"One Universe" Marvel & DC Crossover RPG Season II: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneUniverseRPG

Civilian
Reaction score
pitts2003program-perez-one-.png
"One Universe" banner made by twylight

This RPG is similar to almost all others on Superhero Hype boards, except in this continuity, both the Marvel and DC universes are merged as "One Universe".

In the past year, many new champions of the world have been born. Superman, The Last Son Of Krypton. Batman, The Guardian Of Gotham City. Spider-Man, New York's Webbed Wonder. Daredevil, Hell's Kitchen's Man Without Fear. But just as many threats to mankind have arisen in wake of the heroes' spawning. The heroes' first obstacle came when Oliver Queen's benefit party in Star City was disrupted by The Incredible Hulk. Heroes such as Superman, The Fantastic Four, Batman, and Iron Man found difficulty in defeating the beast, but they eventually won out, setting the seeds for a possible forging of allieances. However, Earth's first superpowered danger on a global scale came in the form of Darkseid, an Apokoliptian ruler bent on enslaving Earth and it's inhabitants. Defeated by Reed Richards and many other of Earth's heroes, Darkseid was encased in another demension. With the heroes having defeated the alien warlord, all seemed well... For a short time. But when General Zod, an insane superpowered Kryptonian survivor with Superman's powers, broke free of The Phantom Zone... All was seemingly lost as the monster wreaked havoc upon America in search of the son of Jor-El. But it was The Flash, Jay Garrick, who won the day by inspiring Superman to fight back, resulting in a collosal battle for the fate of the world. The battle ended with Zod's death at the hands of a kryptonite radiation, and the earth was saved once more. With the heroes having defeated the world's greatest threats, the year came to an end, with the formation of a new, powerful super-team, dedicated to protecting all of mankind; Superpowered or not.

How will the past year affect the present? What dangers will the superheroes oppose as they grow within their roles as Earth's guardians? How many new heroes and villains will emerge?

Welcome to "One Universe", The Marvel and DC Crossover RPG: Season II.

Founder & Gamemaster: Olcanucklehead
Assistant Gamemaster: Red X
Moderator: Johnny Blaze
Moderator: Master Bruce

Volunteers for Gamemasters and Mods are no longer being accepted at this time.

RULES
  • You may choose any character from both universes, but no custom or Amalgam characters such as Darkclaw or Super Soldier will be allowed.
  • All characters can interact with each other, it is the same universe.
  • Characters from alternate time lines are allowed but must be approved.
  • No Killing. Unnamed, faceless NPC's may be killed, but not major characters, or taken characters. Someone else may want to take up the character, or they may be important to another story.
  • You can go anywhere within the galaxy except planets already known to be destroyed, such as Krypton, although if you have the ability you may visit the ruins or asteroids.
  • You are your character, so act like it. Talk like them, use their dialouge. Do not exaggerate your powers, or pop-up here and there without explanation. BE Your character.
  • Several stories can be going at once, and you have the freedom to interact with other characters.
  • You must post at least once every two weeks, though it is preferred that you post more. If you go two weeks without a post without prior notice, your character is up for grabs.
  • Be serious, no slander, or impractical actions from your character. Example; "I found a crystal and now I own the world! You're all my slaves!"
  • Due to this being the second season, certain characters may be reserved for a certain player. If a character is applied for, and it is reserved, a gamemaster or moderator will tell you.
  • Due to inactivity and uncertainty, all players from the previous season will have to re-apply for their character(s). You may copy/paste posts from Season one to use as sample posts. However, you will still have to re-apply with the new applications.
  • And of course, all regular rules of the Hype apply.
  • Have fun.
_______________​

Be anyone you want to be!

___

To apply for a character, please fill out the application below:

"One Universe" RPG SEASON II SIGN-UP FORM

Screen Name:

Character you would like to play:

Powers:

Brief biography of the character's history:

Three reasons why you have chosen that character:

What can you bring to this game?:

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech:

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least 1 line of dialogue):

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?:

___

ROSTER

HEROES

Aquaman
trustyside-kick

Batgirl (Barbara Gordon)
Eddie Brock Jr.*

Batman
wiegeabo*

Captain America
Syn (Mercenary)*

The Flash (Barry Allen)
Byrd Man*

The Flash (Jay Garrick)
wiegeabo*

Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)
Blacklight*

Harvey Dent
Keyser Soze*

Iron Man
Matt Murdock*

Kitty Pryde
Green Lantern*

Moon Knight
Oh Snap!*

Nightcrawler
Carnage27

Robin (Dick Grayson)
Master Bruce*

The Silver Surfer
Johnny Blaze*

Spider-Man
Master Bruce*

Superman
Byrd Man*

Wolverine
Logan Howlett

WALKING THE LINE

Deadpool
Blacklight*

Hawkeye
Oh Snap!*

VILLAINS

Black Adam
Cyrusbales

Brother Blood
Green Lantern*

Count Luchino Nefaria
bkhedr

Doctor Doom
Johnny Blaze*

Eddie Brock
Matt Murdock*

Electro
Electro UK*

The Joker
Karem-Knight

Scarecrow (Jonathan Crane)
Keyser Soze*

[BLACKOUT]Zoom (Hunter Zolomon)[/BLACKOUT]
Syn (Mercenary)*

* = Two character player

* = Player on notice.
These are people who have posted below or on the 7 post mark and/or have been absent from game play a week or longer.
After another week they will be taken off the roster and they can re-apply for their character again.

