The "One Universe" Marvel & DC Crossover RPG: Season II

I punch the bag. I kick the bag. I punch the bag. I execute a perfect spinning back kick. I punch the bag.

Training would be a hell of a lot easier if it wasn't for this damned cast!

Furious I punch the bag again. It comes off the chain and slams on the ground.

"Dammit!" I pull my glove off with my teeth and throw it on the ground.

"Master Bruce?"

"WHAT!!!" Alfred is startled, but quickly regains his composure. I sigh and shake my head. To say Alfred's earned his paycheck this last month is an understatement. For four weeks I've been moody. Ok, I've been pissed. I haven't been able to meditate or focus my mind. I can't train properly. I can't even risk fighting when I go on patrol to take out my aggressions on some thug. All I can do is make an appearance and scare them off. Let them know that Batman is still out there. Dick's had to pick up my slack.

And it's all because of him.

"What is it Alfred?"

"A call from Mr. Fox, sir. He wishes me to inform you that this week's board meeting had to be postponed for a few days. The recent storms on the west coast have prevented Mr. Earle from departing as scheduled."

I nod. "That's fine with me. I'm not in the mood for a meeting anyway."

"To say the least sir," Alfred says as he walks out of the room. I let him get away with it. He's right. All I see when I pound on the bag is his face. That damned pasty face and grin of pure evil.

The Joker.

He's been on the run for the last month. News reports says he even hijacked another plan and murdered the passengers. And I CAN'T FIND HIM!!! I slam my good hand down on the table in frustration, not caring if I break that one as well. All of my resources, my access into any number of national databases, my sources on the street, and I have nothing. The Joker is as good at hiding as I am.

Of course, I'm not the only one taking what happened on New Year's badly. Although he tries to hide it, I can tell Dick blames himself as well. I've seen doubt in his eyes when the Joker is mentioned, or the tragedy is mentioned on tv. He wonders if he had fought the Joker better, if he hadn't leaped before looking, that he couldn't have stopped him. But Dick shouldn't blame himself.

All the blame rests with me.

I had a chance to end this. I had the Joker in my hands. Beaten and bloody. It would have been so easy to end it right there. To keep hundreds of people from of horrible fate. I could have saved all those lives. Their deaths are on my hands. By killing the Joker, they would all have lived. And all it would have cost me is my soul.

Not for the first time, I think it would have been a fair price to pay.

I slip my robe on and head upstairs to the mansion. I'm don't feel like training. Haven't really felt like it in a long time. I know these are the classic early signs of a depression. I know I should talk to someone. Alfred's even tried suggesting it in a way that wouldn't make me lose my temper. Again. But who can I possibly talk to? I can't lay this on Dick's shoulders. Kent? Garrick? Stark? The thought almost makes me laugh.

Upstairs I start to walk towards one of the main rooms. The news will be on soon, and I've been keeping up with a recent story. There's been an apparent rise in mob activity lately. The police don't know the cause, but I can guess. I haven't been out there to keep them in check. Just another thing to blame myself for.

Just as I step into the room, I hear the doorbell ring. "What the hell?" I say to myself. I'm not just wondering who could be at the door. I'm wondering how the hell they got to it since they have to be let in at the main gate.

"Alfred?"
I call out.

"I'll get it, sir," I hear him reply.

I sigh. "No need. I'm right here." I walk up to the door and press down on the handle. It creeks open.

The sight I see stuns me. It's absolutely the last person I expected to see.

batmancb1.jpg

"Elektra?!"

jennifer-garner-pic-007.jpg

"Hi Bruce."

Last edited:
Kyle Rayner: the NEW
gllogo.gif

Whoever this Deadpool guy is, he's a nutjob. But at least he's helping. Now I just have to use my artistic talents to come up with a construct that'll take Sinestro out.

"Fools!"

I look around from above, while Sinestro was deflecting Deadpool's gunfire. Then I notice some power lines behind where Sinestro was floating. And a plan came to fruition...

"Deadpool! Keep shooting!" but just as I said that, his guns made clanking noises. F**K!

