if you wer busy tonight, maybe we could have some fun?"

"Sorry, babe. I'm in Gotham right now. I'm on offical buissness from Queen Tech."

"Aww..."

"But I promise I'll make it up to you when I get back."

"Alright then, I gotta go. Bye."

"Bye."

I snap my flip phone shut and shake my head. These porn star babes are about as dumb as a rock. Maybe that's why I chased after Dinah Lance a few weeks ago. I'm so desperate for a meaning relationship, But seeing her with that pompus drunk Stark makes my blood boil. I get off the plane and I'm greeted by a man who looks like security and a mechanic.

"Welcome to Gotham, Mr. Queen. If you could just turn out your pockets."

The security screening for the private jets is extremely light. I reach down into my jeans and pull out my wallet and cell phone out of my pockets and smile. He runs a metal detector over my body, starting at my sunglass covered face, all the way down to my combat boots.

"Your clean."

He walks away and the mechanic's still there standing.

"Your the guy who called about the bike?"

"Yep, Did you build it to my specifications?"

"Sure did."

He walks off and returns a few mintues later riding it.

untitlednk8.png

"Nice. Thanks man."

"With the money you paid me, I should be thanking you."

I smile and get on it. He hands me a helmet and I pull it down over my head, zip up my leather jacket and kick start it. I pull out of the airport and head towards that adress Flash gave me a few weeks ago.

I park my bike outside the Brownstone and take off my helmet. It looks like I'm the first to arrive. I head up the steps and knock on the door.

"Hey Flash, Mr. Silver Haired Speedster. Are you home?"

The distinguished, balding gentleman walks into the room and looks around. But he sees no one. "Master Bruce?"

Alfred Pennyworth walks into another room. "Master Bruce?" Still no response. The loyal butler enters a third room in the large penthouse condominium. "Master-"

"Up here, Alfred." Alfred grabs his chest, startled. He looks up and sees me hanging from a rafter by the knees like a trapeeze artist hangs.

"My word, Master Bruce. Whatever are you doing up there?"

"Working on my abs, Alfred." I squeeze my body upwards again, arms tight against my chest. "Two thousand, four hundred, eighty-six."

"I did not think vanity among your various characteristics."

"Ha ha. A strong center improves balance and focus. And it really helps when taking a punch." A squeeze my body again.

"Who could ever lay a hand on you, sir?" Alfred asks as he turns away and walks over to the kitchen area.

"One can never be too careful." Two thousand, four hundred, ninety-one.

"Will you be going out tonight, sir?"

"That's the plan. I'll take a nap for a couple of hours, then hit the town."

"You mean, Bruce Wayne will 'hit the town' again?"

"No, Bruce has gone out every night since I've gotten here. It's time to explore New York, for the first time."

"I see. Is there anything particular you would like for dinner, sir?"

"Something hearty, Alfred. I have a feeling it will be a long night. Two thousand, five hundred!"

I hear Alfred make noise in the kitchen. I grab rafter with my hands, unhook my legs, and swing by my hands a couple of times. As I hit the right position on a downswing with the right momentum, I release and tuck my body tightly. One, two, three! I land perfectly, hands outstretched for balance like a gymnast.

I grab a towel and start wiping the sweat off my body. I walk into the kitchen. "I've got to get Dick to teach my that quadruple he does. I just can't seem to get it."

"You mean there is something you can't do?" Alfred says with mock surprise.

"For now."

Alfred continues to cook as I grab a glass of juice. "You do realize that tomorrow is the day?"

I pick up a newspaper. "Yes," I say nonchalantly.

"Are you going, sir?"

"Like I told the Flash, it's not for me. I have to protect Gotham."

"Which is why you are in New York City."

I throw Alfred a withering stare. "I'm not going."

"So you have said. I finally heard back from Mr. Osborne's office. They can setup a meeting for next week if you are still interested."

"Oh, I'm more than interested. Someone is giving me a bad name."

"Vanity again?"

