The Political Lounge: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Lounginess

Status
Not open for further replies.
The two year old was clearly having the mental capacity to make the decision to do so. I call BS!

Now that's quite interesting!

Also, Dems are expected to maintain control of the Senate, as the party leads in Republican-held seats including Virginia, New Hampshire, Colorado, North Carolina, New Mexico, and Alaska, and is within striking distance in Texas, Oregon and... Kansas (?!).

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_senate_elections

Rasmussen didn't include a poll for Mississippi, but last I knew, the Dems were three points down there.

The two year old was clearly having the mental capacity to make the decision to do so. I call BS!

Whether its BS or not, it's disturbing.

Also, Dems are expected to maintain control of the Senate, as the party leads in Republican-held seats including Virginia, New Hampshire, Colorado, North Carolina, New Mexico, and Alaska, and is within striking distance in Texas, Oregon and... Kansas (?!).

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_senate_elections

Rasmussen didn't include a poll for Mississippi, but last I knew, the Dems were three points down there.

Really? Wow. I'm telling you Jman, regardless of the Presidential election outcome, the Senate elections are going to be very interesting to see how it plays out. What kind of net gain are you thinking we could see in the fall?

Really? Wow. I'm telling you Jman, regardless of the Presidential election outcome, the Senate elections are going to be very interesting to see how it plays out. What kind of net gain are you thinking we could see in the fall?

I personally feel that the Democrats will win Virginia, New Mexico, Colorado, New Hampshire, and Alaska, and that we could pull an upset in North Carolina, Mississippi, and Texas. That means a net gain of 5-8 seats.

I personally feel that the Democrats will win Virginia, New Mexico, Colorado, New Hampshire, and Alaska, and that we could pull an upset in North Carolina, Mississippi, and Texas. That means a net gain of 5-8 seats.

That should help out the "minor majority" problem.

...Seriously? :huh:

Dude, I would put the bar for having a mental compacity at the lowest four, when kids actually gain MEMORIES. :o

...Seriously? :huh:

Dude, I would put the bar for having a mental compacity at the lowest four, when kids actually gain MEMORIES. :o

I agree. I wouldn't necessarily say that a two year old has a mental capacity capable of making those kinds of decisions. Kids can motion what they want or may need. In the case of cigarettes, those were introduced to the child by the mother in what appears to be the mother's own amusement.

I agree. I wouldn't necessarily say that a two year old has a mental capacity capable of making those kinds of decisions. Kids can motion what they want or may need. In the case of cigarettes, those were introduced to the child by the mother in what appears to be the mother's own amusement.

Yeah, it's just a step below the old "teaching the monkey how to smoke" trick just for kicks. :o

It looks like Ted Kennedy has a malignant brain tumor. This is a breaking news story.

Cool. I didn't know we had our own Politico-type-spot. Hopefully brothas lounging in drawls are welcome. :up:

*kicks back*

I'm all up in the Politics Lounge....it's Mixer time....woo hoo

I certainly hope so!
icon14.gif

Since this could go in the McCain thread...the Obama thread...AND the Clinton thread...I figured I would just post it in here.

Republican John McCain leads Barack Obama in two presidential swing states, as some of Hillary Clinton's core supporters shun the Democratic front-runner, polls showed Thursday.

The Quinnipiac University surveys had McCain up 45 to 41 percent on the Illinois senator in Florida, the epicenter of the 2000 recount drama, which also helped President George W. Bush back to the White House in 2004.
In Ohio, another vital battleground that narrowly went for Bush last time around, McCain leads Obama 44 percent to 40 percent.

Obama however leads McCain in Pennsylvania, by 46 to 40 percent. The state is a must-win for Democrats eyeing the White House.

The poll also appeared to bolster Clinton's arguments that she and not Obama is the best bet for Democrats to take on McCain in states likely to shape the outcome in November's general election.

She led Arizona Senator McCain in all three states, in which she also won in primary votes against Obama. The former first lady led 48 to 41 percent in both Florida and Ohio and by 50-37 percent in Pennsylvania.

For the full article, click below.
McCain leads Obama in two key battlegrounds
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080522/pl_afp/usvotestates_080522150227

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member