The Resident Evil Thread

I'd rather see a remake of RE3 than another of RE1.
I don't think CV needs one either. The controls might be bad but the visuals are still good enough to look at. Give me RE8 or something else, instead.

The graphics of CV look **** even back in the ps2 days.

I don't mind the spiders, I love stepping on the baby spiders.

Never played that.
Made by Capcom, during the height of the Resident Evil days. Another survival horror game, but with dinosaurs instead of zombies. You play as Regina, a member of a special forces unit sent in to investigate. With what the RE2 remake turned out to be, Dino Crisis could be amazing.

Today is the DLC release. I haven't turned on my PS4 to see if it is out yet though.

DC? Darkside Chronicles? Why? It was a rehash of 2/CV with only Leon/Jack getting a new chapter. And I'm not sure how much stuff they can remake from that Leon/Jack chapter.

imo, they should remake Re1 again after CV. Get the third person perspective view in the infamous mansion!

Dino Crisis.

The DLC did indeed come out yesterday. Haven't gotten to it yet as I'm still working on Claire-B. Just had no time to play this week. :(

so any advice on best ways to shoot/kill zombies in order to conserve as much ammo as possible?

Depends on your set up. I think the head is still the best best if you want them down permanently, but it's a gamble with bullets. Taking out their legs and either running past or slashing from behind can save on ammo though.

Last edited:
Depends on your set up. I think the head is still the best best if you want them down permanently, but it's a gamble with bullets. Taking out their legs and either running past or slashing from behind can ssve on ammo though.

ah, thanks.

1 day ago
Friendly Reminder That The Original Costumes For Leon And Claire Have Become Available In RESIDENT EVIL 2
The Resident Evil 2 remake is getting the original 1998 costumes for Claire and Leon, as a nice homage to one of the best titles in the Resident Evil series' history. Take a look.Read more
| 2/15/2019
Filed Under: "Resident Evil" Source: Resident Evil

14654.jpg

Capcom's Resident Evil 2 remake was released last month, almost instantly becoming one of the most talked-about games of the year; exceeding all expectations from both the developer and fans of the survival horror series.

In fact, not a week after the game launched, Capcom revealed that Resident Evil 2 had managed to ship an impressive 3 million units — giving Resident Evil 7 a good run for its money in the sales department.

Resident Evil 2 was able to recapture all of the elements that made the Resident Evil series a household name, by simply going back to its survival horror roots; delivering an experience that satisfied long-time fans, as well as newcomers to the series.

As a treat for those fans that have played the original titles, more in particular the original Resident Evil 2, Capcom has released the '98 Classic costumes for Claire and Leon — which make the characters look like their 32-Bit counterparts from the original game.

These classic Resident Evil 2 costumes are available, as of today, for everyone who owns the game as a free download on the respective PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam online stores.

Check it out:

Knock knock open up the door, it’s real – the ‘98 Classic costumes are available starting today as a free download on PS4, XB1, and Steam! pic.twitter.com/BOoUEzCLix

— Resident Evil (@RE_Games) February 15, 2019
RE2-Pic2-February15.png

RE2-Pic1-February15.png

The genre-defining masterpiece Resident Evil 2 returns, completely re-built from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience. Using Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 offers a fresh take on the classic survival horror saga with breathtakingly realistic visuals, heart-poundingly immersive audio, a new over-the-shoulder camera, and modernized controls on top of gameplay modes from the original game.

Resident Evil 2 is currently available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam.

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

If only they would have put a damn T-shirt on her first "classic" design.. We wouldn't even need this.

They are faithful but damned ugly skins.

I finally got to finish Claire's run and get the true ending. It wasn't as hard a fight as I was expecting but it was still a good fight.

psychical copys for North america it'll also beon the Eshop on the same day of it's digital launch.

detail below

Switch
Resident Evil, Resident Evil 0, and Resident Evil 4 for Switch launch May 21
Published 17 hours ago. 60 comments.
A trio of Resident Evil titles coming to Switch.

RE-Switch_02-25-19.jpg

Resident Evil, Resident Evil 0, and Resident Evil 4 will launch for Switch via the Nintendo eShop on May 21, Capcom announced. Pre-orders will open on February 28.