"If the criminals think that I am one of them, then the symbol of the Bat will have no power in Gotham. The fear will be gone. And if this pretender hit Osborne once, he may do it again." I drop the paper and walk out of the room. "I'm taking a shower."

Yes, more than interested.

supermanlogo.gif

"WHAT?!"

I think my ears are ringing again. Of course, by Lois' tone, I doubt that would even register right now.

We came back from reporting the plane incident, only to have our investigation on the docks moved to page 9. While I'm a bit disappointed, I won't lose any sleep over it. Especially since it's an ongoing piece. Lois, however, takes it as an insult, considering who made the front page.

"Perry, for the love of god, you can't be serious!"

Perry looks at her, cleaning out his own ears in response to her tantrum.

"Look, Lane, I know you don't like the guy, but he sells papers. And incase you haven't heard, selling papers is what we specialise in. We're going through with that story tommorow whether you like it or not.", Perry responds.

"But Chief-"

He gives her a stern look. I smile, a little, remembering my first day here. Particularly the whole "Dont Call Me Chief" ordeal...

"-Perry, look. Don't give me that "He's a big star" bull that you give everyone else whenever we run a story on him. You and I both know he's nothing but a money grabbing attention wh-"

"-And that is precisely why we're printing it. He gets attention. The paper gets attention. Everybody wins."

Lois crosses her arms.

"Yeah, everybody but Superman."

I look up, eyebrow raised. I'm no fan of who they're putting on the cover story either, particularly after our last confrontation. But I really couldn't care less about snubbing him out for the front page. I don't do what I do for the glory. I just wish I could make people understand that.

"Superman will live. For once in the past week he gets a break from the front page, anyway. He probably doesn't even read the paper in the first place.", Perry responds.

Suddenly Lois looks up, with a concerned look on her face.

"You don't thnk he reads my articles?"

I smile, but immediatley put the 'boring face' back on as Perry looks at me. I've dealt with this for the past year or so, but it isn't any less awkward; Hearing about myself without being able to comment, especially in regards to Lois' obvious crush on me. For once, I wish I could say something.

"I'm sure he does, Lois.", I finally say.

Lois looks at me, somewhat unamused.

"Well, at least someone in the room is on my side.", She says, looking at Perry.

"Look, Lane, I've already told you. This isn't personal... It's buisness. We're running the story, and that's final.", Perry finishes, placing the headline infront of us.

___
dailyp_logo.gif

LUTHOR NAMED AMERICA'S MOST INFLUENTIAL
Metropolis Born Billionaire Outranks Gotham's Wayne And New York's Iron Man For TIME Magazine's Yearly List By Cat Grant

82742luthor.bmp

___​

I have to say, even seeing the man's picture makes my skin crawl. But I didn't vote on that list, so I guess my opinion lacks validility. But if he's really as influential as they say, I can honestly say that I fear for the future of the world.

Something tells me Lois would agree, from the look on her face.

"At least Superman's decent to look at.", She says, in digust.

Wait... Decent?

I ignore that as Lois leaves the office. I turn to Perry. We're both silent for a number of minutes.

"I'll... um... talk to her."

Perry shakes his head.

"Don't bother, Kent. Just take my word for it and don't bother."

Standing up, I walk out of the room myself, before passing Lois. She grabs her coat and begins to put it on.

"Where are you going?", I ask.

"What are you, my mother?", She responds.

I look at her, putting on the 'confused' look. I think I'm starting to get the hang of the mannerisms for around the office that Ma and Pa taught me.

"I'm just going out for a walk. Come with?", She asks.

I begin to answer, when I suddenly realise something. Today. Today's the day. The day that Flash came to me about, a week ago. If I'm to get to Gotham by the time he specified, I should get moving within the next few minutes. And I can't miss it, of course...

"Going to have to take a raincheck, I'm afraid.", I said. "I just remembered that I need to meet someone."

"Let me guess. You finally got a woman in this city to date you?", Lois says, a little amused.

I smirk.

"No, I'm still holding out for when you come around, Lois."

Her amusement fades, well... faster than a speeding bullet.