"I may be out of bullets, but at least I'm rich in Vitamin C!"

"Well keep him distracted then!" I shouted.

"Okie Dokie!" He replied with a thumbs up as he pulled out his katana, and teleported to Sinestro to continue his assault. Meanwhile I created a construct of a giant boxing glove from my ring, and used it to punch a nearby fire-hydrant, causing the water to explode into a pillar of water that reached a height higher than where I was afloat. Then I dragged the glove over into a punching stance...

"Deadpool! Now!"

He then used his teleporter belt to zip away as I used the constuct to hit Sinestro with it. The glove hit almost his entire top half of his body, knocking him back into the power lines. While he was stunned, I turned the glove into a green lit water slide that directed the water at Sinestro...

ZZTZZAZZZTZZATZZAPPPP!!!!

"RRGH...AHH!!...RRRRGH! NOOOOO!!!" He screamed as the bright lights of electricity fried his body until he fell to the ground.

"Yes!"

"Well it was nice to meet you Deadpool. I have to get going."

"Me too. I have my own finale to attend to..."

Shrugging at his crazy banter, I held out my hand and we shook. Then he clicked some buttons on his belt, and and he started to dissappear.

"Buh-bye, Hal!" he said as he vanished.

"I'm not Ha...aww forget it!"

This has been a crazy past couple of months. First this ring. Then taking down intergalactic criminals like Major Force and Sinestro, to meeting Deadpool. But more importantly, being the last Green Lantern...

This ring has changed my life... forever. And I now feel like I can make a difference. I feel like a superhero now, like Superman and Spider-Man. This ring has told me many things about the Green Lantern Corps., but one thing stuck with me, and I guess the best time to say it would be now.... the Green Lantern Oath.

"In brightest day... In blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight,
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power... Green Lantern's light!"

35235-kyle-rayner_400.jpg

109377-deadpool_400.jpg

Deadpool blinks in out of nowhere into his office, tossing his weapons aside and taking a relaxing sit in his chair.

"Wow... what a season! Or eighth of a season in my case..."

Deadpool then looked up at the ceiling wondering... is "Walking the Line" really where he wants to be? Or does he want to be a hero? Or villain? Does he still want to kill pe--

"Of course I still want to ki--"

Shut up, Wade! I'm narrating!

"What. Ever...."

Does he still want to kill people? Does he want to kill for good and justice? Or does he want to do it for wealth?

"I need a change..."

At that point, Deadpool realized--

"No I meant I need to change my underwear. I accidently leaked waiting for you to finish your narration..."

Are you ever going to change, Deadpool? Or are you going to stay an a**hole all your life?

"Probably the latter."

You're hopeless, Wade! Why did I even pick you up as a character!?!

"Because you love me..."

He was right. He is a kick-ass superhero... but now it's back to the story.

"Weasel! Where are you?"

Weasel popped his head into the room once again.

"What is it, DP?"

"I need to show you something..." Deadpool said opening up his laptop. Weasel then walked over to see what Deadpool had to show him.

"Whoah..."

"I know. Isn't it the greatest thing you've ever seen?"

"It's beautiful..."

"It took me years to find it, but after pulling a few strings..." He said clicking a few keys. "...I finally got Jessica Biel's address. She'll have to read my fan-mail and pleas for her to have sex with me now!"

"Amazing..."

"Yes. Yes it is... That reminds me! Any new contracts today?"

"Yeah. This just came in the mail today."

Weasel then pulled out an envelope and handed it to Deadpool. Wade opened it and started scanning the text.

"Whoah! $1,750,000 to kill Professor Charles Xavier..."

"The guy at that school that had the benefit recently that Bruce Wayne went to?"

"Naaaaw. It's the other Professor Charles Xavier..." Deadpool said sarcastically. "Well. Time to come up with a plan! Luckliy I have a new season to do it!"

176529-deadpool_400.JPG

"T-Th-The-That's all folks!"
This Season Finale episode of "One Universe: The Adventures of Deadpool" was taped at Blacklight Studios and was a Deadpool Incorporated Production...

122536-deadpool_400.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"