Having trouble with choosing a character? Try these suggestions:

Heroes
Villains

New to RPGing?

Screen Name
Green Lantern

Character you would like to play Connor Hawke, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. codename Arrow

Powers: None. Normal human, but extremely skilled in martial arts and is among the best shots in the world.

Brief biography of the character's history: Connor was an orphan, raised by Richard Dragon. During his young child hood, he and Richard lived and trained with Tibetan monks. They returned to America in time for Connor to attend and graduate from both High School and college.

I wanted a character I could reinvent as a spy.

2. I'm a bit partial to the Arrow family and Connor was the only one not established yet.

3. MB convinced me to join this RPG.

What can you bring to this game?: People seem to like my RPing in the other games I'm part of. :o

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: VERDANA Bold

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: as many as needed...

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in: I made my way down to the firing range, headphones firmly nestled in my ears as I listened to Drowning Pool, namely the song that made them big, "Bodies" Great song to blow off steam too, and right now things just aren't goin' the way I want them too, so I need it.

At the line, I checked my clips. Both guns had a full magazine. I knew that, just wanted to be sure. There was only one other guy down here, and he was looking at me funny. Probably because I had headphones rather than the typical earmuffs. Oh well.

I don't bother to aim, I just put my hands out holding the pistols, and quickly squeezed the triggers. Two holes appeared in the target right where his pupil's should have been. Just how I wanted it.

The other guy was watching me intently now. His mouth opened, and he said something. I couldn't hear most of it over the music, but the words "Really f**king impressive" made it through. I ignored it and threw the guns in the air. I watched them flip end over end, and crossed my arms to catch each with the opposite hand it had been in. They fell to rest in my hands and I squeezed the triggers again, no new holes appeared in the target, but the two original ones widened slightly as two more bullets went through them. I subtley glanced at the other guy, and his expression was one of amazement. I couldn't help but smirk a little. I put my left hand behind my back and squeezed off another shot with my right, this one going right between the eyes. Then I turned around just enough to be able to shoot the target with my other gun, putting a hole right where the heart of the target would have been.

The other guy was coming my way, so as a courtesy I pulled out the earbuds.

"Now you're just f**king showing off, you bastard."

"Nah, just blowin off some steam. You think this is good, you should see me with a bow and arrows."

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?

No, I've been a member for three years, and have an avatar, but NO idea how to post pictures :o

Screen Name:
Master Bruce

Character you would like to play: Superman

Powers: Superman posesses the ability of flight, x-ray vision, heat vision, artic breath, super strength, endurance, super speed, and super hearing.

Brief biography of the character's history: When the advanced civilisation of the planet known as Krypton was put into danger, it's top scientist rocketed his only son off the planet in a desperate attempt to preserve the dying race. Landing on Earth, the craft that carried the infant was found by a loving farming couple. Renamed Clark Kent, the boy grew up in Smallville, Kansas, where he discovered that he had abilities far beyond those of normal men. Told of his heritage many years later, the boy set out on a worldwide quest for answers, while discreetly using his powers to help other people. Taking up journalism while on his venture, Clark eventually returned to the US, and applied for a job at the top newspaper in the world: The Daily Planet, of Metropolis. Getting the job, Clark soon learned that he had a need to continue on with helping other people with his otherworldly abilities. The Kents, sewing him a costume and helping him invent a mild mannered persona with a pair of thick glasses, watched as their son left Smallville to persue his career in journalism. When moving to Metropolis, Clark encountered Lois Lane, the top reporter of the Daily Planet. But during an assignment covering Lex Luthor and Wilson Fisk's company merging, Clark was forced to reveal his new identity to the world, and thus, a hero was born. Dubbed "Superman" by Lane, Clark now continues to lead a double life of secrecy, both as the mild mannered reporter, and Champion of Tommorow.

I played him all through last season. From beginning to end. That's a rare thing for me to be able to say. What's rarer is that I got to play him from before he put on the tights, to his first real victory against a largert than life threat. I'm not about to hand him over to someone else... There's at least 60 more years of history I've barely even acknowledged.

2. Superman is the ultimate superhero. He was the first, He spawned many others, and he's still a great character to this day.

3. I want to explore more of the character's history, aswell as better blending him into the "One Universe" angle.

What can you bring to this game?: Hopefully enjoyable writing, good interaction, and kick ass, over the top flight battles.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Bold Blue Verdana for Superman, Blue Verdana for Clark Kent.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: Depends on how fast the game is moving. But I'd say once or twice.

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in:

Master Bruce said:
This has been... well, one heck of a year. I still remember how I started it: In Africa, wrestling lions and flying over heards of zebra. How that went from me coming back to America, landing a job at the top newspaper in the world, and making a new identity for myself... I'll never know. But it's been a whirlwind ever since. With the Hulk's attack in Star City, Darkseid's invasion, Zod... I've meet some of the strangest people yet. Both good and bad. But then again, I'm a bit of a hypocrite for saying that. After all, some of them weren't capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound.

