The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - Part 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** these ref. One of the most obvious hand balls ever, followed by a clean goal, denied.

If this isn't incompetence I don't know what is, absolutely shocking.

Are the FA actually trying to have Mourinho come in and shoot up their offices or something?

We get one good call in the first half, maybe the first one all season, and now we are paying for it two fold.

I only tuned in for the second and so far it looks like he's making up for the first by sending every call the opposite way.

I need to see what happened. Sounds crazy.

Pogba to Zlatan, ****ing beautiful. 2-1 to United. :awesome:

2-1 United from Pogba assist and Zlatan goal. Now time to stress until the end.

Pogba and Zlatan are really starting to get this thing going between them.

I need to see what happened. Sounds crazy.

The handball was quite visible and not a minute later Mata was level at the far post and called offside immediately, replays or highlights of it will probably be played a lot.

Why does Wayne Rooney still play league matches?

I'm really starting to believe the conspiracy stories :whatever:

After that quick denial of the handball and incorrect offside call I can't imagine qualified officials can legitimately make those calls within that short space of time of one another, honestly astounding.

This was basically down to the class of Pogba and Zlatan in the end. Good to have them around.

Yeah, their quality carried a really average United performance over the line. We're going to need to develop some semblance of a team ethic before long, we're consistently getting points on the back of individual performances and little is created from the team playing a coherent game.

Chelsea now with a 6 point gap at the top on 40, with Liverpool and Arsenal both on 34 and City behind on 33. Chelsea really making a statement at the moment.

They are definitely in the grind mode, and making it look easy.

Last edited:
A good dug out win that you feel wouldnt happen a few weeks back, another good performance from Pogba, when he's free to do his thing he is a joy to watch, kudos to Carrick though for being that platform for him. Rojo was lucky to stay on the pitch, again, and he is going to cost at some point unless Jose has a word in his ear, a better ref would have sent him off in either of those games.

I;m not sure if Zlatan will be at us for any more seasons but he is doing a decent job for us this season, he cant do much more at his age but we will need a long term replacement with more pace at some point fairly soon to progress, but we can build a team around Pogba and no doubt Jose has that in mind.

An extremely important 3 points for us with everyone above us bar Arsenal winning. It's also very important because we'd just beat Tottenham, who as of right now are our first priority in getting above & it would have been a disaster to see that effort wiped out by then going out in the next game & dropping the points we'd just made up.

Was a very difficult game, while I felt we were in complete control for the majority of the tie & did create a number of good chances, Palace had dug their heels in & refused to submit. We didn't play especially well or especially bad, but we had done enough to win & I'm pleased we've done that.

Special mention must go out to the officials who had an absolute nightmare again, it really is like the FA & match officials are actively trying to see just how much Mourinho takes before he snaps & goes on a shotgun rampage. That being said we did get our rub of their stupidity, Rojo, once again, should have been sent off for his 2 footed lunge on Zaha I believe it was. I am convinced that he is actively trying to get himself red carded with a 3 match ban for violent conduct so he gets Christmas/New Years off, I honestly believe that. All that having been said 2 wrongs don't make a right & we paid for Rojo staying on the field in full with some of the decisions that didn't go our way that equally could have had a bearing on the game.

Another important game on Saturday against West Brom, it's another must win if we have any aspirations of at least making the CL. We cannot afford to lose more ground as we approach the half way point of the season.

I didn't watch the game but pleased with the outcome. How did we play?
Playing Rooney is always a bad idea. Playing Rooney and Mata together, means no speed whatsoever. Midfield looked good though.

Playing Rooney is always a bad idea. Playing Rooney and Mata together, means no speed whatsoever. Midfield looked good though.

Michael Cox, who's probably one of the best football analysts out there today, had a nice piece following the match yesterday and one of the things he put the spotlight on was why that midfield three last night works so well.

Also, that finish from Ibra for the winning goal was just pure class.

Chelsea now with a 6 point gap at the top on 40, with Liverpool and Arsenal both on 34 and City behind on 33. Chelsea really making a statement at the moment.

We [Liverpool] have still got to play them at Anfield though, having already beaten them at Stamford Bridge in September - win that and the gap is then only 3 points. I'm not saying that we wont drop points [we most likely will] but there is every chance that Chelsea will too. Lots of twists and turns to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"