The Punisher The Punisher - General Discussion Thread

for the next season I wonder if there is a "macro arc" like with the first season dealing with the fates of ex-military people and the PTSD related to that.

Any word when we will see a trailer? Pretty disappointed we have not gotten one yet.

I imagine we'll get one when they are ready to announce the Season 2 drop. So let's say it drops first quarter 2019, one would think we get a trailer or something in the next 2-3 months or thereabouts.

It likely won't come until about 1 month prior to the season dropping. It's been the norm lately.

It likely won't come until about 1 month prior to the season dropping. It's been the norm lately.

Yeah. I was also surprised we got Iron Fist S2 and Daredevil S3 back-to-back so quickly. I wonder if it will be the same with Punisher S2 and Jessica Jones S3.

Yeah. I was also surprised we got Iron Fist S2 and Daredevil S3 back-to-back so quickly. I wonder if it will be the same with Punisher S2 and Jessica Jones S3.

It feels like Netflix just kind of dumped Iron Fist season 2 into existence and didn't care that much. Compare IF's campaign to the DD S3 campaign, and there is no comparison. They showed they cared about DD a lot more. My guess is they won't do that to Punisher or JJ, but I guess it partly depends on how strongly they feel about those shows moving forward.

It feels like Netflix just kind of dumped Iron Fist season 2 into existence and didn't care that much. Compare IF's campaign to the DD S3 campaign, and there is no comparison. They showed they cared about DD a lot more. My guess is they won't do that to Punisher or JJ, but I guess it partly depends on how strongly they feel about those shows moving forward.

I could be totally wrong, but something tells me that Netflix is winding down its Marvel content. I feel like they are moving on after the current contracted seasons are done.

Even Daredevil Season 3 didn't feel as big of a deal as the first two seasons by Netflix.

I could be totally wrong, but something tells me that Netflix is winding down its Marvel content. I feel like they are moving on after the current contracted seasons are done.

Even Daredevil Season 3 didn't feel as big of a deal as the first two seasons by Netflix.

I think it did. I saw ads for it on Sunday Night Football and such. Also it had an active campaign of trailers, featurettes, etc. So Daredevil got more prime treatment.

TBH I had so many contradictory opinions about S3 of DD, it was a tough watch. It feels like they wanted a redo of season 1, and threw out the lessons Matt learned in Season 1 (like needing a costume).

Maybe the Netflix productions got the call given with Disney streaming, Marvel won't be as keen sharing production with a competitor.

I've been rewatching this over the past week. I forgot how good it is. It's still my favourite Netflix Marvel show. It feels very real and touches on the very real issue of soldiers affected by PTSD and the lack of support they receive when returning from combat. It's also the most emotional IMO. The scene where Frank pulls the K-bar on Micro's son was so good. I can't think of a similar moment in the other shows.

Bernthal seems to be teasing on Instagram that the trailer or maybe the new season itself is dropping soon.

Looks like we probably won't get a season three of the Punisher... damn.

Likely not. Looks like Punisher and JJ will be done, unless they all get saved by Hulu or migrated to FX or something post FOX closure.

FWIW, Punisher is theoretically the easiest to save. I'm not saying any of them will stay on Netflix (I suspect they won't) but, if the claim is that the shows are too expensive, Punisher could move to a cheaper city to film rather than stay in New York.

FWIW, Punisher is theoretically the easiest to save. I'm not saying any of them will stay on Netflix (I suspect they won't) but, if the claim is that the shows are too expensive, Punisher could move to a cheaper city to film rather than stay in New York.

I mean you could keep the New York City setting without filming in New York. Or you could just have Frank touring around the world and rooting out terrorist cells, drug cartels, gun runners, et al.

The show already looked pretty low budget

New York is expensive to film in. That seems to be the biggest problem.

Sure, you could move it and pretend its New York, but I think it loses a lot of verisimilitude when you've seen actual New York on the show and then go to fake New York.

Netflix and Marvel has the $$

They need to invest more of it in the shows (or Marvel I should say). Some of the action sequences seem almost on level with the CW series.

they still gotta put out season three dont they? and yea I think it makes sense for Frank to move out of New York at some point because you would think he has to be on the move to be able to operate. But nah I have zero faith this show will stay alive after season 3.

I mean you could keep the New York City setting without filming in New York. Or you could just have Frank touring around the world and rooting out terrorist cells, drug cartels, gun runners, et al.
Frank in Mexico would be fun. Or him in Pakistan. But that might get a tad cartoony and controversial eventually.

Frank in Mexico would be fun. Or him in Pakistan. But that might get a tad cartoony and controversial eventually.

I mean you are never going to get around the controversy really. I mean one of those Marvel Anime movies with Norman Reedus as Frank had Iron Man finding him tracking a terrorist cell in the Middle-East that he was probably going to annihilate with extreme prejucide.

I mean you are never going to get around the controversy really. I mean one of those Marvel Anime movies with Norman Reedus as Frank had Iron Man finding him tracking a terrorist cell in the Middle-East that he was probably going to annihilate with extreme prejucide.
Good point. But in today's media; white American former special Ops annihilating cartels is one thing. But it could be spun as him "going all GW on Mexico". Same with him going after terrorists in Pakistan. Silly, I admit.

I prefer he continues going after mobsters/organized crime. It's def something overlooked in today's villains of Cartels/Islamic militants.

Even him going after cartels can be seen as "problematic" and pro- "White Supremacy Nationalism." The Sicario sequel received criticism for being racist and problematic against Mexico.

I'd be fine if he sticks with organized crime, but he can still go on the road and go to other cities for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"