There are still some worries. Whether Lex Luthor's true colors will ever show. What that means for Metropolis, even the world. Whether they'll ever trust me, or what I'll have to do to earn it. Whether or not I'll ever be able to truly fit in.

But, all of this has also made me realise something, aswell. Something I used to lie awake at night, thinking about. All going back to that dream I had, about when I was sent here. With my biological parents. They told me not to forget that I'd ever be alone... And at the time, I didn't believe them. But people like Flash, Fury, Luke Cage, Oliver Queen, Spider-Man, Batman, Reed Richards and The Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Jimmy, Perry, Ma and Pa, and especially Lois have all taught me something very important: I am no longer alone.

A smile comes across my face, as I type the same out on the screen ahead. It's not part of Clark Kent's side of the story of course, But I'm using it as a quote for Superman. I get up from my desk, and casually walk out of the room, towards the nearest janitor's closet.

Maybe some people will get what I meant, maybe some won't. Only time will tell. But for now... I've got other matters to attend to. There's somewhat of a panic on. My hearing just picked it up. From the screams and the reports, Some large purple monster is attacking the city. Calls himself The Parasite.

I look out at Metropolis, as I open the window, taking off my glasses. Huh. Large purple monster. And just when I thought I was the strangest thing to ever happen to this city...

As I fly out the window, one last thought occurs to me. This is going to be a bit hard to handle. Maybe even more difficult than I realise. But you know what? I'm going to see what I can do to help, anyway. Because, and I know this is going to sound a bit silly, but... well...

71003superman3.bmp

"This looks like a job for Superman."

Superman_Birthright_Montage_by_Yu.jpg

Green Lantern said:

Screen Name
Green Lantern

Character you would like to play Connor Hawke, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. codename Arrow

Powers: None. Normal human, but extremely skilled in martial arts and is among the best shots in the world.

Brief biography of the character's history: Connor was an orphan, raised by Richard Dragon. During his young child hood, he and Richard lived and trained with Tibetan monks. They returned to America in time for Connor to attend and graduate from both High School and college.

I wanted a character I could reinvent as a spy.

2. I'm a bit partial to the Arrow family and Connor was the only one not established yet.

3. MB convinced me to join this RPG.

What can you bring to this game?: People seem to like my RPing in the other games I'm part of. :o

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: VERDANA Bold

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: as many as needed...

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in: I made my way down to the firing range, headphones firmly nestled in my ears as I listened to Drowning Pool, namely the song that made them big, "Bodies" Great song to blow off steam too, and right now things just aren't goin' the way I want them too, so I need it.

At the line, I checked my clips. Both guns had a full magazine. I knew that, just wanted to be sure. There was only one other guy down here, and he was looking at me funny. Probably because I had headphones rather than the typical earmuffs. Oh well.

I don't bother to aim, I just put my hands out holding the pistols, and quickly squeezed the triggers. Two holes appeared in the target right where his pupil's should have been. Just how I wanted it.

The other guy was watching me intently now. His mouth opened, and he said something. I couldn't hear most of it over the music, but the words "Really f**king impressive" made it through. I ignored it and threw the guns in the air. I watched them flip end over end, and crossed my arms to catch each with the opposite hand it had been in. They fell to rest in my hands and I squeezed the triggers again, no new holes appeared in the target, but the two original ones widened slightly as two more bullets went through them. I subtley glanced at the other guy, and his expression was one of amazement. I couldn't help but smirk a little. I put my left hand behind my back and squeezed off another shot with my right, this one going right between the eyes. Then I turned around just enough to be able to shoot the target with my other gun, putting a hole right where the heart of the target would have been.

The other guy was coming my way, so as a courtesy I pulled out the earbuds.

"Now you're just f**king showing off, you bastard."

"Nah, just blowin off some steam. You think this is good, you should see me with a bow and arrows."

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?

No, I've been a member for three years, and have an avatar, but NO idea how to post pictures :o

Well, maybe when you learn how to post pictures...

:p

Approved. (And either OC, X, or Ice will need to approve my Superman app.)

Screen Name: byrd_man

Character you would like to play: Ollie Queen/Green Arrow

Powers: None, Though a brilliant marksman with many trick arrows

Brief biography of the character's history: A rich, playboy by day. Oliver Queen takes to the streets of Star City as their champion, one part Robin Hood, one part Batman, three parts Chuck Norris, he is.....The Green Arrow

1. I played him last season

2. A boxing glove arrow....May I say more?

3. see 1 and 2

What can you bring to this game?: Salsa

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Georgia, dark green

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: Once

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in:
byrd_man said:
Star City, California

He's moving pretty fast for a fat man, must be the meth. Methanphetamine has infested my city like a bad virus, and I got just the perscription. I look down from my perch on the building ledge and pull an arrow out of my quiver, I've got only one chance. I pull back on the bow string and aim.

Green_Arrow_Quiver.jpg

The arrow goes flying through the air, striking the fat man on his collar and pinning him to a nearby wall. I jump off the building and land right next to him as he struggles.

