• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Days of Future Past The Ranking the X-Men movies thread

I'm leaving DOFP off of the list until I actually get to see it. So here we go:

1. X2.

2. TW.

3. FC.

4. X-Men.

5. XMOW.

6. TLS.

1. X2
2. X-Men: First Class
3. X-Men / The Wolverine
4. X-Men: The Last Stand
5. X-Men Origins: Wolverine

X-Men 1 and The Wolverine are equal to me and they both always swap between number 3 and 4 on the list and I can't decide. The Wolverine definitely would have been number 3, but the third act brings it down a little, plus I still really like X-Men 1 but it has dated slightly and feels low budget and very TV at times, so they are both number 3 for me.

X-Men 2 still remains the standard for me regarding the XM films and First Class was almost number 1 on the list, but when the film goes away from the Magneto/Xavier storyline it's SLIGHTLY less interesting because some of the secondary characters are REALLY underdeveloped, Darwin was useful, Angel was useless, Havok and Banshee were ok, January Jones' wooden acting as Emma Frost, I didn't care for Moira MacTaggert, Azazel wasn't in it as much as I wanted and Riptide didn't even speak. The film combined the X-Men Origins: Magneto script with the First Class script and the Magneto script is definitely the stronger part, so that stops it from being number 1 on the list for me.

X-Men: The last Stand to me is definitely not as bad as some people say it is, but it's definitely one of the weaker ones. I LOVED Kelsey Grammar as Beast and the make-up was great, the action scene in Jean's house with the telepathic battle between Jean and Charles was great and the Golden Gate Bridge was a great moment, but it does have major problems that everyone has already pointed out.

As for X-Men Origins: Wolverine, I can't add anything that hasn't already been said: too many characters, just felt like another X-Men film than a Wolverine film, origin story rushed, the adamantium experiment scene was MILES better in X2, love story with Silverfox bad, TERRIBLE CGI, dated action with too much wire work, Deadpool just destroyed, crap script, farm scene is rip-off of Martha and Johnathan Kent, Danny Huston nowhere near as good as Bryan Cox and so on... The only things I liked were Hugh Jackman, Liev Schreiber and the first 10-15 minutes with that war montage title sequence and Ryan Reynolds as Wade on that opening mission and that's it.

Last edited:
You actually preffer XMOW over TLS? ;)

Absolutely. Origins merely took a dump on Wolverine and Deadpool's characters (and we had Liev Schreiber's fantastic Victor Creed). TLS took a giant steaming dump all over the entire franchise and managed to butcher TWO classic X-Men storylines at the same time. Also, it wasted all of the good buildup from the first two movies. So yes, I'd rather watch Origins again than TLS, and it's not even close.

Absolutely. Origins merely took a dump on Wolverine and Deadpool's characters (and we had Liev Schreiber's fantastic Victor Creed). TLS took a giant steaming dump all over the entire franchise and managed to butcher TWO classic X-Men storylines at the same time. Also, it wasted all of the good buildup from the first two movies. So yes, I'd rather watch Origins again than TLS, and it's not even close.
Thanks for responding and explaining. For me it is actually the other way around, Gambit and some of Liev's scenes were my only hightlights in XMOW and I can't watch it because of the horrible cgi in some scenes. While X3 in my opinion mostly just ruins Phoenix. ;)

I'm leaving DOFP off of the list until I actually get to see it. So here we go:

1. X2.

2. TW.

3. FC.

4. X-Men.

5. XMOW.

6. TLS.

As of right now we are In total agreement although
Since most of films being erased In DOFP with time travel
It may make me reevalute having FC above X-Men but nothing could get me to change my feeling on Last stand as worst film In series.

1. X2: X-Men United
2. X-Men: First Class

3. The Wolverine
4. X-Men

5. X-Men Origins: Wolverine

6. X-Men: The Last Stand

Always changes, especially with TW/FC/X1, but today it's like this:

1) X2
2) TW (extended)
3) FC/X1 (can't decide)

5) X3
6) XMOW

Hoping DOFP to at least challenge X2.

Last edited:
1. X2
2. X1
3. X3
4. First Class

1. The Wolverine
2. XOW

X-2: X-men United
X-Men
The Wolverine
X-Men: First Class
X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Thanks for responding and explaining. For me it is actually the other way around, Gambit and some of Liev's scenes were my only hightlights in XMOW and I can't watch it because of the horrible cgi in some scenes. While X3 in my opinion mostly just ruins Phoenix. ;)

Yeah, I look at it this way: X3 is a bad X-Men movie first and just a plain old poor movie second. XO:W is an atrocious movie first and a bad Wolverine movie second. I mean, there's nothing in X3 as brain damaged as the amnesia bullets in XO:W. That's some B&R level stupidity there.

I found Origins to be much worse than B&R, in least that one could be semi salvaged in a good sequel, Origins craped on the origin of the character and canon.

My rankings are completely in line with the "general consensus" ratings of the films. IE their scores on RottenTomatoes:

1. X2 ~ 87%
1. X-Men First Class ~ 87%
3. X-Men ~ 82%
4. The Wolverine ~ 69%
5. X-Men: The Last Stand ~ 58%
6. X-Men Origins: Wolverine ~ 38%

X-Men (8/10)

X2: X-Men United (7/10)

X-Men: First Class (6.5/10)

The Wolverine (6.5/10)

X-Men: The Last Stand (6.5/10)

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (4/10)

I'm hoping that DOFP can land in the top two.

Last edited:
My rankings are completely in line with the "general consensus" ratings of the films. IE their scores on RottenTomatoes:

1. X2 ~ 87%
1. X-Men First Class ~ 87%
3. X-Men ~ 82%
4. The Wolverine ~ 69%
5. X-Men: The Last Stand ~ 58%
6. X-Men Origins: Wolverine ~ 38%

There's also a separate rating for the top critics. The order is the same but different ratings.

Origins is last solely for the terrible CGI ladder sequence

Origins is last solely for the terrible CGI ladder sequence
And bad dialogue, less good looking claws, Patrick Stewarts CGI facelift and the fact that except for Sabertooth, Gambit and Blob there were a LOT of boring (visually unintresting) mutants. Oh yeah and there is the deadpool cyclops armblades abomination. ;)

Not nearly as bad as the mirror scene at Hudsons home or the continuity problems.

CGI claws... :doh:

What got me is that they look worse than in X1... Did they blow the whole budget on that craptacular helicopter stunt?

CGI claws... :doh:

What got me is that they look worse than in X1... Did they blow the whole budget on that craptacular helicopter stunt?

In X1 they looked very fine. And nice.

They should have used props in Origins.

X-Men2
X-Men1/X-MenFC
The Wolverine

X-Men TLS

X-OW

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members