"You're a sick man, Kent."

"I try."

As she leaves, I sit down at my desk, pretending to begin work. Looking back, I watch as she steps into the elevators. By the time the elevator doors close, I'm already out of the office and to the janitor's closet. I'm really going to have to find an easier method for this. But for now...

actionpanel0ic.jpg

I've got an appointment in Gotham City to keep.

So many memories

As I walk through the rooms of the Brownstone I am once again overwhelmed. So many things I had remembered, so many things forgotten that now come back to me.

It had been years since I had last stepped foot in the old building. Since the JSA had locked up for the last time and split up on our own paths. We had hoped that the Brownstone would never be needed again. But we were wrong.

Coming here with Dinah had been my first time back. Everything was thick with dust and age, the smell of history permeating the air. And now, here I am again.

I walk passed a picture and stop myself. I look at it. The JSA and the Invaders. It was Bucky's camera. He had been willing to take it, but Steve wouldn't hear of his friend not being in the shot. So another war photographer had taken the shot.

The next week, we lost Steve. Not long after, the war ended. I stand and stare for who knows how long. A lot of good men gave their lives in the war, and no matter how many we saved, it never seemed like enough. Steve is still the only superpowered person to ever receive the Congressional Medal of Honor. Posthumously.

And now Steve is back. I was so happy when I heard the news, but that faded once I heard that he was working for Lex Luthor. I shake my head. I've heard stories about Luthor from reliable sources. He's not nearly as clean as most people think. And his attacks against Superman...that was enough for me.

I hear a knock. "Hey Flash, Mr. Silver Haired Speedster. Are you home?"

I smirk. That unmistakable voice shaking me out of my bittersweet fog. I don't really know the man, but I no enough. Oliver Queen may come off as a smug, competitive, and sometimes petty billionaire. But the Green Arrow is a hero through and through.

I'm downstairs in a flash, and groan at my own pun. I open the door. "Well, look who the cat dragged in."

I grab his hand in a firm shake. "Good to see you Ollie."

greenarrowlogoqy8.gif

wiegeabo said:
So many memories

As I walk through the rooms of the Brownstone I am once again overwhelmed. So many things I had remembered, so many things forgotten that now come back to me.

It had been years since I had last stepped foot in the old building. Since the JSA had locked up for the last time and split up on our own paths. We had hoped that the Brownstone would never be needed again. But we were wrong.

Coming here with Dinah had been my first time back. Everything was thick with dust and age, the smell of history permeating the air. And now, here I am again.

I walk passed a picture and stop myself. I look at it. The JSA and the Invaders. It was Bucky's camera. He had been willing to take it, but Steve wouldn't hear of his friend not being in the shot. So another war photographer had taken the shot.

The next week, we lost Steve. Not long after, the war ended. I stand and stare for who knows how long. A lot of good men gave their lives in the war, and no matter how many we saved, it never seemed like enough. Steve is still the only superpowered person to ever receive the Congressional Medal of Honor. Posthumously.

And now Steve is back. I was so happy when I heard the news, but that faded once I heard that he was working for Lex Luthor. I shake my head. I've heard stories about Luthor from reliable sources. He's not nearly as clean as most people think. And his attacks against Superman...that was enough for me.

I hear a knock. "Hey Flash, Mr. Silver Haired Speedster. Are you home?"

I smirk. That unmistakable voice shaking me out of my bittersweet fog. I don't really know the man, but I no enough. Oliver Queen may come off as a smug, competitive, and sometimes petty billionaire. But the Green Arrow is a hero through and through.

I'm downstairs in a flash, and groan at my own pun. I open the door. "Well, look who the cat dragged in."

I grab his hand in a firm shake. "Good to see you Ollie."

"Same here, Jay. Seems like it was yesterday that your were pulling me like a pack mule while I tried to hold down my lunch and take potshots at an alien despot hell bent on taking over Earth. Good times."

He lets me in and I look around.