"How ya doin big boy? Looks like someone went to visit the candyman tonight, spill the beans tubby, Who's your pusher?"

He just shakes his head feverently, thrashing out at me.

"No man! I ain't telling."

"Aww, that's a shame. Looks like Uncle Ollie is gonna have to make piggie wiggie squeel."

I pull a syringe out of one of my pouches and shoot him up with sodium pentothal. His thrashing subsides as the drug runs through his veins.

"So tell me fatty fatty boom ba latty, feel like hollering souie yet?"

His head slumps, He's under my control now.

"So tell me, Where did you get the hook up from?"

"From....From Doctor Hook, He's got a operation down on the docks."

Dr. Hook, been hearing his name on the mouths of many people. He was know as Ken Hookman at one time, a well to do doctor with his own practice in Star, but then he was caught taking money from druggies for needles and perscriptions. He got his liscene revoked and got into a more profitable business, the drug business. It's about time I put a stop to him.

"Let me go man!"

I take my right hand and cold cock him. I dislodge my arrow and he falls to the ground.

"There, your free."

I run into the night heading west toward the Star City waterfront.

There's two guards at the front of the warehouse, there big and they both have an AK-47 clenched in there meaty hands.

I pick out a speical arrow out of my quiver and fire it in the center of the two guards, purple smoke bellows out, sending the two watch dogs into dreamland.

I sneak through the front door and make my way past half awake jukies and ****es to the heart of the factory. Dr. Hook himself is sitting on a chair surronded by the finest crack hoes this city has to offer.

"Oh baby, I'll do so many things to you. All I need is a little hit."

"Here you go!"

I pull back on the bow and send another speical arrow flying towards the crack ****e. This one is a regular arrow but with a boxing glove on the end.

It hits her in the face and she slumps to the ground.

"Who the f**k is that? Somebody shoot that f**ker!"

Guns explode with noise as bullets fly all around me. I run as fast as I can, dodging bullets and shrapnel. I run past a barrel when Hook hollers out.

"NO! Don't hit that bar-"

That's all he can get out as bullets penitrate the container containing raw meth, highly flammable, the explosion rocks the warehouse as I fly through the air and crash through a window.

I turn to see the warehouse going up in smoke and flames.

"Well, It ain't exactly what I planned but, results are results."

I pick myself off the ground and head off into the night, sirens ringing in the distance.

green%20arrow%2011.jpg

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?: Does a bear $hit in the woods?

Thanks, I was reading that post..It's probably the one I'm most proud of in my five months RPGing at the hype.

Screen Name: wiegeabo

Character you would like to play: Jay Garrick (Flash)

Powers: Ability to tap into the Speed Force to attain superspeeds, accelerated healing and metabolism, and more powers he is just discovering.

Brief biography of the character's history: Jay Garrick has been the Flash for years. He fought in the war as a member of the JSA alongside other heroes like the original Green Lantern, Captain America, and Nick Fury.

For years Jay and the rest of the Justice Society of America fought villains and protected the innocent until the team finally disbanded. Even though he and Joan Garrick have been happily married for years, they have no children. But, like the other senior members of the JSA, consider Dinah Lance, daughter of the original Black Canary, their niece, and as close to a daughter as they ever had.

Over the last few years Jay has lived a relatively quiet life, being the hero of Central City and occasionally helping out the other Flash in Keystone City. That is untill the invasion of Darkseid and Zod's attacks on Earth. Now, Jay is working towards building a new group of heroes to prevent any such future threats.

1. Jay is a great character in his own right, with a rich history to create and/or build upon.

2. Over the last season I've really grown to love playing the character.

3. I can't wait to start putting together a new theam and working through our first trials and growing pains.

What can you bring to this game?: A season's worth of character building and a couple of ideas for some nice story arcs.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: This is how Jay talks, and thinks...

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many as I can which is usually at least a couple of times each evening.

It's been several weeks since, as the military calls it, 'The Incident,' or as the press calls it, 'The Battle for Earth.' And the world is still trying to heal. Not surprisingly, SHIELD was able to cover up the nuclear attack and keep it from the general public. The cover up was made easier by the fact that most were more concerned with healing from the devistation Zod had reigned down.

Pokolistan-Russian relations were in chaos. Zod had ripped the small country asunder with his coup. So many people had died on both sides. Even now the area is a volatile powder keg.

Chicago had cleaned up what was going to be the future site of the New Sears Tower. The city still hurts, but the people decided they weren't going to let Zod win.

Washington DC had taken some damage as well during the Superman/Zod fight. But now most of the damage had been repaired and, thankfully, no lives lost.

The tidal wave caused when Superman's body hit the ocean damaged coast lines in Eurpoe and Africa, and caused minor damage to the east coasts of both Americas. All totaled, Zod had directly or indirectly caused nearly four billion dollars in damage and taken 18,534 human lives.

The number still haunts me.

I've also been busy these last few weeks. It had taken some time for me to fully recover. And I had gladly spent those days back home with Joan. She hovered over me like I was on the verge of death, but no matter how much I wished she wouldn't, I never complained. We nealy lost the planet, and I was thankful for every moment we had together.

