The Punisher The Punisher - General Discussion Thread

So season 2 is rumored to be the Slavers inspired.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Trust arc adapted in a future season.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/marvels...gham-season-2-cast-netflix-series-1202301689/

EXCLUSIVE: Josh Stewart (Shooter), Floriana Lima (Supergirl), and Giorgia Whigham (Scream) have been cast as new series regulars for the upcoming second season of Marvel’s The Punisher on Netflix.

The Punisher stars Jon Bernthal as Frank Castle, a former Marine who’s out to punish the criminals responsible for his family’s murder finds himself ensnared in a military conspiracy.

Stewart will play John Pilgrim, a man whose calm exterior belies a ruthless interior. Despite having left behind a life of violence, circumstances will force him to use his old skills and bring him into Frank Castle’s world. Lima will portray Krista Dumont, a smart, compassionate, and driven psychotherapist for military veterans. Whigham will play Amy Bendix, a street-smart grifter with a mysterious past.

“Josh, Floriana and Giorgia are all remarkable talents and we can’t wait for the audience to see what we have in store for them in the second season of Marvel’s The Punisher,” said Punisher executive producer Jeph Loeb, Head of Marvel Television.

Added The Punisher executive producer/showrunner Steve Lightfoot, “We are incredibly excited to have Josh, Floriana and Giorgia joining the cast of Marvel’s The Punisher and seeing them bring their talents to the next chapter in the Frank Castle story.”

In addition to Bernthal, returning Punisher cast also includes Ben Barnes as Billy Russo, Amber Rose Revah as Dinah Madani, and Jason R. Moore as Curtis Hoyle.

All 13-episodes of Season 1 of The Punisher are streaming on Netflix. A Season 2 premiere date has not yet been set.

Stewart was a series regular on USA’s Shooter and most recently appeared in feature Insidious: The Last Key. He is repped by UTA, Grandview and attorney David Krintzman.

Lima played the series regular role of Maggie Sawyer on Supergirl and recurs on Lethal Weapon. She is repped by Gersh and Industry Entertainment.

Whigham plays Beth on the upcoming rebooted third season of MTV’s Scream and will next be seen in feature Sierra Burgess is a Loser. She is repped by Paradigm and Principal Entertainment LA.

The Punisher is executive produced by Steve Lightfoot, along with Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory. The series is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios for Netflix.

Floriana Lima getting another comic book TV role, cool.

Nice to get some casting for season 2. Really glad that Barnes is returning.

Seeing the Slavers adapted in some form would be awesome. One of my favorite Punisher stories and easily lends itself to the Netflix format.

It's also incredibly dark/disturbing. Like it'd make Season 1 look tame by comparison.

It's also incredibly dark/disturbing. Like it'd make Season 1 look tame by comparison.

Oh man I cant wait, Slavers is great because the villains are almost the lowest of the low. Seeing Frank brutalizing those people is going to be very satisfying...Also VERY glad Barnes is coming back, Im very interested to see him go full Jigsaw, he did the sick psycho persona pretty well in season 1...But Jigsaw is a whole other level of sick

I was wondering earlier why Micro might not be coming back to S2, and I remembered that he got reunited with his family again at the end of S1.

Damn. Looks like Marvel don't care about waiting anymore. DD S3 should be done filming in a month or 2. Iron Fist should be done before Spring.

Incredible how they're all simultaneous.

EXCLUSIVE: ‘Punisher’ Season 2 Looking to Cast Ohio Sheriff, Deputies and a Female Lead for a Suicide Run

This week’s news that three actors were cast in the upcoming second season of Marvel’s The Punisher not only confirmed some earlier character descriptions that we shared but it also cast some light onto some others that, until now, we’ve been holding onto. While we originally believed that the second season might adapt Garth Ennis’ The Slavers story arc, the casting of Georgia Wigham as Amy Bendix has not only taken that story out of play, it’s also given us a pretty good idea of where season 2 will actually head.

The character of Amy Bendix only appeared in two issues in the early 1990s (The Punisher: War Zone #24 and The Punisher War Journal #63) which were both a part of the Suicide Run story that ran across 3 separate Punisher titles. The arc begins with Castle emerging to take out nearly all of New York City’s major crime bosses after detonating a skyscraper with him in it. His apparent death allows for the emergence of several other Punisher-esque vigilantes in the city while Frank winds up in the small town of Laastekis, and recovers with the help of Amy Bendix. Unfortunately for Frank, Amy’s dad is the sheriff of the small town and when he finds Castle hiding out in his daughter’s tree house, he takes him into holding. Not believing he is Castle, Bendix calls the FBI and, as a result, brings hell to his small town as everyone out to get Castle descends on Laastekis, Pennsylvania.

It appears that the series will indeed adapt Suicide Run, but according to the character breakdowns we’ve seen, instead of ending up in Laastekis, PA, Castle will find himself under the watchful eye of Sheriff Bendix in Ohio. Marvel are currently looking to cast 4 roles associated with a small town Ohio sheriff’s department, the first of which is most certainly Bendix:

[Sheriff Bonnen] an authoritative male in his early 40s.

[Deputy Willis] a female, 33-37, who is a good cop but looks out for #1 above all else.

[Deputy Creamer] a 25-28 year old male who is described as optimistic and professional.

[Bob] a male in his early 50s who works at the desk at the sheriff office.

http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/03/...deputies-and-a-female-lead-for-a-suicide-run/

They have been mixing elements of various Punisher runs with his appearance in Daredevil and his own series. I imagine the suicide run small town recovery/stand off story will probably be something like a four episode mini arc in the season.

I just hope we see Frank and Matt in one of the Infinity Wars movie, either just helping Steve up from getting blown out of a building, or shooting down a bad guy who was trying to attack T'Challa.

I remember thinking suicide run was a really cool story that fizzled out in the end.

I remember thinking suicide run was a really cool story that fizzled out in the end.

I think that is true of a number of the better Punisher stories from his peak popularity era.

Writers start off with some cool ideas but mess it up with some ill conceived third act.

Punisher Final Days could of been the characters Born Again. Kingpin finally having enough of the Punisher and putting a plan together to systematically destroy him like he did to Daredevil. The writers inevitably messed it up when they had the Punisher escape prison and get plastic surgery to make him look like a black man. They turned the story into the Punisher learns about racism in America for some reason.

Curious if Madani has any sort of long term damage from the bullet she took.

Production on Season 2, it seems, is already underway in Baltimore.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/03/10/punisher-season-two-officially-begun-filming-bloodied-bruised-frank-back-trouble-7376984/

sec_2784944.jpg

I'd prefer if we never see Madani again. She wasn't a good character, and her American accent was terrible.

I liked the character, but do we need her? Not really.

Madani was ok but I don't see the need for her to come back.

There are plenty of other law enforcement characters similar to her in the comics they could adapt.

The only reason I see to bringing her back is because Russo wakes up and goes after her.

Madani was ok but I don't see the need for her to come back.

There are plenty of other law enforcement characters similar to her in the comics they could adapt.

The only reason I see to bringing her back is because Russo wakes up and goes after her.
Another reason I didn't like the Madani. They could've adapted a number of better characters from the comics instead of making one up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"