"Hmm, some throw pillows and a little lighting. This place could be liveable, dare I say. Cheerful. So I'm the first to arrive huh? Well at least I get to check out the menagire of men dressed in underoos and tights."

I throw him a sarcastic smile and wonder what exactly I've gotten myself into."

byrd_man said:
greenarrowlogoqy8.gif

"Same here, Jay. Seems like it was yesterday that your were pulling me like a pack mule while I tried to hold down my lunch and take potshots at an alien despot hell bent on taking over Earth. Good times."

"You say that like we do it everyday. Hmm, now that I think about it, I used to."

byrd_man said:
He lets me in and I look around.

"Hmm, some throw pillows and a little lighting. This place could be liveable, dare I say. Cheerful. So I'm the first to arrive huh? Well at least I get to check out the menagire of men dressed in underoos and tights."

I throw him a sarcastic smile and wonder what exactly I've gotten myself into."

"You're lucky Wildcat's not here. He'd punch you square in the jaw for saying that. Then he'd agree with you and offer you a few beers."

I laugh at the thought of one of my oldest friends. Even though he said he wouldn't, I hope he does come. It may be good to have Ted train the recruits, as he called them, but it would be better having him out in the field as well.

"First one here. Always though billionaires arrived fashionably late myself."

greenarrowlogoqy8.gif

wiegeabo said:
"You say that like we do it everyday. Hmm, now that I think about it, I used to."

"You're lucky Wildcat's not here. He'd punch you square in the jaw for saying that. Then he'd agree with you and offer you a few beers."

I laugh at the thought of one of my oldest friends. Even though he said he wouldn't, I hope he does come. It may be good to have Ted train the recruits, as he called them, but it would be better having him out in the field as well.

"First one here. Always though billionaires arrived fashionably late myself."

"Well, unlike the other billionaire playboys. My home's on the west coast. The soon I get here and rub some elbows, The sooner I get going and back to Star. Who's all on the list anyway? Did you invite Xavier and his merry band of mutants? How about Jim Bean...I mean Tony Stark?"

supermanlogo.gif

After what seems like an endless blur of buildings and skyscrapers below me, I finally reduce my speed of flight upon entering Gotham City. The Flash told me to meet him and the other recruits at the old Justice Society Brownstone building... Wherever that is. I smile to myself, thinking about this. We're really going to do this. Put our efforts together and form a team for the benefit of mankind, I mean. For once, I actually feel like I'm contributing to something rather than being persecuted for it.

I look around at the city, mid-flight. Gotham is... well, it's not as bright or spectacular as Metropolis. Just as big, it seems, but definatley not as bright. Probably fitting, considering all I've heard about it's crime and corruption through the articles at the Planet.

Hmm. I've heard that this is the city that The Batman protects. Makes sense, since this is also the city that The Wayne family was killed in, years ago. And Bruce Wayne... well, is Batman, as I learned from our encounter during the Hulk incident in Star City.

I really should go and try to find him... Maybe even extend an invitation to this meet I'm heading to. Even though he doesn't have any powers, from what I've seen. But if The Green Arrow and Iron Man have taught me anything, it's that special powers and abilities don't define a hero. And if Batman... Bruce Wayne, whatever he wants to be called, can withstand a place like this... He's probably more of a hero than I realise.

But then again, I'm probably late enough as it is; Who knows how many members have already arrived. I should just focus on finding the place.

I think back to Ma and Pa, when I was a kid. When they first discovered my abilities. They told me that one day, I'd make a big difference in the world. That I'd take to the skies and everyone would look up to see it. I didn't think that anyone would, after the things Lex Luthor said about me when Zod was still causing panic. But now I may get to. And with a team of other costumed individuals, no less.

Wow. I'm already getting too excited for this. I should just focus and see how this first meet goes before I start daydreaming about leading some sort of League...

After scanning the city with my x-ray vision, I finally find it. The Justice Society's headquarters. I remember reading about it in comic books I used to get when I was a teenager. Had the original members being led by Captain America. Looking at it now, it's sort of odd to think that it's real. But it's right infront of me.