After recovering, I paid visits to everyone I could find. Superman, Zatanna in San Francisco, Olliver Queen in Star City, Ted in Gotham, Spider-Man in New York, and most recently Tony and Dinah. I even happened to run into Juggernaut down in Texas. Why he was in Texas he didn't say, although, honestly, he didn't say much except four letter words as he told me he wasn't interested. I even spoke to Batman again, but he was as indifferent, and frightening, as ever.

I told all of them the same thing. That soon, we would be meeting to create a new group of heroes to make sure that what happened would never happen again. And if they were interested, to meet at the old JSA Brownston here in Gotham on the specified day. And that day...

"...is today."

Garrick_ross.jpg

Accepted. :up:

I'd be a fool not to, considering our plans... :o

Green Lantern said:
You're a fool no matter what you do :o

Hmm... Let's see... You know, I think Ollie and Jay need more room on the roster... :cmad:

Screen Name: byrd_man

Character you would like to play: Captain America...With MI go ahead

Powers:Artificially enhanced physiology at the maximum human level; martial arts and hand-to-hand combat training;
master tactician and field commander with an indestructible shield

Brief biography of the character's history: A guiding light as well as one of the founders of the JSA, Captain America boosted the moral of the troops during the closing days of world war two. While Captain America and his sidekick Bucky were involved in an accident while disabling a drone plane by the villian Baron Zemo, Buck was presumed dead and Cap was never seen again.....until last year.

1. Cap is my second favorite comic book character

2. He's CAPTAIN AMERICA

3. I get to interact with the DC folks (maybe Supes and Cap can for the boyscout squad)

What can you bring to this game?: Captain America

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Bold, Dark Blye, Palatino Linotype

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: Once

""America...
America...
America, **** YEAH!
Coming again, to save the mother ****ing day yeah,
America, **** YEAH!
Freedom is the only way yeah,
Terrorist your game is through cause now you have to answer too,
America, **** YEAH!
So lick my butt, and suck on my balls,
America, **** YEAH!
What you going to do when we come for you now,
it’s the dream that we all share; it’s the hope for tomorrow

**** YEAH!

McDonalds, **** YEAH!
Wal-Mart, **** YEAH!
The Gap, **** YEAH!
Baseball, **** YEAH!
NFL, ****, YEAH!
Rock and roll, **** YEAH!
The Internet, **** YEAH!
Slavery, **** YEAH!

**** YEAH!

Starbucks, **** YEAH!
Disney world, **** YEAH!
Porno, **** YEAH!
Valium, **** YEAH!
Reeboks, **** YEAH!
Fake ****, **** YEAH!
Sushi, **** YEAH!
Taco Bell, **** YEAH!
Rodeos, **** YEAH!
Bed bath and beyond (**** yeah, **** yeah)

Liberty, **** YEAH!
White Slips, **** YEAH!
The Alamo, **** YEAH!
Band-aids, **** YEAH!
Las Vegas, **** YEAH!
Christmas, **** YEAH!
Immigrants, **** YEAH!
Columbine, **** YEAH!
Democrats, **** YEAH!
Republicans (republicans)
(**** yeah, **** yeah)
Sportsmanship
Books"

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?: Sir, Yes sir!

Oh you know I'm back for Season II

Screen Name:
Andy C.

Character you would like to play: Colonel Nick Fury, Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Powers: Fury has no overtly supernatural abilities, but his exposure to the Infinity Formula has severely stunted his aging process, giving him the appearance of a man in his early fifties, even though he is nearly 100 years old. Fury has trained to the peak of human fitness, is an expert in hand-to-hand combat, and is adept with virtually any weapon. He is now once again privvy to all of the resources and agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and can launch tactical strikes by convention or unconventional means anywhere in the world.

At one time, Nicholas Joseph Fury was the greatest soldier the world had never seen. A veteran of the Second World War, Fury led a special task force known as "The Holwing Commandos" on countless missions against the Third Reich. During one of these missions deep into occupied France, Fury was severely maimed by a landmine, only to be found by Doctor Berthold Stremberg. There, he was used as a test subject for the Infinity Formula, which healed his wounds completely and greatly reduced his aging. However, without an annual dose, Fury would die.

After the toppling of Hitler's empire, the world descended into the long decades of tension and paranoia known as the Cold War. It was in these years that Fury would earn his reputation. He joined the OSS and then the CIA, wherein he gained the rank of Colonel for his work in Korea; it was the last official rank ever bestowed upon him.

As the Cold War intensified, and the US government became more aware of the slow but sure increase of metahuman and mutant populations worldwide, they formed the Strategic Hazard Intervention Espionage and Logistics Directorate, or "S.H.I.E.L.D." Due to his exemplary work behind enemy lines in two wars, as well as missions against the Soviet Union itself and underground terrorist groups such as HYDRA and the League of Assassins, Fury was one of the first and finest agents for the job. Throughout the course of the Cold War, Colonel Fury was on the forefront lines of a secret war between S.H.I.E.L.D. and countless foes, eventually becoming the Director of the covert organization. The exact details of his 40-year-long career are, of course, strictly classified.

