the Q&A...true after all?

Spiderpig said:
The point you seem to be repeatedly missing is that your argument is based on interpretation not evidence. The pictures could show harry being rescued by Peter. They could also be interpretted as a million other things and thus prove nothing.

I can only hope that you're never picked for Jury service.

In my previous post I've simplified the description of that scene using no names and only imagery, so you can better see the logic of how it fits with the Q&A. That said, given what we know for FACT about the film, why don't you give us a few other interpretations?

SpiderB said:
In my previous post I've simplified the description of that scene using no names and only imagery, so you can better see the logic of how it fits with the Q&A. That said, given what we know for FACT about the film, why don't you give us a few other interpretations?
If they're setting up for a shot then the dummy could represent anyone or anything and the clothing is not necessarily indicitive of what will be worn in the scene.

Why does it have to be a scene from the Q&A?

Spidey and Sandman
Spidey and Venom
Spidey and a random criminal
Spidey and Harry
Spidey and Eddie
Spidey and Aunt May
Spidey and Mj
Harry and Sandman
Harry and Venom
Harry and Eddie
Harry and Aunt May
Harry and MJ...

You get the gist..?

Spiderpig said:
If they're setting up for a shot then the dummy could represent anyone or anything and the clothing is not necessarily indicitive of what will be worn in the scene.

Why does it have to be a scene from the Q&A?

Spidey and Sandman
Spidey and Venom
Spidey and a random criminal
Spidey and Harry
Spidey and Eddie
Spidey and Aunt May
Spidey and Mj
Harry and Sandman
Harry and Venom
Harry and Eddie
Harry and Aunt May
Harry and MJ...

You get the gist..?

There's no reason to believe that it's a dummy. We see that it moves in the other shots, and is still dressed in that costume. There would be no reason to use a dummy there. It makes no sense. In high-risk stunts, yes they often use dummies. Not for scenes where someone is lying on the ground. If anything, they use what's called a stand-in. The stand-in is a person who looks very similar to (and thus would be dressed in the same costume as) the actor they are standing in for.

Also, did you read my last post on the previous page? You're trying to find ways to disprove the individual parts of this Q&A, while ignoring the fact that all those parts(however vague they may seem by themselves) are fitting together to back it up.

SpiderB said:
It makes no sense. In high-risk stunts, yes they often use dummies. Not for scenes where someone is lying on the ground. If anything, they use what's called a stand-in.
It might have been thrown from the roof to test something.
It might just be lying there out the way while they setup.
It might be Harry.
It might be a homeless man they knocked out because the smell of urine was making Tobey gag.

Might.

SpiderB said:
Also, did you read my last post on the previous page? You're trying to find ways to disprove the individual parts of this Q&A, while ignoring the fact that all those parts(however vague they may seem by themselves) are fitting together to back it up.
Might fit together to back it up.

I'm not looking to disprove anything, you simply haven't offered anything that I consider to be tangible proof.

Look, the only point I'm making here is that you're perhaps being a little too zealous about what these pictures offer.

"The set pics from the alley totally seal his credibility".
"those pics show the exact scene he described"
"It's too accurate to be coincidence."

They might, they might not.

nowheremann said:
quit arguing about wether its a dummy or not. who cares!
That's certainly not what I'm discussing.

If you don't like what you're reading then might I suggest you pick one of the many other threads available.

There's a good lad.

Spiderpig said:
It might just be lying there out the way while they setup.

actually in a couple of the pictures you can see that's exactly what it is doing. they are all walking around setting stuff up, and the whole time it's still just laying there like a dummy without hands.

Spider-Bite said:
actually in a couple of the pictures you can see that's exactly what it is doing. they are all walking around setting stuff up, and the whole time it's still just laying there like a dummy without hands.

:D So true.

SpiderB said:
-Symbiote Costume description: check

-Grace would indeed play Brock/Venom: check (later confirmed by THC)

-Scene with two figures in an alley, one would be dressed in a black costume and would be knocked out, the other character would be in street clothes and would have the ability to land gracefully from high falls. He would approach the knocked out figure in black: check

-Use of the church tower idea: check

-Armored truck chase through the streets: check

It's like a puzzle. The individual pieces may seem vague, but only until you see them starting to fit together. The Q&A is for real. End of story.

topher as venom: checked a long time before Q & A came out, we already knew that

symbiote: obviously check if were going to have Venom

everything else on your list: no check

none of that stuff has been confirmed. people see more than what it is there. what are the odds that that one of the buildings in New York's background will be a church? we never saw anybody approaching this dummy. and for all we know it could be a homeless person laying there or a DUMMY. Last time I checked Harry had hands. How do you explain that it has no hands?

you see one thing, and then you run with it and add onto it.

you say the fact that they are using the church thing from the cartoon, proves the Q&A. but we don't really know that they are using that idea. a picture of a chruch is not the same thing as footage of spider-man using a church bell tower.

a picture of a bank is not the same thing as an armoured truck chase. your citing evidence you don't have.

we never saw any footage or pics of any armored truck robbery, with the exception of the first spider-man teaser with the WTC.

that is clearly a dummy laying on the ground that every body calls Harry. the face is just blurry, it's reflecting light very intensely in such a way to suggest that there are no facial features on it's head, and it's rather just an oval shape. It also clearly has no hands.
120879662_0692ab192d.jpg

not only that, but the dummy just keeps laying there while crew members walk around setting everything up just stepping over it. notice in every picture he's laying there, no matter what everybody else is doing.