In North America, a Resident Evil Origins Collection including Resident Evil and Resident Evil 0 will be available at retail. In Europe, a retail release is not planned.

All three games are currently available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, as well as other platforms.

Here is an overview of each game, via their Steam pages:

Resident Evil (Steam)
About

The game that defined the survival-horror genre is back! Check out the remastered HD version of Resident Evil.

In 1998 a special forces team is sent to investigate some bizarre murders on the outskirts of Raccoon City. Upon arriving they are attacked by a pack of blood-thirsty dogs and are forced to take cover in a nearby mansion. But the scent of death hangs heavy in the air. Supplies are scarce as they struggle to stay alive.

Key Features

• Graphics
    • More detailed graphics that retain the horror.
    • The environments come alive with detail thanks to resolution upgrades and non-static 3D models.
    • Post-processing effects like Bloom filters, which were not easy to do at the time of the original release, have been added to make the HD
    • graphics even more realistic.
    • High-Resolution Environments – We’ve increased the resolution of the background environments by recreating them with a mix of high-res
    • static images, plus animated 3D models.
  • Widescreen Support
    • Widescreen (16:9) is supported, so players can experience a greater sense of immersion.
    • In widescreen mode, the screen will scroll. The parts of the screen that get cut off on the top and bottom will scroll into view automatically depending on the character’s position.
    • You can switch the display mode during gameplay in real time.
  • Sound and New Controls
    • High-Quality Sound – The audio has been remastered to increase the sampling rate, and of course 5.1 channel output is also now supported.
    • New Controls
    • You can play using the original control scheme or an alternate control scheme that lets you just push the analog stick to move in the direction you want to go.
    • You can switch the control scheme during gameplay in real time.
Resident Evil 0 (Steam)
About

Be prepared to relive the first nightmare in Resident Evil 0, a remastered version of the popular prequel to the original Resident Evil game. This remastered version takes the fear-inducing atmosphere from the original 2002 release and transforms it with stunning new HD visuals, improved sound, widescreen support and an optional modernized control system and more. It’s the best way to experience the story of what really happened before the iconic mansion incident that was the catalyst for the entire Resident Evil saga.

The story of Resident Evil 0 takes players back to 1998. Reports have been mounting about unusual murders on the outskirts of Raccoon City. The city’s Special Forces division, S.T.A.R.S., sends their Bravo Team – including rookie cop member Rebecca Chambers – to investigate. On route, the team’s helicopter suffers engine trouble and is forced to make a crash landing, where they find an overturned prisoner transport vehicle. Splitting up to search the area, Rebecca discovers the Ecliptic Express, a train stopped dead on the tracks. Inside, she meets death row convict and ex-Navy lieutenant Billy Coen. Throughout the game, you will take control of both Rebecca and Billy, at times switching between both characters in order to proceed. Learning the advantages of each character is the key to solving puzzles and surviving the nightmares that lie ahead.

Key Features

• Return to the series origins – Discover the truth behind what led to the horrors at the Mansion in Resident Evil in this fan-favorite and popular prequel title to the series.
  • Completely enhanced visuals – New high-resolution textures have been created from scratch, including 1080p support on next-gen consoles, while still preserving the classic appearance of the original release.
  • Fully remastered sound effects – 5.1 channel surround support provides a more experiential gaming atmosphere that best matches players’ listening environments.
  • Experience the horror in the classic 4:3 ratio or newly added 16:9 widescreen mode.
  • Play with the classic control scheme, or enjoy a new alternative scheme where the character moves in the direction of an analogue stick.
  • Fan-favorite Resident Evil characters – Rookie S.T.A.R.S. member Rebecca Chambers and wanted criminal Billy Coen combine skills and buddy up to survive the undead and infected nightmares that await them.
  • Wesker Mode – After completing the main storyline, you will be able to take control of series antagonist Albert Wesker, and use his superhuman abilities to power through the missions.
Resident Evil 4 (Steam)
About

In Resident Evil 4, special agent Leon S. Kennedy is sent on a mission to rescue the U.S. President’s daughter who has been kidnapped. Finding his way to a rural village in Europe, he faces new threats that are a departure from the traditional lumbering zombie enemies of the earlier installments in the series. Leon battles horrific new creatures infested by a new threat called Las Plagas and faces off against an aggressive group of enemies including mind-controlled villagers that are tied to Los Illuminados, the mysterious cult which is behind the abduction.