In response to the growing threat of superhuman violence (particularly after the Apokolips Invasion and the attack of General Zod), S.H.I.E.L.D. has now brought Fury back out of retirement. His first action upon returning was monitoring the battle between Superman and Zod, eventually ordering a nuclear strike. In the time since, he has worked tirelessly to ensure that S.H.I.E.L.D. will be able to handle any and all threats to the American people...by any means necessary.

The Colonel is a great character to play, and now that there are at least two more agents affiliated with S.H.I.E.L.D., I should be able to interact a bit more.

2. Fury can work incredibly well as both the grizzled old war hero and the shady untrustworthy government man, so he can fill in the sort of gray areas between hero and villain.

3. Somewhere down the line, I'd really like to see someone set up Checkmate, causing an internal political struggle that could lead to the OU equivalent of Civil War.

Detailed and creative writing, nearly flawless spelling and grammar, and (I'd like to think) a great handle on how to build and utilize dramatic tension.

Times New Roman, Size 3, Black, Bold

Much as I can, as long as the creative juices are flowin.'

Andy C. said:
The last few weeks had taken their toll on everyone, even grizzled old soldiers like the Colonel. While the world was focused on healing the collateral damage done by General Zod, S.H.I.E.L.D. was silently making sure that his legacy didn't continue.

In the wake of his initial arrival, Zod had led the nation of Pokolistan into open revolt with Russia, leading to a war which killed thousands and nearly crippled the Russian military. With the General dead, there were several of his lieutenants that were claiming themselves the new leader of the "Army of Zod." Fury himself had been leading several covert missions himself to terminate all of the would-be successors. Within a month, the Army of Zod was no more, but the nation itself was still in ruins. The damage done in Pokolistan, in Chicago, and all over the world during Zod's battle with Superman was starting to get to the Colonel, especially due to his failure to stop it.

Today, Colonel Fury sat alone in his darkened office, lit only by the glowing red embers of his cigarette. After the raids in Pokolistan, he had been sulking by himself for days, while Maria Hill once again resumed most of the command of S.H.I.E.L.D. He used to be the very best, the greatest soldier the world had never seen. Now, he was just a man, and in a world where super-men were quickly becoming the norm, what could one man do?

There was a knock on the door.

"Ummmm.....Colonel Fury, sir? Nick? Whaddya doin' cooped up in here?"

It was 'Dum-Dum' Dugan and Gabe Jones, two of the other Howling Commandos from the old days. They were now the Head of Internal Security and Recruitment, respectively, and they were also two of Fury's closest friends.

"Gabe...Dum-Dum...," Fury addressed them nonchalantly. "I suppose you're here to drag me out of the office to join Flash's meeting in Gotham. The new JSA or whatever Flash is going to call it."

"Well, no sir," Jones began, "though we really were hoping you'd try and show up. We're here to update you on some of the cleanup from the Incident."

The Colonel pressed a button on his desk console, bringing up the lights in the room. Jones and Dugan stepped inside, still uneasy about the state of their old buddy.

"Well....spill. How is Cadmus doing with what's left of Zod?"

"No good. They told me that, once he was killed by that mineral--Kryptonite, they're callin' it--Zod's DNA decayed too fast for them to get a good sample. Long story short, dead's dead."

Fury wasn't pleased; he was hoping that, if there had been enough living tissue, Cadmus would be able to replicate it. Superman may be one of the good guys, but what if another Zod shows up? What if something worse shows up?

"Little bit of good news, though. While Superman was onboard being decontaminated, apparently some of the boys were able to get a viable blood sample from him. Cadmus says they're laying out the groundwork for a clone now."

"Hmmm....and what about the Kryptonite? What do we know about it?"

"Not much, just that it kills Kryptonians. Thing is, all the reports say it only affects Kryptonians--not humans, not mutants, not anything else. It also has an energy output more powerful than Plutonium, and isn't as volatile. There's still a chance that long-term exposure could have side-effects, so the boys in the lab are playing it safe and keeping it locked up until we know everything we can do with it."

"Good. If it's cleared as safe for combat use, I want a sample sent to the team working on Project: Wideawake. And another for the Weapon Plus Program.

What about the new recruits, Gabe? How are they doing?"

"Well, Colonel, every one of them is passing with flying colors so far. Agents Woo and Flumm are currently operating in Pokolistan under Commander Bridge, cleaning up the last of the insurgent leaders there. Agent Romanova has infiltrated deep into Russian security, and has uncovered all sorts of information about the forming of a new Rocket Red Brigade, which may or may not be linked to Albert Malik, who killed the Agents Parker back in the fifties. Agent Wilson was able to track down and capture a number of AIM agents, who may be able to lead us to the heart of their organization. No word right now from Agent Cage.

"Oh, and we've got a new candidate up for promotion into the agency: a fella by the name of Connor Hawke."

Jones handed him the dossier on Hawke. Fury grinned for the first time in days, and slid the document aside.

"Well, we've all been busy, and we've got a lot more work ahead of us. But you know what? I for one don't feel like reading right now. And if I understand right, our old friend the Flash is having his big meeting today. So what say us old soldiers head down to Gotham and watch?"