120879662_0692ab192d.jpg

120879644_cbf7ea9230.jpg

120879620_1dde7b24ed.jpg

120879602_8350130dfe.jpg

120879570_8f81fa147d.jpg

Here somebody must have just kicked it out of their way or something, because it is in slightly a different position. It's funny this camera man didn't get even a single picture of this dummy standing up.

120879495_d0597080fa.jpg

Spider-Bite said:
topher as venom: checked a long time before Q & A came out, we already knew that

symbiote: obviously check if were going to have Venom

everything else on your list: no check

none of that stuff has been confirmed. people see more than what it is there.

He didn't just say that the symbiote was in the movie. He decribed exactly what the costume would look like. And with all those people in Cleveland confirming an armored truck chase scene, I'd say thats a big check. As for the pictures you felt the need to repost, I already responded to that. We don't know how much time there was between those pictures. If they were taken right in a row as they appear to have been, of course the actor wouldn't have moved. He supposed to be out cold. It would break continuity. The shots where he's in a different position are obviously from between takes, as those are the ones where you see lots of crew members, etc. and he would have been able to relax himself for a few minutes. I wish you'd explain why you think they'd use a dummy there. They don't use dummies when they're "just setting up a shot" like that. There's absolutely no reason to. They use the actor or a stand-in. Know something about the process of filmmaking before you make declarations like that.

I remember there was also a "possible script summary" which matched the Q&A in several points. At first the summary was laughed at because it was written in a very infantile way. But short while after the Q&A was posted and people saw that the summary might be legit. IMO it was a great plot... and there were really a lot of matches... like the number of fights and where they'll take place, who's gonna die etc...
I'll try and find it...

SpiderB said:
He didn't just say that the symbiote was in the movie. He decribed exactly what the costume would look like. And with all those people in Cleveland confirming an armored truck chase scene, I'd say thats a big check. As for the pictures you felt the need to repost, I already responded to that. We don't know how much time there was between those pictures. If they were taken right in a row as they appear to have been, of course the actor wouldn't have moved. He supposed to be out cold. It would break continuity. The shots where he's in a different position are obviously from between takes, as those are the ones where you see lots of crew members, etc. and he would have been able to relax himself for a few minutes. I wish you'd explain why you think they'd use a dummy there. They don't use dummies when they're "just setting up a shot" like that. There's absolutely no reason to. They use the actor or a stand-in. Know something about the process of filmmaking before you make declarations like that.

it doesn't have hands. for crying out loud. it does not have hands. Harry Osborn has hands.

yes the symbiote was described accurately, but over at the Sony boards a while before the Q&A, there was a thread with supposed leaked pics of the symbiote. It looked exactly like the red and blue one but it was all dark blue. It even had the weblines and everything. Everybody myslef, included figured it was just photo manips, and the thread got deleted quickly.

no it's a hypothetical question, based on how long it's taken for the Q&A to be dismissed (or proved)

thanks imdb-looks like I was wrong about *ahem*-hes just nice is all :)
now I feel real stupid....

You know a lot of digital cameras have the ability to take short video clips, that would have put a lot of these arguments to rest right quick :D

SpiderB said:
There's no reason to believe that it's a dummy. We see that it moves in the other shots, and is still dressed in that costume. There would be no reason to use a dummy there. It makes no sense. In high-risk stunts, yes they often use dummies. Not for scenes where someone is lying on the ground. If anything, they use what's called a stand-in. The stand-in is a person who looks very similar to (and thus would be dressed in the same costume as) the actor they are standing in for.

We never saw it moving. geez. man it's not footage it's a picture. first you see him getting knocked off of his glider in the pic. then you see him getting knocked out. then you see spider-man taking him to the hospital. Now he's moving.

NONE OF THAT IS HAPPENING IN THOSE PICTURES.

Nothing is "happening" in the pictures, like you said, they are static, I hope we get some vid in the next batch

they are using unfounded flaims as evidence to support their other unfounded claims.

Spider-Bite said:
a picture of a bank is not the same thing as an armoured truck chase. your citing evidence you don't have.

I think we can put a check by this now.

I wonder who is suppose to be driving that armored truck in that scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"