Alright, Clark. Focus. Hopefully if this works out, you'll be fighting with a full on team to save the world.

I float down to the door, atop the steps. It's like a comic panel come to life. I'm still unsure if I should just knock, or float up to a window. But The Flash strikes me as a man of hospitality. And I am a farmboy from Kansas... So, I guess that makes me one too.

Knocking once, I don't even bother to check the door with my x-ray vision. I simply watch as the door opens, and smile. This is it. We're finally going to do this.

"I hope I'm not too late."

byrd_man said:
Brooklyn, New York.

It feels good to be back in the old neighborhood. Even though it's changed so much from the last time I was here. Cashman's Deil was demolished and they put up some kind of nightclub in it's place, The empty lot I use to play stickball in has been turned into something called Starbucks, I don't know what a Starbucks is, But I doubt I'll find out today. Today I have a meeting with an old friend. I swing up onto a fire escape with agility and grace seen only in the olympics and do a summersault into a nearby window.

"Nick, It's good to see you again."

stevecaptainashieldfronyn6.jpg

"Believe me, the feeling's mutual...Captain."

Nick Fury grinned widely. It was all he could do not to stand at attention and salute the man, but he had appearances to keep up. After all, Colonel Fury had technically out-ranked Captain America for almost fifty years now. Still, the sheer presence of the man was amazing, every bit as impressive as he was over sixty years ago.

"I realize that being here will make us late for the Flash's meeting....but not too late. We've already got some transportation standing by that'll have us in Gotham within the hour. Till then, we've got some matters to discuss."

The Colonel reached into his jacket, pulling out two cigars.

"Smoke?"

Andy C. said:
"Believe me, the feeling's mutual...Captain."

Nick Fury grinned widely. It was all he could do not to stand at attention and salute the man, but he had appearances to keep up. After all, Colonel Fury had technically out-ranked Captain America for almost fifty years now. Still, the sheer presence of the man was amazing, every bit as impressive as he was over sixty years ago.

"I realize that being here will make us late for the Flash's meeting....but not too late. We've already got some transportation standing by that'll have us in Gotham within the hour. Till then, we've got some matters to discuss."

The Colonel reached into his jacket, pulling out two cigars.

"Smoke?"

I shake my head and smile.

"Now come on, Nick. Even back in the day when smoking was cool, I didn't smoke. So what's up? I hope it's news of a promotion. I've been a Captain for 60 years now."

byrd_man said:
"Well, unlike the other billionaire playboys. My home's on the west coast. The soon I get here and rub some elbows, The sooner I get going and back to Star. Who's all on the list anyway? Did you invite Xavier and his merry band of mutants? How about Jim Bean...I mean Tony Stark?"

"Xavier? Who's Xavier?" And then the rest of his comment hit home. The not even close to subtle swipe at Tony. "Yes, Tony has been invited," I say with some heat in my voice. "As has Black Canary, Superman, and several others."

Master Bruce said:
supermanlogo.gif

Knocking once, I don't even bother to check the door with my x-ray vision. I simply watch as the door opens, and smile. This is it. We're finally going to do this.
Ollie hasn't even been here for five minutes before there is another knock at the door. "Want to guess who it is?"

I open the door, and standing before me is a sight to behold. The man stands there with an easy smile on his face, like a boyscout, as if he hadn't just survived being within the center of a nuclear explosion a few weeks earlier. Just his very presence shouts the word 'Hero.' I only know a handful of people who can do that.

Master Bruce said:
"I hope I'm not too late."

I shake his hand firmly, and put my free hand on his shoulder. "Absolutely not, son. Welcome to the Brownstone." I lead him into the same room Ollie stands looking at some of the JSA's trophies.

"I don't think you two met. Olliver Queen, Superman. Superman, meet the Green Arrow."

byrd_man said:
I shake my head and smile.

"Now come on, Nick. Even back in the day when smoking was cool, I didn't smoke. So what's up? I hope it's news of a promotion. I've been a Captain for 60 years now."