SHIELD05.jpg

So, GL. Do you want Ollie to end up being Connor's father or what?

Coolness, Ollie doesn't pay child support anyway.

Screen Name: wiegeabo

Character you would like to play: Bruce Wayne (Batman)

Powers: Even with no superpowers, Bruce Wayne represents the pinnacle of human physical and mental abilities. Years of disciplined training of both body and mind have created the man destined to be the world's greatest detective. Batman is also a master of a variety of martial arts and uses his vast wealth and the resources of Wayne Enterprises to fund his campaign of crimefighting.

Brief biography of the character's history: A happy only child of wealthy Thomas and Martha Wayne, eight year-old Bruce's life was shattered when his parents were murdered infront of him. That moment changed Bruce forever as he dedicated his life to preventing anyone from having to go through what he did.

Partially raised by faithful family butler Alfred Pennyworth, Bruce spent his youth and early adulthood traveling the world. Bruce trained his mind and body to peak conditions and trained with various masters across the globe in all the arts he would need to fight crime including martial arts, criminology, science, and pschology.

Now, disguised as a bat, and newly partnered with a young boy name Dick Grayson, Bruce strikes fear in the hearts of criminals as the Batman.

1. I took over the character towards the end of the season and look forward to playing in two or three arcs that are starting to develop.

2. I look forward to creating a new Batman from the start of his career, and especially exploring his detective side, and giving proper focus to Bruce.

3. It's the Batman! Who doesn't want a chance to play the Batman!

What can you bring to this game?: Besides a few good storyarcs, the interaction of the Batman with some of DC and Marvel's biggest criminals, and the chance of some great detective work and fights...absolutely nothing.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: This is how Bruce speaks, and thinks. And how Batman speaks, and thinks.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: at least a couple of times each evening, and more as necessary and possible.

"Mr. Wayne! Mr. Wayne!" The press shout as I step off my personal jet. My arrival in New York was supposed to be kept quiet, but someone at the company must have slipped it to the press. I sigh as I step on the tarmac.

"Mr. Wayne! Ben Urich, Daily Bugle. Any comment why you've decided to pay New York a visit?"

I put on my best free-wheeling playboy smile. "Well Ben, it is Ben right? Well, there's a couple of buisness dealing I'm looking into. I'm not at liberty to say of course. Very hush-hush. After that, well, I'm sure there's more than a few parties to drop in on in this city."

A couple of reporters laugh. I keep myself from throwing up in disgust. A few of the tabloid reporters try to get me to say what parties I'll be attending, but I ingore them. Security keeps the press held back as I get into the waiting limo. We enter the parking garage. A minute later, three identical limousines leave, pulling and splitting up all the waiting reporters and their vehicles.

Ten minuets later, a mid-sized car leaves the parking garage, completely unmolested by reporters. "Where to, Master Bruce?"

"To the hotel, Alfred. We get checked-in, then set up our base of operations tonight."

Bruce-Wayne-AKA-Batman.jpg

Green Lantern said:
Actually I have another dad in mind for Connor :cwink:

It better not be Bruce. He may have been a man-****e in his youth, but the Batman has no time for children...biolgical children. ;)

byrd_man said:
Coolness, Ollie doesn't pay child support anyway.
I don't think
Oh come on I'm not giving it away yet.
Someone famous though :o Clint Barton
pays it either

wieg, byrd, Andy... all of you are approved.

Screen Name:
Andy C.

Character you would like to play: The Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Powers: Jordan wields a power ring of the Green Lantern Corps, an incredibly powerful weapon that allows the wearer to manipulate or duplicate virtually any form of matter or energy. This power of the ring is limited by two things: the individual Lantern's willpower, and the amount of energy stored in the ring. The ring itself must be recharged every twenty-four hours, and due to an 'impurity' in the Battery, cannot effect the color yellow (however, due to Parallax's escape from the Central Battery during the battle with Galactus, this may no longer apply)

Hal Jordan is a test pilot for the U.S. Air Force, operating out of Ferris Air Field, gaining a reputation as a practically-suicidal daredevil in the cockpit and a braggart out of it. While serving time for a DUI, he experienced something that would change his life forever.

The dying alien known as Abin Sur crashed his ship in the nearby desert. His last action in this life would be to pass on his mantle to someone worthy, and he found Jordan, granting him the phenominal powers of a Green Lantern.

This newfound power was soon put to the test, as Jordan was visited by another Lantern, the harsh and arrogant Sinestro. He was meant to take Jordan under his wing and train him, but instead had to rush him to the Lanterns' home world of Oa, to face an unspeakable power: the world-eater known as Galactus.

After a horrific battle, Jordan used the power of the Central Battery to try and stop Galactus, unwittingly freeing the demon Parallax. Oa was destroyed, and both the Green Lantern Corps and the Guardians of the Universe were all but destroyed with it. Due to Jordan's actions, a handful of Lanterns managed to survive, as well as the Guardian known as Ganthet.

Upon his return to Earth, Hal was given a new task from Ganthet: find the other Earthman who once called himself the Green Lantern, the one who wields the power of the Starheart.

