Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. The RATINGS Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Lets talk about the ratings here and I'll compile the ratings of this show in the 1st post, for like every new episode.:woot:

I don't know what you're talking about. I regularly visit a website that follows U.S. ratings and with ratings, you could judge whether if a show is gonna survive for another season or not. And I think there should be a thread about the ratings of this show.

I don't know what you're talking about. I regularly visit a website that follows U.S. ratings and with ratings, you could judge whether if a show is gonna survive for another season or not. And I think there should be a thread about the ratings of this show.

I can tell deep down that you want this show to fail because its not made by your precious FOX.

Full numbers still to come, but first reports show 4.9/15 in the 18-45 demo; called a "strong opening."

4.6 is crazy high for a new show like this. And 12 million viewers not including the l+ numbers bodes very well for this.

T"Challa;26904775 said:
4.6 is crazy high for a new show like this. And 12 million viewers not including the l+ numbers bodes very well for this.

When the DVR numbers come in the ratings will bump up a bit, to be sure.

That demo number has to have ABC/Disney execs jumping for joy. That is exactly what they were hoping for, and it's what will keep the show afloat. Fingers crossed that it retains its audience next week. Reaction online is very good, so it should continue to pull well.

Can't really gauge this for another few weeks. I am sure something like the Sarah Connor Chronicles also opened big. Some of these shows are simply leechers of high profiled profiled properties with big fan bases. You have to maintain an audience for a sustained amount of time.

Last edited:
Hell yeah! Killing the ratings!

That Sarah Connor chronicles mess was Fox being Fox. Why they put a show like that on a Friday was beyond me. You're just begging for it to fail

11 million + viewers.

Highest rated new show of the fall.

Biggest drama premiere in 4 years.

Pretty safe to say it's a home run, y'all. :)

Plus I only see it gaining. Sure we will lose some who - for whatever reason expected this to be more like Nolan's Batman "campy, funny, not serious, cars can fly?!" - but since that is what the AVENGERS was in tone (I mean literally it's the exact same tone, just without the core superheroes) I see word spreading like rapid fire and that bringing in an increasing viewer demand.

As plenty of shows have shown (V, No Ordinary Family) a strong debute, while great, doesn't mean that the audience will come back week after week. So I think next week is the real question as to if it is a hit.

The main obstacle has already been overcome -- will you watch a show without the core group of heroes? It was a resounding yes.

The second question (posed by the mass audience) -- will it at least be similar in tone to 'The Avengers'? That was met by a resounding yes.

I really can't see a single factor that would deter that at this point, other than people watching it and expecting it to be humorless and serious (or completely contrary and the opposite to 'The Avengers').

The main obstacle has already been overcome -- will you watch a show without the core group of heroes? It was a resounding yes.

I would hardly say the main obstacle has been overcome. There was never really any doubt about people watching this in droves - the Marvel branding pretty much guaranteed that.

The main obstacle now is convincing people that it's good enough to keep coming back every week. If the writing drops off, the characters aren't interesting and the story isn't compelling - it will most certainly suffer like any other television show.

Good start but it'll have to show it can keep people coming back after the initial curiosity with it.

T"Challa;26905013 said:
That Sarah Connor chronicles mess was Fox being Fox. Why they put a show like that on a Friday was beyond me. You're just begging for it to fail

Fox dumps all of its scifi shows on Friday night. Everything since the X-Files has landed there. Another factor is that the quality of that show dropped drastically as time went on. The first season started off well enough, but it soon descended into a morass of nonsense revolving around the Cameron character. The whole idea that John needed to be in high school along with the obviously older robot was ludicrous. Did the writers never hear about home schooling? And what about staying off the grid? Fox didn't kill TSCC, the writers did.

Great news! I just hope Whedon will put a great creative team in place to manage AOS because he will soon be busy with writing and directing Avengers 2. It is imperative that they can consistently improve the show to make it one of the best on TV.

The main obstacle now is convincing people that it's good enough to keep coming back every week. If the writing drops off, the characters aren't interesting and the story isn't compelling - it will most certainly suffer like any other television show.

So if DISNEY and MARVEL basically use stupid business sense by not hiring the best writers they possibly can for a show that if received negatively would damage the good business they have going for them? I don't know any business team who would do that. Because if this is bad? They are putting a black spot on their record and they're going to pull all the stops to make sure that that isn't the case.

They already have good writers - I'm just saying if those writers don't produce quality work in the upcoming episodes the high ratings in the premiere will be moot.

Whedon and his team may be good writers but they aren't great. He's had some flop writing in his past shows.

They already have good writers - I'm just saying if those writers don't produce quality work in the upcoming episodes the high ratings in the premiere will be moot.

Whedon and his team may be good writers but they aren't great. He's had some flop writing in his past shows.

Which again, DISNEY and MARVEL will ensure every episode is in top form. What business sense does it make to put out a show, draw in thousands of viewers for the PILOT episode, then have it go down the drain causing viewers to lose trust and faith in the MARVEL brand that they've built up over the years? This is MORE than just a TV series at stake. And DISNEY and MARVEL are anything BUT bad business planners.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"