"Ah, same old Cap. You really think I'd give up the idea of pulling rank on you?" Fury said, grinning as he put away the second cigar.

"Anyway, I'm not here so the two of us can play catch-up; we can do that after the meeting. What I'm asking for here is a little cooperation. I know that you're probably a little more cautious after getting suckered by Lex Luthor, but I assure you, I am not Lex Luthor.

"As we both know, our old pal Jay is getting a group together in Gotham, some kind of new JSA. Thing is, after the Darkseid invasion and Zod's attacks in the US and Pokolistan, a lot of the people upstairs are worried that things are getting out of control. The American people need to know that their government is taking steps to protect them. And the American government needs to know that the people who are protecting them can be trusted."

Fury lit his cigar, and took in a deep puff.

"After what I did to end the fight against Zod, there's no way that Flash and the others will trust me. But they'll sure as hell trust you, Captain. You and the old Society go way back, and from what I've seen, you haven't changed a bit. In a few days' time, some elements of S.H.I.E.L.D. are going public, and I need you to be the liasion between Flash's new group and mine. Not spying, not going behind anyone's backs. We need to know we can trust them, and they need to know they can trust us.

"After all, if you can't trust the United States government, who can you trust?"

The Colonel extended his hand, waiting for the Captain's response.

Andy C. said:
"Ah, same old Cap. You really think I'd give up the idea of pulling rank on you?" Fury said, grinning as he put away the second cigar.

"Anyway, I'm not here so the two of us can play catch-up; we can do that after the meeting. What I'm asking for here is a little cooperation. I know that you're probably a little more cautious after getting suckered by Lex Luthor, but I assure you, I am not Lex Luthor.

"As we both know, our old pal Jay is getting a group together in Gotham, some kind of new JSA. Thing is, after the Darkseid invasion and Zod's attacks in the US and Pokolistan, a lot of the people upstairs are worried that things are getting out of control. The American people need to know that their government is taking steps to protect them. And the American government needs to know that the people who are protecting them can be trusted."

Fury lit his cigar, and took in a deep puff.

"After what I did to end the fight against Zod, there's no way that Flash and the others will trust me. But they'll sure as hell trust you, Captain. You and the old Society go way back, and from what I've seen, you haven't changed a bit. In a few days' time, some elements of S.H.I.E.L.D. are going public, and I need you to be the liasion between Flash's new group and mine. Not spying, not going behind anyone's backs. We need to know we can trust them, and they need to know they can trust us.

"After all, if you can't trust the United States government, who can you trust?"

The Colonel extended his hand, waiting for the Captain's response.

"Sounds alright to me."

I shake Nick's hand and smile. It's a chance to work with the US Goverment and not be Luthor's whipping boy, damn I was stupid to listen to him.

"I think we better get to Gotham on the double. Are we going in one of those fancy Helicarrier, or just be airdropped from a B-52 like the good ole days?"

supermanlogo.gif

wiegeabo said:
I open the door, and standing before me is a sight to behold. The man stands there with an easy smile on his face, like a boyscout, as if he hadn't just survived being within the center of a nuclear explosion a few weeks earlier. Just his very presence shouts the word 'Hero.' I only know a handful of people who can do that.

I shake his hand firmly, and put my free hand on his shoulder. "Absolutely not, son. Welcome to the Brownstone." I lead him into the same room Ollie stands looking at some of the JSA's trophies.

"I don't think you two met. Olliver Queen, Superman. Superman, meet the Green Arrow."

...Oliver Queen? The billionaire from Star City? He's the Green Arrow? Wow. I guess it goes to show that every non-powered hero has to have a bit of a financial backing. Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark come to mind...

"Actually we have. Though not formally. He was part of the resistance against Darkseid's invasion a couple of months ago, in New York.", I say.

I extend my hand.

"Your work was quite impressive that day, Mr. Queen. I'd be honored to work with you again."

I quickly notice that he's the only one here, besides Flash. I hope that changes, soon. I'm eager to meet anyone else that's willing to aid in the cause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"