Hal's a classic character, one of DC's all-time big 7.

2. After playing villains and anti-heroes, I'd like to sink my teeth into playing a straight-up good guy for a while.

3. Considering we've got an old-school JSAer with Jay, I think the old Flash and the new Lantern would have some interesting interactions. Not to mention bringing back the classic pairing of Green Lantern/Green Arrow.

A plate of nachos, perhaps?

Arial Black, Green

Much as possible if there's something interesting going on.

Andy C. said:
It had been a long trip from Coast City. Hal was amazed he was able to get the time off he needed, let alone bring Tom along with him. He still wasn't quite able to explain everything that had happened: Abin-Sur giving him the ring, Sinestro grabbing him out of nowhere to take him to Oa, the nightmarish battle with Galactus, and his rescue at the hands of the Silver Surfer. The only way he was able to convince his pal that he wasn't insane was by using the ring to lift a car over his head. Since then, they had been working on the last orders Hal had been given by Ganthet: find the man who wields 'the Starheart.'

It wasn't easy, but after some fairly in-depth research, Hal and Pie were able to find some information on a man who had called himself 'Green Lantern' back during World War II as part of the JSA. After the group disbanded, most of the members were never seen again, but one last report claimed that he was sighted somewhere in Gotham City.

Hal decided to travel by car; he still wasn't sure how much power the ring had in its charge, and he didn't want to run out thousands of feet up along the way.

"I dunno, Hal," Tom said for what must have been the fiftieth time on their cross-country drive. Gotham's an awful big city; I mean, if I wanted to hide a secret identity, that's just the sort of place I'd go. How are we gonna find this guy, if he's even still alive in the first place?"

Hal sat calmly in the passenger's seat, inspecting his power ring.

"Gotham's a big city, yeah, but it's one where there's always some sort of crime going on. I figure I can use my ring to do some good while we're there. And when I do that, we won't have to worry about finding him, because he'll want to find us."

"Okay, but I still say you're crazy."

"You call me crazy every time I get into a plane, Pie."

"So what does that tell you?"

Hal chuckled, then caught a glimpse of the skyscrapers coming up on the horizon.

"Well, we're almost there. Gotham City, say hello to the new Green Lantern."

390px-GreenLantern1_RossCover.jpg

Screen Name:
Green Lantern

Character you would like to play:
Iron Man (Tony Stark)

Powers:
None of his own... wears a suit of armor that provides flight, improved durability, plasma blasts, and enhanced strength

Multi-billionaire, made a suit of armor for military use. Helped out against Darksied and is engaged to Dinah Lance. During Zod's invasion he got plowed and went on a drunken rant. Has also had his identity exposed to the public. (If the people who have played him want to give me more details, I'd be delighted. :o)

He's one of the few Marvel characters I like...

He's my favorite character to play as in MUA...

Substance abusing characters are fun, just ask Roy Harper :o

Drunkeness

*hic* Yup thish awta do niishly. *hic*

However many I need too...

"Bartender. Get me another shot of Jack pleashe. I'ma need liquid courash if I'sh gonna take out that giant bunny."

"Uh Mr. Stark, I think you've had enough. There's no giant bunny around."

"I'll tell you when Ife had enuff. I'm jober ash a shudge."

"No you're done. I'm callin' a cab for you."

"I don't need a tashi. I can fly! Shee? Up, up and away! Shecond shtar to the right and all that jash. *hic*"

Tony jumped off his bar stool and flew somewhat straight up. Right through the roof.

"Jusht put it on my tab. Shee you tomora."

I told you no already :csad:. Stop picking on me. *cries*

Screen Name:
The Question

Character you would like to play: Spider-Man

Powers: Superhuman strength, speed, agility, and endurance. He can also cling to almost any surface and possesses limited precognative abilities. Last season, he received a certain "wardrobe upgrade" that boosts his powers and gives him limited shapeshifting abilities.

Brief biography of the character's history: You all know the story. Bit by spider, gets powers, tries to make money, doesn't stop a crime when he has the chance, same criminal kills his uncle. Last season, he started his crime fighting career, met Batman, was drafted into Jay Garrick's "Justice Society of Avenging Leaguers," and was bonded with a very weird suit that, for all he knows, hitched a ride to Earth on Darkseid's warships.

He's a very fun character.

2. I played him last season.

3. I think I could do a better job with him this time around.

What can you bring to this game?: Two words: Venom saga.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Peter Parker, Spider-Man.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As often as possible. :o

...hm?

What?

Where am...

Okay, I haven't been at this super hero thing for too long, but I'm guessing it's not normal to wake up in the middle of the night in full costume, standing in the middle of an alleyway, and looming over an unconscious bleeding guy. What the hell is going on?

Just you finally letting yourself be free, Pete.

What?!

I trun around.

"Who said that?!"

No one.

....I better get home now.

I shoot out a web line and swing away. Probably just sleepwalking. Sleepfighting. Whatever. Probably just nerves.

Yeah.

Only a matter of time, now.

spiderman3.jpg

GL, Andy, and definatley Q... Approved. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads