The Punisher The Punisher - General Discussion Thread

Just finished the series last night. I really liked this one, and it's probably my 3rd favorite Netflix Marvel series after DD seasons 1/2.

Standout has to be Ben Barnes who is just a fabulous actor, and I can't wait for the return of Jigsaw in his full form.

Ted Sarandos seemed to be throwing some shade there toward Disney in that THR article.

I've always wondered, how would the events of The Punisher have unfolded if Matt hadn't "died" in Midland Circle? Somehow, I imagine that Karen would suggest Frank get in touch with Matt, and I also imagine that Matt, not Frank, would be rescuing Karen from Lewis (and the situation with Lewis in the freezer would have ended instead with Matt talking Lewis into not just releasing Karen, but also surrendering to the police and getting institutionalized).

I've always wondered, how would the events of The Punisher have unfolded if Matt hadn't "died" in Midland Circle? Somehow, I imagine that Karen would suggest Frank get in touch with Matt, and I also imagine that Matt, not Frank, would be rescuing Karen from Lewis (and the situation with Lewis in the freezer would have ended instead with Matt talking Lewis into not just releasing Karen, but also surrendering to the police and getting institutionalized).
Yeah I kind of doubt all that. Karen wouldn't have suggested that I don't think, especially when Matt would've probably tried to stop Frank and gotten him taken in by the police.

Yeah I kind of doubt all that. Karen wouldn't have suggested that I don't think, especially when Matt would've probably tried to stop Frank and gotten him taken in by the police.

Well what about the Lewis situation in 1x10? If it had been Matt, not Frank, who showed up at the hotel, how would the fight have ended? I imagine Matt disarming Lewis before he could grab Karen, or what I said earlier in the above post. Your thoughts on that one specific situation?

Well what about the Lewis situation in 1x10? If it had been Matt, not Frank, who showed up at the hotel, how would the fight have ended? I imagine Matt disarming Lewis before he could grab Karen, or what I said earlier in the above post. Your thoughts on that one specific situation?

Why on Earth do you assume Matt would do it when Frank didn't manage to?

I mean Matt's sort of out of the picture at the moment, so I never really gave it much thought.

Still pulling for either an Elektra show or another 6 ep arc in Daredevil or maybe punisher at least.

They need to introduce Bullseye at some point. Who better to cross paths with him than Elektra.

I really like this intro, in both visual presentation and melody used for it.

If I'm lucky, this show will keep up its pace and end up being my favorite Netflix season of Marvel.
It has a very Tom Waits vibe to it. Especially the last chords when the show title is displaying.
Never heard of him before, I guess I might check some of his work.

If I'm lucky, this show will keep up its pace and end up being my favorite Netflix season of Marvel.
Never heard of him before, I guess I might check some of his work.

The original cover for the title song "Way Down in the Hole" from The Wire.

Also, he did "bad place Broke Luce" (the song that plays when Frank is using his sledgehammer on Lance and his buddies in the first episode).

The original cover for the title song "Way Down in the Hole" from The Wire.

Also, he did "bad place Broke Luce" (the song that plays when Frank is using his sledgehammer on Lance and his buddies in the first episode).
I might check this stuff.

I forgot Bushwacker was a character. At least three of Punisher's foes are Daredevil villains, and three of them debuted in Spider-Man comics.

Lewis Wilson is the name of a Batman actor, and the crazy bomber for this show carries the name of a Batman actor.

According to a few punisher fan pages this is concept art for season 2
DR9_JvSUQAA_mrn.jpg

I like it but for his hair I think they'd be better off going with something like this:

Jon-BErnthal-970x545.jpg

But maybe a little shorter.

That top picture to me is the perfect evolution of the costume. Similar to the 2016 arc only cooler. The utility of the chest rig was always a smart move in my book. But I also like the possibility of Frank using gear that bests suits for the job. To me, him changing costume is more of a tactical choice than an aesthetic one.

That top picture to me is the perfect evolution of the costume. Similar to the 2016 arc only cooler. The utility of the chest rig was always a smart move in my book. But I also like the possibility of Frank using gear that bests suits for the job. To me, him changing costume is more of a tactical choice than an aesthetic one.

yup i like that they're changing up his gear, using the teeth as ammo pouches is definitely something Frank would do. I also like that on his pants you see a hint of camo. And btw I just found out that top picture was fan art lol damn I hope they give that pic a look tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"