Key Features

• Stunning HD running at a smooth 60 frames per second for the first time.
  • A complete visual overhaul has been performed to bring this revered title to the highest graphical quality ever.
  • Fully optimized for the wide screen, texts have been sharpened and textures have been upgraded on characters, backgrounds and in-game objects.

source: Gematsu - Japanese Video Game News

20 hours ago
Capcom's RESIDENT EVIL 2 Remake Has Managed To Sell Over 4 Million Units In A Month
After having released in January, Capcom's acclaimed Resident Evil 2 remake has managed to sell a very impressive 4 million copies within its first month since launch.Read more

| 2/28/2019
Filed Under: "Resident Evil" Source: GamesIndustry
14841.jpg
Capcom's Resident Evil 2 has proven to be exactly what fans of the long-running survival horror series needed: a proper return to form that focused on the survival aspect rather than the action.

Within the first week since the remake's release, Resident Evil 2 managed to sell an impressive 3 million units; exceeding all expectations by performing even better than Resident Evil 7 when it released in January of 2017.

Capcom recently announced that Resident Evil 2 continues to exceed their expectations, as the game is reported to have been shipped over 4 million units within its first month since release; with the developer attributing this sales momentum to the overwhelmingly positive reviews the remake has had.

For reference, the original Resident Evil 2, since its original launch all the way back in 1998, has managed to sell a fairly impressive 4.9 million units.

Resident Evil 2 had already been reported to be amongst the best-selling titles of January, alongside Kingdom Hearts III and New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe. This, coupled with the fact that Capcom revealed that Resident Evil 5 is the best-selling title in the history of the franchise — with over 10 million copies can only mean good things for the series that was thought to have become stale over the years.

The genre-defining masterpiece Resident Evil 2 returns, completely re-built from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience. Using Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 offers a fresh take on the classic survival horror saga with breathtakingly realistic visuals, heart-poundingly immersive audio, a new over-the-shoulder camera, and modernized controls on top of gameplay modes from the original game.

Resident Evil 2 is currently available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam.

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

As I await the full package to be released I've been playing the original trilogy on the PS1, and I'm not a fan of that 4th Survivor mode cause the saving room near the helipad is merciless.

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
Toco Toco follows Devil May Cry 5 and Resident Evil 2 directors Hideaki Itsuno, Kazunori Kadoi, and Yasuhiro Anpo
Published 1 min ago. 0 comments.
A 40-minute special episode.

Toco-Toco-RE2-DMC5_03-04-19.jpg

The latest episode of Toco Toco, an Archipel-produced program where Japanese artists and creators introduce places in Japan that inspire them, features Devil May Cry 5 director Hideaki Itsuno and Resident Evil 2 remake directors Kazunori Kadoi and Yasuhiro Anpo.

Here’s an overview of the episode:

In this special episode toco toco, we headed west to Osaka to follow Hideaki Itsuno, director of the upcoming Devil May Cry 5, and the duo Yasuhiro Anpo and Kazunori Kadoi, directors of the critically acclaimed and recently released Resident Evil 2 remake.

Separated between two floors, the three game directors opened their doors to their respective development areas and introduced us to the places that inspire them, ranging from book stores to retro gaming shops in Osaka’s Nipponbashi area, over the course of two days.

Watch the full episode below.

source: Gematsu - Japanese Video Game News

I really hope the map stays close to the original. Out of the first three, Re3's setting was my favorite because I really felt the thrill of zombiecalypse. I'm expecting the roads to be wider, but I hope they keep the police station, post office, the restaurant, the office that was blocked by a fire, the bar, in where they were located in the originals map. I liked the map of downtown/uptown. The dirty factory though was my least favorite I don't mind if they drastically change it. And I hope Carlos is still playable, its a shame they didntbring himback for another numbered game. Yet Sherry who was a kid back then, got to return, like no offense to Sherry, but she wasn't one of the supporting characters I wanted to return. The supporting characters from the first three, I wanted to return were Barry, Ada and Carlos. From CV, Steve. Then in Re0, Rebecca. Though in Re6, I didn't use Jake but her in their campaign.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"